User Tag List

Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 783 to 799 of 1073
  1. #783
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,082
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The answer is simple.

    Our world no. 1s are not the actual product of the establishment they represent.

    The system we have are mostly just churning out an inferior product.

    Quote Originally Posted by justinpops View Post
    Just dont understand what went wrong. Same thing happens in squash. We have the world no.1 in these sports and yet the rest who has easy access to spar and train together dont seem to be able to catch up.

  2. #784
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    KL Malaysia
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    The answer is simple.

    Our world no. 1s are not the actual product of the establishment they represent.


    The system we have are mostly just churning out an inferior product.
    So basically its just called individual talent/gift and hardwork?

  3. #785
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    The answer is simple.

    Our world no. 1s are not the actual product of the establishment they represent.

    The system we have are mostly just churning out an inferior product.
    But the establishment thinks it is their 'hardwork'..and continue to do what they are doing, hoping that another LCW and Nicol David comes along..that's the real problem

  4. #786
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,082
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They were given the role as stewards.... to assist and support the growth of the sport...

    But they became arrogant and claimed that the milk was not from the cow but of their own lyons....

    The truth will show them despair

  5. #787
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Though Chen Long was thrashed by LCW in the SF... and Tago was somehow outplayed by Taufik.... at least these two young players did very well to keep up with the seniors in the international scenes...

    Where are our young boys? still milking? boleh?

  6. #788
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    They were given the role as stewards.... to assist and support the growth of the sport...

    But they became arrogant and claimed that the milk was not from the cow but of their own lyons....

    The truth will show them despair
    Nicol David was the product of constant support and encouragement from parents.

  7. #789
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Nicol David was the product of constant support and encouragement from parents.
    Any successful similar cases in the history of MAS badminton?

  8. #790
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,893
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Professional Sports is a cruel world. Cant Perform = Sack...

    I believe for all china success, they must have sacked many under perform players.

  9. #791
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Professional Sports is a cruel world. Cant Perform = Sack...

    I believe for all china success, they must have sacked many under perform players.
    When CHN failed in Uber Cup 2010, WYH was dropped from the Asia Games 2010 team... of coz, CHN can afford to pick n choose their players with the vast pool of talents...

  10. #792
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Any successful similar cases in the history of MAS badminton?
    Yes the Sidek family!

  11. #793
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Years ago when I used to visit KLBA regularly I saw 1 or 2 elderly mothers everyday

    bringing lunch and drink for their daughters in the national team during training.

    it was quite impressive the parental support.I've heard that TBH's family also made a lot of sacrifices for their son.

  12. #794
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bro.. badminton history .. especially MAS.. is chockful of sacrifices and hardwork overcoming obstacles.... both by parents and player.. you just have to read up
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Any successful similar cases in the history of MAS badminton?

  13. #795
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    bro.. badminton history .. especially MAS.. is chockful of sacrifices and hardwork overcoming obstacles.... both by parents and player.. you just have to read up
    Noted with thanks... I guess I should blame my parent for NOT sacrifice enough coz I didn't make it to the national team... LOL

  14. #796
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,189
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Noted with thanks... I guess I should blame my parent for NOT sacrifice enough coz I didn't make it to the national team... LOL
    That would be up to you to decide upon.

    Success depends on many different factors.

  15. #797
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,189
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Liew Daren is injury-prone.

    Actually, I was quite surprised (and impressed) by his racquet skills. But maybe lack of hard work, commitment... because if he put in a lot of effort he will DEFINITELY, go far. He has very good shots and skills of his own but sometimes he just goes into 'error mode' and makes error after error after error. If he can start putting in effort now, it's still not too late for Liew Daren.
    I agree. I watched him in HK in his loss. I didn't analyse the match but he has very good racquet skills and movement. He definitely has the ability to do more. I don't know his full background, e.g. injuries and ability to train, but he can do more.

  16. #798
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I agree. I watched him in HK in his loss. I didn't analyse the match but he has very good racquet skills and movement. He definitely has the ability to do more. I don't know his full background, e.g. injuries and ability to train, but he can do more.
    as Datuk Lee pointed before, they are not pushing themselves lar....
    the extra factors lacking

  17. #799
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,443
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Noted with thanks... I guess I should blame my parent for NOT sacrifice enough coz I didn't make it to the national team... LOL
    LOL, You blame your parents for not sacrificing enough!!! Do you have what it takes to make it? Other than talent and hardwork? I think your parents knew it and it decided it wasn't worth the sacrifices. ROFL.

Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Men Doubles Players (Elite and Back-up)
    By undeadshot in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 297
    : 06-20-2014, 10:35 PM
  2. Malaysia elite back up / back up player 2009
    By limsy in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 546
    : 09-24-2011, 03:47 AM
  3. Defending Champion, Peter Gade, well rested, eyes back to back
    By ants in forum Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007
    Replies: 1
    : 04-30-2007, 10:57 AM
  4. injured back...shuld i get a back brace?
    By bertbrainz in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 12
    : 01-14-2007, 10:54 PM
  5. NEWS : China want back-to-back job
    By kwun in forum Thomas/Uber Cup 2002
    Replies: 5
    : 05-08-2002, 09:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •