Using multiple coaches

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by base615, Jan 4, 2010.

1. base615

base615 Regular Member

Hi Guys,

I currently recieve 1 on 1 coaching once a week but am considering joining a group coaching session at another club in addition to my current coaching.

Could there be any issues with this in terms of confusion etc?

Cheers,

Craig

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    There could be differences but this is a good thing. Ul soon find out wot works best for you. I know footwork can vary etc but use your common sense and figure out which method you get given is best.

It can only be a gud thing. One coach might give better footwork training while the other might give better techniques for certain shots etc.

3. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Craig

I've worked with players for years and have always encouraged them to talk with and train with other coaches. I'm not one of those coaches (you know who you are) who likes the accolade of saying they "produced" that player, or this player is mine. Get a life.

It's healthy to learn from others and try different ways to achieve a common aim. sometimes, one coach will help you make it work whilst another really struggles to help you get the desired result.

As the great Bruce Lee used to say, "absorb what is useful". So go on, try a few other coaches and find out for yourself how it's working. Be straight with your coach who should be really supportive.

All the best

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

4. base615

base615 Regular Member

Great, thanks for the advise guys. I really appreciate it