User Tag List

Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Yes. They rained hard, with tonnes of sweat. But at the end, results speak.
    That's so true. What matters is the end is what colour the medal is. As usual, there's a but.

Maybe what does really matter is to not lose hope. That's optimistic, they'd say. The pessimistic one, of course is that might is right, but that's the end of it. This is not a poetic sentiment, this is a fact. While we are indeed struggling to produce more and more LCW (s) and we couldn't, there must be something wrong, either with the input or the process. But before criticize, wait. Before you write, think. Will the real objective of criticizing be fulfilled? And there you go, discussions.
    And not having agreement is not a passport to say your counterpart is wrong. Lydia Cheah is a state level player. A mere opinion and of course debatable. I am sure the person who said it would love to be proven wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Ahh ... I like this.

Ok, 2 things ....

First, in our current elite back up or back up or juniors or whatever, who do you think have what it takes to make the breakthrough?? Be specific. And lets set a benchmark when we say 'make the breakthrough', shall we set the benchmark as winning one SS title outside Malaysia?

Secondly, l am not running you down but when you want to develop or build something, you got to do it from bottom up.
    I would like to point out that in the first place you hardly know any of the current junior player to gauge them. Why write them off.

If you knew you would able to tell who are the potential one and some of those who take the trouble are able to tell u.

I am not saying that Lydia Cheah is exceptionally good but boy... give her a break and dont put her down like she is trash. She happened to be a reasonable good player who need a good coach who understand what sort of training she needs.

Every "state players" can be developed to world class beater eg Tan Boon Heong is one of those. It just need the right approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In another 3 to 4 years time frame, if anyone cares to follows there will be some juniors who will surprise the world.

In the junior scene now, it is the girls that is going to dominate soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gemini12 View Post
    In another 3 to 4 years time frame, if anyone cares to follows there will be some juniors who will surprise the world.

yes, i buy that!

in the old chinese saying, even if a drop of waters keeps falling on the same rock it will change its shape (something like that..).

latest news having roslin helping hendrawan is good and those players can learn some tournament experience from him...

our juniors are still young and lcw has been motivating them as well...this can tell you the atmosphere during training.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post

latest news having roslin helping hendrawan is good and those players can learn some tournament experience from him...

our juniors are still young and lcw has been motivating them as well...this can tell you the atmosphere during training.....
    Today only I have time to look thru my files, this is the article :-
    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...icle/art_print

Roslin to assist Hendrawan

By K.M. Boopathy

2010/02/27
    THE burden on national singles back-up coach Hendrawan will be reduced with Roslin Hashim appointed by the BA of Malaysia (BAM) to help him.
    Hendrawan has been in charge of Hafiz Hashim, Kuan Beng Hong, Chong Wei Feng, Liew Daren, Tan Chun Seang, Arif Latif and Goh Soon Huat over the last eight months.

Singles head coach Rashid Sidek feels that the Indonesian needs an assistant and has requested BAM to look into it.

Veteran national player Roslin will begin his duties once his salary is finalised. The national grand prix finals in Johor Baru this month will be his final tournament,

"We have been looking for an assistant for Hendrawan as he has been handling seven players and it is tough to give more individual attention with so many players around. That's why I have suggested Roslin," said Rashid.

"Roslin has had some coaching experience (with Nusa Mahsuri) and he is still fit and can be useful as a sparring partner for the back-up players.

"Since Hendrawan is quite meticulous in his methods, it is good to attach a local coach with him as he can learn from the Indonesian. Roslin was very disciplined as a player and he will be able to help the back-up players.

"The faster BAM confirms his appointment, the better for Hendrawan as his players will enter the final phase of training for the Thomas Cup Finals once they return from the European tournaments."

Hendrawan was initially tasked with training only four back-up shuttlers but BAM has put elite players Hafiz and Beng Hong under his guidance last June.

Hendrawan had to give priority to Hafiz and Beng Hong as they were part of the Laos Sea Games squad and this, to an extent, hampered the progress of the back-up players.

However, Roslin's presence means that Wei Feng, Daren and Arif would receive more attention in training.

In 2007 Roslin threatened to take BAM to court for omitting his name from the Singapore and Indonesia Opens but this time, he will be seeing the national body for a good reason.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Ong Soon Hock, whom I call the 'yapping one'.

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday March 1, 2010
    Ong on verge of making his biggest breakthrough

By RAJES PAUL
    PETALING JAYA: Ong Soon Hock’s last name has the intonations of good fortune in Chinese but it has not been smiling on him in his badminton career for the past four years.

He almost quit the game after coming down with a rare disease in 2006-2007. And then in December last year he wanted to leave the national team like team-mates Lin Woon Fui and Khoo Chung Chiat due to a lack of outstanding achievements.

But the love for the game had always brought him back.
    And thanks to his perseverance, he is now on the brink of making his biggest breakthrough in his career – earning a place in the squad to the Thomas Cup Finals.

All he has to do is to impress the selectors with his partner Hoon Thien How at the German Open, which will begin on Wednesday to book a place.

In January, Soon Hock-Thien How strengthened their bid for a place in the squad after a sensational win over defending champions Lee Yong-dae-Jung Jae-sung of South Korea in the first round of the Malaysian Open. And Soon Hock feels that this could be his year after so many ups and downs since joining the national team as a junior 10 years ago.

“For the first time, I feel that I have a shot at achieving something special in my career.

The win against the Koreans brought back self-confidence,” said the 25-year-old Soon Hock.

“In 2006, due to a virus infection of my nerve (shoulder), my progress in badminton was hampered. I went for seven MRIs (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) before I was finally diagnosed with the rare disease.

“I wasted one and half years of my career but I did not give up. I was not ready to throw in the towel – not until I get to at least feature in the Thomas Cup and Olympic Games.”

He came back strongly after that with Tan Bin Shen in 2008. Their highlight was breaking into the top-16 bracket in the world just within a year.

His game was topsy turvy following several changes in partners last year but this year, he is determined to get it right with Thien How.

“I almost gave up the sport in December because I was heading no where in my game.

“But the coaches decided to team me up with Thien How and we are looking at a chance to make it big this year,” he said.

In the German Open, Soon Hock-Thien How will face England’s Chris Langridge-Robin Middleton in the opening round.

In the same half are Singaporeans Hendri Saputra-Hendra Wijaya, second seeds Chen Hung-lin-Lin Yu-lang of Taiwan and Malaysians Gan Teik Chai-Bin Shen, Chan Peng Soon-Lim Khim Wah and Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong.

“This tournament is so important to all the Malaysian back-up players. Thien How and I will go all out to do well.”

The top seeds are Chong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah and their main challengers in the top half of the draw will be Chai Biao-Zhang Nan of China.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Lee Chong Wei have been a good leader trying to encourage the rest to catch upwith him.

He not only encourage the boys but the girls as well. Mew Choo too do spend time to spar with the back up girls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, forgot about mc, she too spar with them so we have a great team.

when there is a great team, there is hope, hope of winning..

thanks to the coaches & trainers...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no worry uncle
    both u and me saw the hope for future

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, after 2012 is their time.

Your list of girls include the 13 y.o. Indian gals from Selangor & Ng Sembilan who won U12?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G'day, m' Malaysian frens.
    Seems cool already here, eh?

Good luck for MAS juniors. Really need 'em to resist those CHN young dragons in the future.
    Can't let badminton become the 2nd table tennis in OG, ya know.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    G'day, m' Malaysian frens.
    Seems cool already here, eh?

Good luck for MAS juniors. Really need 'em to resist those CHN young dragons in the future.
    Can't let badminton become the 2nd table tennis in OG, ya know.
    hehe
    see u in german open thread ya^^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Maybe BC should charge him advertising fees for that badminton academy that he tried to promote.

But personally, i dont think that he can break Georgeboys' record.

Arr, no way...I bet my ringgit on Limsy...I have faith in Limsy closing in to Georgie Boy...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    thats great news! roslin has fresh experience being a player turned coach so soon! and it will ease hendrawan's job and taking care of the back-up players..
    How is BAM gonna finance so many coaches pay check

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    On Ong Soon Hock, whom I call the 'yapping one'.

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday March 1, 2010
    Ong on verge of making his biggest breakthrough
    I don't think so, I think that JJS/LYD was just in poor form that day, as this pair went down to Kenichi/Kazuno later, although it was in rubber sets. Hopefully he can prove me wrong...
    As for Thomas Cup Slot, I was hoping that they will not give it to CTF/LWW or Fuzzy, but give it to the other youngsters. (I would not mind if Fuzzy can actually show a good result in the Super Series later this month though, but the yoyos...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    As for Thomas Cup Slot, I was hoping that they will not give it to CTF/LWW or Fuzzy, but give it to the other youngsters. (I would not mind if Fuzzy can actually show a good result in the Super Series later this month though, but the yoyos...)
    how bout Chan Peng Song/Lim Kwim Wah? I do believe they have prospect to be a world class pair, well at least not too far from Koo/Tan's standard

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    I don't think so, I think that JJS/LYD was just in poor form that day, as this pair went down to Kenichi/Kazuno later, although it was in rubber sets. Hopefully he can prove me wrong...
    not
    not the problem of jjs/lyd
    just that pjb is very clever to break hth/osh defence
    haha
    anyway,hth hold a 2-1 record to lyd(md+xd)
    osh/hth is not youngster at all

Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast