User Tag List

Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

roslin should be, he was trained in the old 15 points and new 21 point scoring system so can be consider a fresh 'graduate'!

or we can say, better than hendrawan with 2 hands!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chance for Wei Shem to prove he deserves Thomas Cup spot

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...566&sec=sports

For now, we have an idea on who to be named in the team. But we want to use the ABC as a final stage to assess the players,” he said.

“I want the coaches to have another look at the players’ performances in the ABC before we make the final pick. I have included Wei Shem-Kok Siang at the last minute and hopefully they will take their chances well,” said Rexy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kwong Beng hopes to give Chinese players a run for their money

KUALA LUMPUR: Back-up shuttler Chan Kwong Beng has not played against a player from China over the last three years.
    And he is excited over the prospect of meeting more than one of them at the Asian championships (ABC), which will be held in New Delhi from April 12-18.
    The world number 52 has been drawn to play against Wang Zhengming in the opening round. And if he gets past the Chinese junior, he should be up against former world junior champion Chen Long in the second round.
    With steadier performances over the last one year, Kwong Beng hopes to give the Chinese players a run for their money.
    “I have not played against a Chinese player after many years. I played against Chen Hong once before three years ago and was beaten in straight games,” he said.
    “Zhengming is two years my junior and he is a skilful player. This time, I am more confident with my preparation and I will be out to give good fights.
    “Playing against Chinese players will also give me the opportunity to find out where I stand on current form.”
    Although Kwong Beng is on a losing battle as far as his selection for the Thomas Cup Finals squad is concerned, the 22-year-old has not given up hope.
    “I know my chances of making the squad are not as bright as several other back-up players. But good performances in the ABC may sway the coaches’ decision,” said Kwong Beng, whose best result was a runner-up finish in the Malaysian International Challenge last year.
    “Thanks to regular sparring with (Lee) Chong Wei, I play a faster game than I used to do and I hope to be able to maintain my speed in a bid to achieve a breakthrough there (in New Delhi).”
    National coach Misbun Sidek said that Kwong Beng had improved and hoped that the latter would be able to rise to the challenge.
    “I want him to chalk up his best results in India. Good results will certainly give me better grounds to recommend him for major tournaments,” he said.
    Besides Kwong Beng, Malaysia’s other representatives in the men’s singles at the ABC are Tan Chun Seang, Chong Wei Feng, Kuan Beng Hong, Lok Chong Chieh and Mohd Hafiz Hashim.
    The top two seeds are Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia and China’s three-time world champion Lin Dan.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...314&sec=sports

let's see whether he can beat wang zheng ming of china or not

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Changes in duties for the national doubles coaches

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Coach Tan Kim Her has now been entrusted with the job to groom the country’s top back-up pair of Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong after another round of changes in the national men’s doubles department.
    In fact, all the coaches will have equally important roles to play in strengthening the men’s, women’s and mixed doubles players.
    Chief coach Rexy Mainaky will resume training the elite men’s players after playing the overseer role for some time and he will be assisted by Jeremy Gan.
    Three others coaches – Rosman Razak, Pang Cheh Chang and Chang Kim Wai – have been given a minimum of two pairs to work with.
    Kim Her, who is back in the national set-up after stints in South Korea and England, is happy with the current arrangement.

The changes were decided in a meeting among the coaches last week and the new arrangements will be in place until the Thomas-Uber Cup Finals, which will be held at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil from May 9-16.
    “I had a discussion with Rexy and Rosman. I felt that there was a need to change and I’m happy with the changes,” said Kim Her.
    “It is important for the coaches to work together. All the coaches have prominent roles to play in grooming the best players for the country.”
    The other pairs under the charge of Kim Her are Mohd Lutfi Zaim Abdul Khalid-Goh Jian Hao, Vountus Indra Mawan-Mohd Razif Abdul Latif and Chooi Kah Ming- Ow Yao Han.
    Kah Ming is a world junior champion with Yao Han last year. Yao Han will join Kim Her after the World Juniors in Mexico from April 16-25.
    Kim Her’s immediate task is to get Hee Chun-Wee Kiong ready for the Asian Badminton Championships (ABC), which will be held in New Delhi from April 12-18.
    “This pair is in the running to get into the Thomas Cup squad. They will get the chance to prove their worth in the ABC. Hopefully, they will give a strong showing,” said Kim Her.
    Hee Chun-Wee Kiong will take on Indonesians Bona Septano-Rian Sukmawan in the opening round.
    The other Malaysian pairs for the ABC are Soon Hock-Thien How and Wei Shem-Kok Siang.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...582&sec=sports
    its funny to saw ow yao han name in the squad provided he is now preparing the wjc
    the writer is as pro as always
    anyhow
    let see the outcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    its funny to saw ow yao han name in the squad provided he is now preparing the wjc
    anyhow
    let see the outcome
    I think Ow Yao Han will train with Chooi Kah Ming after the World Junior Championships with Yew Hong Kheng......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyhow
    let see the outcome
    The writer explain already, after WJC only Ow join. TKH so kan cheong mah, lol.
    But they forgot abt WKW in XD. She should be listed together with TWK but looks like TKH only train MD, no XD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's so good to see 4 of these coaches together - rm, tkh, rr & pcc. all these doubles players, elites and back-up, wonder right now if they know they are the luckiest people in doubles badminton world! let's shake the world!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    The writer explain already, after WJC only Ow join. TKH so kan cheong mah, lol.
    But they forgot abt WKW in XD. She should be listed together with TWK but looks like TKH only train MD, no XD.
    well
    hopefully the change of md partner will go acording to what we speculate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Star View Post
    Friday April 9, 2010

Hee Chun-Wee Kiong to face scratch Indonesian pair

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Indonesia are testing out new scratch combinations in the Asian Badminton Championships (ABC) in a bid to form solid doubles pairings at the Thomas Cup Finals.
    And Malaysia’s back-up doubles shuttler Mak Hee Chun does not want to be the first victim of their experiment.
    Hee Chun and his partner, Tan Wee Kiong, are drawn to play Bona Septano-Rian Sukmawan in the opening round of the ABC meet, which will be held in New Delhi from April 12-18.
    Hee Chun said this year’s ABC would be very competitive as many players wanted to impress their coaches and win places for the Thomas Cup Finals, which will be held at Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil from May 9-16.
    “Bona’s regular partner is Mohd Ahsan while Rian Sukmawan usually plays with Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki. This time, they have swapped partners,” said Hee Chun.
    “Indonesia are certainly not leaving any stones unturned in their preparation for the Finals.
    “This experiment will be invaluable to them. The outing in New Delhi will give them a good idea on who they want to gamble on at the Finals.
    “But the ABC meet is also important for us (Hee Chun-Wee Kiong). We also want to impress our coaches to win tickets for the Finals. We will give our best to get the better of the Indonesian scratch pairs.”
    If Hee Chun-Wee Kiong clear the opening round hurdle, they are likely to take on the winners of the match between Indonesia’s second ranked pair Luluk Hadiyanto-Joko Riyadi and eighth seeds Kenichi Hayakawa-Kenta Kazuno of Japan next.
    “The draw is certainly not too favourable for us. It just gets tougher at every round. I lost in the first round at the last ABC meet and I do not want a repeat.”
    Hee Chun-Wee Kiong are one the three Malaysian pairs at the ABC meet who are in the running for the Finals spot. The others are Ong Soon Hock-Hoon Thien How and Lim Khim Wah-Chan Peng Soon.
    Currently, only seniors Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong are assured of their places while Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif are still under consideration.
    Hee Chun said the training regime under coach Tan Kim Her over the last one week had been good.
    “It is quite systematic and he demands a lot from us. Wee Kiong and I are motivated to do well,” he said.
    “Currently, Soon Hock-Thien How have a better chance to be selected for the Finals but we are not throwing in the towel yet. This is our last chance to be considered for the team event and we will give our best.”
    The other prominent pairs in the same top half with Hee Chun-Wee Kiong are top seeds Chen Hung-ling-Yu Lang-lin of Taiwan and South Koreans Sang Hoon-han-Hwang Ji-man.
    Indonesia’s second scratch combination of Ahsan-Yonathan are in the lower half of the draw with two other Malaysians – Soon Hock-Thien How and Goh Wei Shem-Teo Kok Siang – South Koreans Cho Gun-woo-Yoo Yeon-seong and second seeds Hirokatsu Hashimoto-Noriyasu Hirata of Japan.
    I certainly hope that this pair can do well, they are still young, may they emulate Chai Biao/Zhang Nan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well
    hopefully the change of md partner will go acording to what we speculate
    Now that Mak/TWK training under TKH, then possible Mak will change MD partner also

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that Mak/TWK training under TKH, then possible Mak will change MD partner also
    well
    tkh mention that he hope there will be no more reshuffle after this
    a bad news to me and u

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tkh should be right no more reshuffle otherwise he would have a hard time himself...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well
    tkh mention that he hope there will be no more reshuffle after this
    a bad news to me and u
    Ya kah? Which article? The Star put it as in place until TC, that's why I think there will be more changes. You know lah, if top guns in BAM change coaching positions after May....

Anyway, Yew Hong Kheng, Tan Wee Tat, Goh Sze Onn are not in the back up list yet. Even if they dont win WJC this year, Yew is still 2X AJC runner up with Ow. If Ow partner Chooi, Yew need a partner also.

But yeah, I was hoping Mak will partner back Teo KS & they let TWK focus on XD.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 04-10-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya kah? Which article? The Star put it as in place until TC, that's why I think there will be more changes. You know lah, if top guns in BAM change coaching positions after May....

Anyway, Yew Hong Kheng, Tan Wee Tat, Goh Sze Onn are not in the back up list yet. Even if they dont win WJC this year, Yew is still 2X AJC runner up with Ow. If Ow partner Chooi, Yew need a partner also.

But yeah, I was hoping Mak will partner back Teo KS & they let TWK focus on XD.
    forget which news article liao
    relax
    usually the procedure is done at december for those bjss to back up
    but tkh act really fast to prevent oyh to quit
    let ojg,cps,lkw and twk concentrate in xd
    we have enough md player

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teo Kok Siang + Goh Wei Shem, they managed to pass the qualifying rounds of MO but lost to Koreans Shin/Kim in 3 games early this year. Mak/Teo were world junior champions but they have never paired up for quite long, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mak/Tan and Hoon/Ong in quarters.

Teo/Goh lose easily to Koreans.

Hope Mak/Tan can go all the way, now that they are training with Tan Kim Her.

Hope Hoon/Ong do well too, they're training with Rexy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While you all talking abt TC team, I'm curious what has happened to Pang Zheng Lin, Chooi's MD partner. He & Chooi not listed for Vietnam IC, and Chooi will be partnering Ow YH in future. Has Pang ZL quit for further studies??

Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast