User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 118
  1. #18
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Probably BAM is following CHN"s strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post

    Its good to hear this, 'to monitor their performances....from now onwards', at least this is more positive way in doing things....!

    How to monitor ? We knew we are not allowed to.....

    1. compare KKK to LYD........because only has 1 LYD in this world.
    2. expect them to win in tournaments...over those top 3 pairs
    3. dream them to win big....
    4. critic them when they keep losing to lower rank pairs and pair having
    health problems...
    5. reject their excuses when they lost.....
    6. critic them without comparing their achievements with the fuzzy pair.....

    I am looking forwards to see how they perform from now onwards.....

    .
    As just posted above, IMHO, it's always better to go for quality, than for quantity.
    All MAS players should now be fresher when participating.

    Probably BAM is following CHN's strategy. But whether or not it will work; it's another story. Let's see what better results they can achieve this year.
    .

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    So, this 14% budget cut has affected many MAS players, including LCW's tournament participation program. Perhaps, this could be a good thing for MAS players.

    IMHO, it's always better to go for quality, than for quantity.

    Why participate in so many tournament and get so exhausted tournaments after tournaments? Why not play less and do better at grander tournaments, like the Thomas Cup, World Championships, All-England, etc?
    .
    Exactly, do it just like LD and CY/FHF.......won majors, participate less but with fruitful results.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    well
    because their budjet had cut down 14%
    get what i mean?
    Not 13% meh ? Maybe some of the cut going to the RM50 million that football is getting.

    Oh yeah, chris@cc, must be clarified that the cut is the allocation from NSC to all sports, not cut from sponsor. BAM's funding is both from NSC & sponsors.
    Must cut a bit here & there, if not how to pay Tan Kim Her's salary...hehe

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Maybe the will reduce it to even less than 8 ss events..

    I cannot see why they would need to do that though..14 doubles tournaments / year (a little more than one a month) should not be a problem for a fit MD pair.. heck.. Lee Young dae playes both mixed and doubles in most tournaments, for example (and doing quite well )
    /T
    KKK also play XD & he's 3 years older than LYD. Korea players, same age/ slightly younger/older than LYD also nowhere near that level of results if they play MD &XD.

    They just reduce the 2 SS after Commonwealth & bf Asia Games, add up in the end the total will be about the same with 2009. I'm sure the other pairs involved in AG 2010 will also skip the Europe edition.
    Plus, it gives a chance for the back up MD to go SS. Budget constraint, few slots available to go.

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Exactly, do it just like LD and CY/FHF.......won majors, participate less but with fruitful results.
    Jason, I think Fu/Cai will participate in even less tourney leh.
    And also I would prefer to be seeing CPS/LKW or Mak/TWK in SS instead of every time KKK/TBH, Fuzzy's face only. Fuzzy pair this yr danger, they must fight for place with the back-up MD.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-05-2010 at 04:07 AM.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post


    Jason, I think Fu/Cai will participate in even less tourney leh.
    And also I would prefer to be seeing CPS/LKW or Mak/TWK in SS instead of every time KKK/TBH, Fuzzy's face only. Fuzzy pair this yr danger, they must fight for place with the back-up MD.
    Do u think fuzzy is really in danger,....i think they will still be there as long as they wanted to.........I think Mak/TWK is in danger, if they dont show improvement, after so long in back up,....their play in Copenhagen was a disaster in their career........theyshd be worry...not fuzzy

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Do u think fuzzy is really in danger,....i think they will still be there as long as they wanted to.........I think Mak/TWK is in danger, if they dont show improvement, after so long in back up,....their play in Copenhagen was a disaster in their career........theyshd be worry...not fuzzy
    You trying to use bahasa terbalik is it? Fuzzy is oldest in the squad lah. Quite soon will be semi uncle.
    How Mak HC supposed to 'so long in back up' when he only join 1 yr, now only 19? TWK some more win 'small' XD title with WKW.
    Hoon & Ong SH more senior, they also still there, they & Lufti/Vountus Indra more danger.

    back to KKK/TBH - the equation on 'trend' will change once TKH is added as coach, even if he doesnt coach them personally

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    You trying to use bahasa terbalik is it? Fuzzy is oldest in the squad lah. Quite soon will be semi uncle.
    How Mak HC supposed to 'so long in back up' when he only join 1 yr, now only 19? TWK some more win 'small' XD title with WKW.
    Hoon & Ong SH more senior, they also still there, they & Lufti/Vountus Indra more danger.

    back to KKK/TBH - the equation on 'trend' will change once TKH is added as coach, even if he doesnt coach them personally
    erm,why their play in copenhagen is a disaster for their career?

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    You trying to use bahasa terbalik is it? Fuzzy is oldest in the squad lah. Quite soon will be semi uncle.
    How Mak HC supposed to 'so long in back up' when he only join 1 yr, now only 19? TWK some more win 'small' XD title with WKW.
    Hoon & Ong SH more senior, they also still there, they & Lufti/Vountus Indra more danger.

    back to KKK/TBH - the equation on 'trend' will change once TKH is added as coach, even if he doesnt coach them personally
    Helang, dont need say too cleary lah...........fuzzy even playing at semi uncle age also can continue one lah,....not nice to see the whole squad are non-malays..........semangat satu malaysia mah....!

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    So, this 14% budget cut has affected many MAS players, including LCW's tournament participation program. Perhaps, this could be a good thing for MAS players.

    IMHO, it's always better to go for quality, than for quantity.

    Why participate in so many tournament and get so exhausted tournaments after tournaments? Why not play less and do better at grander tournaments, like the Thomas Cup, World Championships, All-England, etc?
    .
    erkhem
    u know
    the football squad get rm 30k for each player that get the gold medal in SEA games after 20 years
    8 ppl included staff and coach get rm 21k
    it was almost rm 800k
    then,the budjet ratio is changed
    u can see they start to fly to here and there for match

    oh,nsc,how much did u pay for ours squad that win the women team event gold after 34 years?
    i dont even read a sentence of it in any news paper

    chris
    play less in others tournament doesnt mean u 100% will perform well in bigger stage
    if u are not good enough,u wont win even u are 3x fresher than others in the tournament

  9. #26
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow It's not only their physical condition, but mental as well

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

    chris
    play less in others tournament doesnt mean u 100% will perform well in bigger stage
    if u are not good enough,u wont win even u are 3x fresher than others in the tournament

    .
    Agree.

    But surely fresher players (even though they are not good enough) should perform better than if they are tired and exhausted.

    It's not only their physical condition, but mental as well. We know that harder intensive training can also cause tiredness and exhaustion, but mentally they are fresher to face challenges at tournaments.

    This is just my opinion. BTW, CHN has adopted this approach.
    .

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Agree.

    But surely fresher players (even though they are not good enough) should perform better than if they are tired and exhausted.

    It's not only their physical condition, but mental as well. We know that harder intensive training can also cause tiredness and exhaustion, but mentally they are fresher to face challenges at tournaments.

    This is just my opinion. BTW, CHN has adopted this approach.
    .
    but
    that is not the only reason for china adopt this approach
    they have learn that too dominant in the sport is harming

  11. #28
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Badminton in China is organised under the same umbrella with Table Tennis, I believe

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

    that is not the only reason for china adopt this approach
    they have learn that too dominant in the sport is harming

    .
    Surprised to hear that. Is it harming Badminton?

    Badminton in China is organised under the same umbrella with Table Tennis, I believe.

    China Table Tennis teams have always dominated the world at Table Tennis events. Surely, LYB would try to do the same for his Badminton team.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-05-2010 at 07:50 PM.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Surprised to hear that. Is it harming Badminton?

    Badminton in China is organised under the same umbrella with Table Tennis, I believe.

    China Table Tennis teams have always dominated the world at Table Tennis events. Surely, LYB would try to the same for his Badminton team.
    .
    sorry for off topic
    maybe u didnt follow table tennis closely enough i think?
    they do purposely let go some event to other country to win some title
    get what i mean?
    table tennis is at the border of say bye bye to olympic
    Last edited by limsy; 01-05-2010 at 07:59 PM.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Its good to hear this, 'to monitor their performances....from now onwards', at least this is more positive way in doing things....!

    How to monitor ? We knew we are not allowed to.....

    1. compare KKK to LYD........because only has 1 LYD in this world.
    2. expect them to win in tournaments...over those top 3 pairs
    3. dream them to win big....
    4. critic them when they keep losing to lower rank pairs and pair having
    health problems...
    5. reject their excuses when they lost.....
    6. critic them without comparing their achievements with the fuzzy pair.....

    I am looking forwards to see how they perform from now onwards.....
    well
    to me
    koo/tan is the weakest pair in the top four md pair
    regardless their head to head or titles/achievement
    i believe only those who been blinded by the malaysia boleh spirit think they is not the weakest in the top four
    please provide evident to proof they is not the weakest in top 4 if u disagree with me

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    well
    to me
    koo/tan is the weakest pair in the top four md pair
    regardless their head to head or titles/achievement
    i believe only those who been blinded by the malaysia boleh spirit think they is not the weakest in the top four
    please provide evident to proof they is not the weakest in top 4 if u disagree with me
    Not blinded lah,...as i always said...others top 3 that's mean they are just rank close to top 4 because they still very vulnerable to those lower rank pairs, so i dont rank them higher then 4th.......dont worry..!

    I think my previous posts already provided lots of eveidents concerning they are just top 4 but not top 3........go check those....! ...cant remember or still find it hard to understand...??

    I think narnia's statistic also said the same..........they are the weakest among top 4......

    So far, I never said they are top 3 even they rank WR 1 now...... as unreliable as usual...

    But, being the weakest pair in top 4 doesnt means that they cant make a break thru.........as i always said they have the potential, only they need to be more focus, more demanding on themelves, more positive attitude in their game, less play-play in their games, more determine and more matured and no more excuses for their losts........then they will make it to the top 3........
    Last edited by jasonmarc; 01-05-2010 at 08:58 PM.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Agree.

    But surely fresher players (even though they are not good enough) should perform better than if they are tired and exhausted.

    It's not only their physical condition, but mental as well. We know that harder intensive training can also cause tiredness and exhaustion, but mentally they are fresher to face challenges at tournaments.

    This is just my opinion. BTW, CHN has adopted this approach.
    .
    Yes, Chris........

    Good to go for quality than quantity.......so next time there will be no more
    excuses for their lost............like u listed out above.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Not blinded lah,...as i always said...others top 3 that's mean they are just rank close to top 4 because they still very vulnerable to those lower rank pairs, so i dont rank them higher then 4th.......dont worry..!

    I think my previous posts already provided lots of eveidents concerning they are just top 4 but not top 3........go check those....! ...cant remember or still find it hard to understand...??

    I think narnia's statistic also said the same..........they are the weakest among top 4......

    So far, I never said they are top 3 even they rank WR 1 now...... as unreliable as usual...
    let see
    if u dont think they are in top 3
    1)why u want to compare kkk with lyd who won 14 ss titles,olympic gold medal at age of 21?
    2)expect them to win major when there is 2 times wc+olympic md silver medalist+few times ae winner fu/cai,wc and olympic gold medalist kido/hendra setaiwan and 2 time wc silver medalist+9 md ss titles+1 ae winner lee yong dae/jung jae sung is participate in thos major?
    3)yes,u can dream,because u no need to dream if u know they good enough to win
    4)when u urself also think they are vulnerable to those lover rank pair and unreliable,u expact them to win against those lower rank pair at the same time and critic them when they not winning?
    5)as u acknowledge they are only the 4th in md,u cannot accept thats the fact their lost here and there because of many reason?if they are good enough,they wont face problem such as stamina problem,mentality problem,inconsistence problem and many more
    6)as u said,fuzzy reach the same stage with koo/tan in ae and wc 2009
    and they are the 5th in md ss titles rank
    why cant compare the 4th and the 5th in ss titles winner rank?

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Its good to hear this, 'to monitor their performances....from now onwards', at least this is more positive way in doing things....!

    How to monitor ? We knew we are not allowed to.....

    1. compare KKK to LYD........because only has 1 LYD in this world.
    2. expect them to win in tournaments...over those top 3 pairs
    3. dream them to win big....
    4. critic them when they keep losing to lower rank pairs and pair having
    health problems...
    5. reject their excuses when they lost.....
    6. critic them without comparing their achievements with the fuzzy pair.....

    I am looking forwards to see how they perform from now onwards.....

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Helang, dont need say too cleary lah...........fuzzy even playing at semi uncle age also can continue one lah,....not nice to see the whole squad are non-malays..........semangat satu malaysia mah....!
    Hiyaa, Fuzzy won 2 SS titles in 2008 mah. After 2012, it will be TBH(KKK also semi uncle by then) & youngsters turn.
    Who say it's all non malays, got Razif, Mohd Lufti, WD got Nairul. Got Indian/others like Vountus. Singles MS squad got many malays, can balance the racial mix.
    They want move up, must show results lor
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-05-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. To All Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong's fan..Let's Chat!
    By Bundoksaint in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 42
    : 02-16-2013, 07:27 PM
  2. [Sharing] MD Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong (2006-2010 Collection)
    By mEsoL in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 4
    : 04-18-2011, 09:44 AM
  3. can koo kien keat n tan boon heong win again
    By kkkfans in forum Hong Kong Open 2007
    Replies: 27
    : 11-27-2007, 05:43 AM
  4. what happened to kien keat n boon heong
    By kkkfans in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007
    Replies: 58
    : 11-04-2007, 09:02 AM
  5. Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong is on the blog!
    By little_bird in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007
    Replies: 0
    : 03-17-2007, 12:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •