User Tag List

Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon me for saying this, I think BAM should forget about the current batch of single players and immediately groom and expose Zulfadli, Loh WS, Iskandar and Syawal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Pardon me for saying this, I think BAM should forget about the current batch of single players and immediately groom and expose Zulfadli, Loh WS, Iskandar and Syawal.
    Yes, but Zulfadli, LWS , Iskandar and Syawal........also just an ordinary batch of players, not brilliant type....they need to work very hard with good attitude like LCW to get to the top.....if not they will go down to bottom...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Yes, but Zulfadli, LWS , Iskandar and Syawal........also just an ordinary batch of players, not brilliant type....they need to work very hard with good attitude like LCW to get to the top.....if not they will go down to bottom...........
    I mean any other players other the four mentioned for that matter. The current players are not up to world class level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    What he means is to forget TCS, CKB etc. and start grooming LWS, Zul, Syawal and Iskandar instead

And yes, although they are not brilliant, if they work as hard as LCW, they will be at the top ten in several years' time. Attitude is the most important in growth of a player.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Hoon Thien How/Ong Soon Hock still considered under elite back up for MD or already in the main team?
    If they are moved, Mak/Tan should top the backups.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Is Hoon Thien How/Ong Soon Hock still considered under elite back up for MD or already in the main team?
    If they are moved, Mak/Tan should top the backups.
    the elite now consist of
    koo/tan
    fuzzy
    chan/lim
    mak/tan
    hoon/ong

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    the elite now consist of
    koo/tan
    fuzzy
    chan/lim
    mak/tan
    hoon/ong
    If they send 2 for SS, I would alternate between Chan/Lim, Mak/Tan and Hoon/Ong

Fuzzy's chance is over!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Zakry will be paired with Hoon Thien How.
    According to Rexy, the backups will get more chance now...lets see.

Looking forward to some good performance in the Indian Open. Please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a rare thing that a player starts out brilliant... most players starts out slightly better than average and then worked really hard to get to the top..with the help of coaches of course

someone like taufik who can start out brilliant is just a rare gem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    I don't think Zakry will be paired with Hoon Thien How.
    According to Rexy, the backups will get more chance now...lets see.

Looking forward to some good performance in the Indian Open. Please.
    we have won vietnam ic and thailand ic md

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    its a rare thing that a player starts out brilliant... most players starts out slightly better than average and then worked really hard to get to the top..with the help of coaches of course

but brainless people in bam dont know
    or act like they dont know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton: Back-up players to get push

"We simply don't have quality resources and that is the reason why we had to include Choong Hann.

"Our back-up players are not beating Hafiz although his level has dropped," said Rashid.

"We will be giving back-up players like Iskandar, Syawal (Ismail), (Tan) Chun Seang and several others a chance to play regularly on the international scene and earn their stripes.

"Iskandar is progressing well and if he continues to work hard, he could get an opportunity to play in the Asian Games.

"Although he may not be ready, it will be an experience being part of the Games and it will give him exposure for future tournaments.

He should be playing in the 2012 Thomas Cup and we need to give him and other deserving players exposure.

"I hope that the BA of Malaysia (BAM) will not reject the recommendation to send the back-up players for more tournaments." Denmark have already started blooding their future potentials where world junior champion Viktor Axelsen was included in the Thomas Cup squad while Kim Bruun was also part of the team.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/B...etpush/Article

lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

misbun was in an interview the other day.. on Kafe Sukan .. channel 801
    he talks about the gap between the seniors that are regularly plying the tournaments out there...

the big chasm between the up and coming juniors fresh out the world juniors championship and the big tournament players....

1 point of his was...

no matter what it is.... players coming out from our sports schools are just that.. students.. they have obligations towards getting good grades . .they are essentially part time players, at an age when they shd already be honing their skills for the world stage

another poinst was

the big tournaments dont care whether you are fresh faced newcomer and had just won the WJC .. you play in the big tournaments and you lose.. you wont be taken seriously until you start winning

this is where .... lots of juniors, if they dont have what it takes.. (like LCW) get waylaid along the way

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW also just like others as be4, not even a BJSS student too. He struggled during the early stage of international tourney of his early 20s too. But 1 should learn from him how he achieve his current status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    "We simply don't have quality resources and that is the reason why we had to include Choong Hann.

"Our back-up players are not beating Hafiz although his level has dropped," said Rashid.

"We will be giving back-up players like Iskandar, Syawal (Ismail), (Tan) Chun Seang and several others a chance to play regularly on the international scene and earn their stripes.

"Iskandar is progressing well and if he continues to work hard, he could get an opportunity to play in the Asian Games.

"Although he may not be ready, it will be an experience being part of the Games and it will give him exposure for future tournaments.

He should be playing in the 2012 Thomas Cup and we need to give him and other deserving players exposure.

"I hope that the BA of Malaysia (BAM) will not reject the recommendation to send the back-up players for more tournaments." Denmark have already started blooding their future potentials where world junior champion Viktor Axelsen was included in the Thomas Cup squad while Kim Bruun was also part of the team.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/B...etpush/Article

lol
    limsy, hope you are not lol on that (in bold)
    if rashid speaks to the press like that hoping bam don't reject i think it should be sunny

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post

When Lee Chong Wei appeared in 2003 everyone sat up to take notice and were saying he was a world beater.

When Peter Gade appeared in the WJC in 90s HanJian predicted he would be a future champion.

A lot of people said the same thing about LD in 2002.

Just ask any of our coaches here , have they actually seen any material similar to LCW,Ong Ewe Hock ,Wong Choon Han or even Hafiz in recent years?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    When Lee Chong Wei appeared in 2003 everyone sat up to take notice and were saying he was a world beater.

When Peter Gade appeared in the WJC in 90s HanJian predicted he would be a future champion.

A lot of people said the same thing about LD in 2002.

Just ask any of our coaches here , have they actually seen any material similar to LCW,Ong Ewe Hock ,Wong Choon Han or even Hafiz in recent years?
    not really,

but if i have to pick 1 that impress me (if it's compared among all backup), he would be... Syawal ba...

but what he actually lacks of are: stamina, fast movement, base line shuttle control management.... etc
    he got gd basic skills, but just... haih!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    limsy, hope you are not lol on that (in bold)
    if rashid speaks to the press like that hoping bam don't reject i think it should be sunny
    well
    when one of our bcer approach him and tell him our back up had not enough tournament
    rashid sidek himself say the player have enough tournament
    now
    he is slapping his own mouth

Quote Originally Posted by keigo911 View Post
    not really,

but if i have to pick 1 that impress me (if it's compared among all backup), he would be... Syawal ba...

but what he actually lacks of are: stamina, fast movement, base line shuttle control management.... etc
    he got gd basic skills, but just... haih!
    relax

Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast