User Tag List

Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    Taiping Open is Super Series or GP Gold?
    is Lin Dan or LCW or at least WCH playing???
    Yup, was wondering which of our elite/ back up player will play in that tournament?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Back-up doubles pair eyeing a big scalp in Macau

“I played against Markis-Hendra but with a different partner (Hoon Thien How) last year. Unfortunately, we lost.
    “Now, I have a second chance to det things right. I will face this formidable Indonesian pair with Peng Soon and, hopefully, we will give a good account of ourselves and maybe even create an upset,” he said.
    Khim Wah-Peng Soon will have to play exceptionally well if they hope to be considered for this year’s Asian Games in Guangzhou, China.
    They are in a keen tussle with Hee Chun-Wee Kiong to be considered for the Asiad. Only one pair will be selected.
    Since winning the Thailand Open last year, Khim Wah-Peng Soon have been on a roller-coaster ride.
    “We are struggling because our opponents have a better idea of our game.
    “We were still new when we won the Thailand Open.
    “To make it worse, Peng Soon and I are also not playing at our best yet,” said Khim Wah.
    “It is good that we have another back-up pair (Hee Chun-Wee Kiong) to keep us on our toes.
    “There is a healthy rivalry between us.
    “Peng Soon and I are not looking too far ahead.
    “Right now, it will be good for us if we can win our first Open title this year.
    “We hope to do well in the Macau and Taiwan Opens.
    “That is our goal.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...316&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not impossible for Chan/Lim to beat Kido/Setiawan. But it will require an uphill task and hope Kido makes many errors. They are quite an underrated pair. Actually, perhaps they deserve their own thread ahead of Mak/Tan, lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not impossible? It's possible..
    Even Koo/tan can lose to unknown japanese pair and Lin dan can lose to unknown korea Choi Ho Jin

Therefore, nothing is impossible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I think Chan/Lim has a 40-60 chance if they play exceptionally well, and Kido is off-form. If Kido/Setiawan is in excellent form, I would say they don't stand more than 20% chance. Mak/Tan has a 50% chance to enter QF, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Malaysia not sending women’s pairs to world meet

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia have declined an invitation for two of their women’s pairs to compete in the World Championships, which will be held in Paris from Aug 23-29.
    Woon Khe Wei
    Woon Khe Wei and Sabrina Chong and Marylen Ng Poau Leng-Lim Yin Loo had qualified on merit but the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) are not sending them because these pairs have been split up.
    Khe Wei has formed a partnership with Vivian Hoo while Marylen and Poau Leng have teamed up with Goh Liu Ying and Nairul Suhada Abdul Latif respectively.
    Malaysia will only be represented by Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui in the women’s doubles event although their participation is also in doubt due to Pei Tty’s knee injury.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...493&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Why not impossible? It's possible..
    Even Koo/tan can lose to unknown japanese pair and Lin dan can lose to unknown korea Choi Ho Jin

Therefore, nothing is impossible
    And impossible is nothing ! hehehehe

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Homing in on local title

“We have qualified for the world championships but ironically, Liu Ying and I have not won a local tournament. Hopefully, we will make it happen in the Kedah Open,” said Peng Soon.
    Gunning for glory: Chan Peng Soon (left) and Goh Liu Ying will be out to win the mixed doubles crown in this week’s Kedah Open.
    “If not for Koo Kien Keat-Wong Pei Tty, there were new winners in the mixed doubles but we were not one of them.”
    Liu Ying and I want to change the trend in the mixed doubles. A first title on the local circuit will certainly put us in a good stead going into our first world championships,” said Peng Soon. Peng Soon-Liu Ying will also be taking part in the Taiwan Open prior to the world championships.
    On his hope in the world championships, Peng Soon said: “It will be a wonderful experience for us. Our aim to make sure that we take down at least one big name in the game.
    “Liu Ying and I are getting better and we have moved up in the world rankings. But injuries are our fears. Liu Ying is taking great care not to suffer a recurrence of a knee injury (picked up in the Asian Championships in India in April).
    “I also felt some strain on my knee last week and had to go through light training for two days. We have to look into this.”
    Besides Peng Soon-Liu Ying, Malaysia will also be represented in the world championships by Kien Keat-Pei Tty. But their participation will depend on Pei Tty’s knee condition.
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...740&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chan/Goh will face resistance from Tan/Woon, CEH/TBH and Ong/Sabrina
    If any of them beat Chan/Goh, I say XD is not too bad for Malaysia too!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ceh/tbh will not be a force in kedah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    And impossible is nothing ! hehehehe

Follow Li Ning motto...Everything Is Possible....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    ceh/tbh will not be a force in kedah
    How you know?
    Both are good players in their respective categories, although both don't have real experience in XD.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u can get ur answer in next 2 days
    be patient

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, LKW injured. Hope he recover in time for Macau Open

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ready for the limelight

I have been training with Chong Wei for some time now. He always points out my weaknesses and helps me to work on them,” he said. “In his absence, I will try my best to win the title. I want to show that I have benefited from learning from the best.”
    Chun Seang is the third seed and he is in the same half of the draw as second seed and fellow back-up shuttler Chong Wei Feng, former international Kuan Beng Hong, Zulfadli Zulkifli and Misbun Ramdan Misbun.
    In the same half as Hafiz are three back-up shuttlers – Liew Daren, Chan Kwong Beng and Mohd Arif Abdul Latif – and former top juniors Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin and Mohd Syawal Ismail.
    Chun Seang hopes that he will be able to play well enough to win an Open title in his own backyard.
    “I am from Kedah and I can bank on the home crowd to give me morale support,” he said.
    “In fact, I best effort in a local tournament thus far was in Kedah two years ago. I lost to Chong Wei in the final of the Grand Prix Finals at the KBA Hall.
    “Hafiz is the favourite this time and it will not be smooth sailing for us (back-up shuttlers).
    “He has great experience and we have been finding it difficult to get the better of him. Hopefully, I can turn the tables on him.
    “I also cannot brush aside the challenge of the other back-up shuttlers. I have been in the back-up squad for the last five years and a win will certainly be a big turning point for me.’

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...985&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tan Chun Seang... I personally don't feel that he will be able to get past Chong Wei Feng. I'm going to give up all hope on him if he does not perform in the Macau Open. Same goes for Chong Wei Feng after one more year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Tan Chun Seang... I personally don't feel that he will be able to get past Chong Wei Feng. I'm going to give up all hope on him if he does not perform in the Macau Open. Same goes for Chong Wei Feng after one more year.

You are learning. Good...

Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast