User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any Toronto people interested?

I was wondering since there are so many posters in Toronto, many we can plan to meet up one day and play eachother to test our skills to see if anyone is "blowing water" about their skills. (*wink wink* Tdotsmasher... )

So just reply to this thread if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

haven't been blowing water.. and no body really mentions their skills.. and ppl live all over toronto, so i don't know if that can be done.. plus i bet a few of the guys in TO are at least provincal players.. i don't wanna get thrashed..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm game. It sounds like fun. Round robin for singles and doubles and mixed wooHOO . Just give me a time and place.

Cheers,
    Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suck... zero owns me :P

Time Date Place... I'll go.. if you organize.... (Knowing zero it will never happen.. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tried it but...

If I remember, last year in the summer, we tried to gather the T.O. BCer's but nobody really wanted to travel that far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well alot of people I know are spending 2 hours to drive to school everyday. I dont think distance is the main reason... its more because of the wide discrepency of the skill level of the players. Anyways, even with TTC, it's pretty easy to go from one side of TO to the other in around 2 hours. It only took me 3 hours by bus to go from Mississauga "sotuh-west GTA" to Markham "north-east GTA."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this never really happened...or did it?
    haha Zero...did it realy work out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, never happened. But I have met most or all of the people that are located in Toronto on this forum.

There might be a chance of a tournament this year since the place he goes to is organized by an association and they need volunteers to plan the tournament. So keep your eyes peeled for further information.

Lets hope it's not dud news from my friend...haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey i'll come out if you guys ever decide to do anything, i'm right in downtown TO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if this gets organised, you guys can come out and skewl me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Nanashi
    if this gets organised, you guys can come out and skewl me...
    Damn I hate your sarcasm! haha!

Maybe me and Crux will have to travel all the way down to TO .. It sounds like major fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you guys in the GTA going to setup anything like that? The thing is finding a place to play with that amount of people... I only know Lee's and the community centre on Steeles and McCowan... and the community centre is only open on fridays from 6:30 to 8:30 and has 23 slots for people to drop-in. The stupid thing is that you have to go early to get a space. REAL early. If we plan to take ALL the spots we ALL have to be there at 4:00PM at the latest!!! But it doesn't matter what I say now because someone has to organize this event or get together or whatever you want to call it... -----> (preferably a female because I have seen males attempt to setup things like this and nothing ever goes right because I myself have setup certain events and experienced it at first hand what happens although sometimes it's all good. I have seen females screw up too but it doesn't happen often. and no I am not sexist or anything but this is just my opinion from my experience. like last time i went to a BBQ that was setup by a GUY and all hell broke loose! people were 3 HOURS LATE, food wasn't marinated (sp?) properly, we somehow got separated into 2 groups, the coordinator bought 5 bags of charcoal for 2 fires and we used 1.5 bags (1 bag was due to my childish acts of playing with fire) and the day IMO was a complete disaster cause nothing went right except for the cooking.)

I'm game for an event like this so please set one up! Anyways, I don't really care who organizes, as long has he/she has a good reputation to back it up...

Tare Panda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tarepanda,
    I've been to the community centre on Denison and McCowan before when I was down in TO. Not that great competition but its a drop-in (with limited spots) and I think it was also open like 6:30-8:30pm or somewhere aroung that time a few times a week. Is this the community centre you were talking about on Steeles and McCowan?? I heard there is also one down Bathurst?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Yodums
    Maybe me and Crux will have to travel all the way down to TO .. It sounds like major fun
    Oh! Oh! Pick me up along the way!

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by wunderbar
    tarepanda,
    I've been to the community centre on Denison and McCowan before when I was down in TO. Not that great competition but its a drop-in (with limited spots) and I think it was also open like 6:30-8:30pm or somewhere aroung that time a few times a week. Is this the community centre you were talking about on Steeles and McCowan?? I heard there is also one down Bathurst?
    Sorry dude. I haven't went to the one on McCowan and Denison if there is one there. I haven't noticed it. But I do know that there is one near Kennedy and Denison. But like you said, the drop-ins usually have limited spots. Yup. Steeles and McCowan. It's aliright with decent lighting but the sun will shine on one side of the court during sunset. Bad design on the architechs (sp?) part.

Tare Panda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the place on Steeles and McCowan place a community center or church?
    And what's up with all these places? List all of them so I can drop-in and challenge people....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by zero
    Is the place on Steeles and McCowan place a community center or church?
    And what's up with all these places? List all of them so I can drop-in and challenge people....
    It's across from the church. The south-east corner of McCowan and Steeles. Haha. This one doesn't have good people come play often. There are a couple that are pretty good in my standards because they are much better than me...

Tare Panda

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast