User Tag List

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Every time there's a media report on these elite back-up players, almost every time also these players went out in the first-round.
    +1

I wonder why? everytime these bakup players get interviewed, they sure crashed out in 1st round...

Pressure from the media or too much Pleasure from being famos?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time there's a media report on these elite back-up players, almost every time also these players went out in the first-round.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    “Kok Siang, especially, has been suffering from knee pain. In fact, we have scheduled an appointment with the doctors on Feb 9. Despite the difficulties, he continued to be in high spirit in training.”
    What I wonder is how on Earth did they target to reach the QF when one player is suffering from knee pain? China youngsters so easy to beat until injured also can win?

Xiaolong Liu/Zihan Qiu (CHN) beat Wei Shem Goh/Kok Siang Teo (MAS): 21-13 21-18

LOL looking at the score... LOL BOLEH LOL BOLEH LOL
    Erm... did you read your own news article that you posted? I mean in full.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL injured? high spirit? hmm... may be weather is freezing up there... BAM should bring some heaters in the stadium... LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL injured? high spirit? hmm... may be weather is freezing up there... BAM should bring some heaters in the stadium... LOL
    So you think the injury is bull? They are not Lee Chong Wei or Lin Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last 16 = 8 pairs to share the US$36,000; meaning each pair will get US$4,500 which is a decent amount of money really!
    Even USD4,500 is a lot for playing 2 matches..USD36,000 is out of this world!!Hmm..still I am quite sceptical about the prize money..semifinalists get USD72,000?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Even USD4,500 is a lot for playing 2 matches..USD36,000 is out of this world!!Hmm..still I am quite sceptical about the prize money..semifinalists get USD72,000?
    Should be USD33,600 divide by 2 pairs. SIngles get USD33,400/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sad to see malaysian 2nd pair has now turned into dust... Non of the listed can take the responsibility for big games. Even beating the top 10 is tough. BAM have to mix the young and old up for experience sake. Then get the 2 young selected players to recombine again after 6 months exposure. A little sacrifice will help. But these 2 young dudes must have one good at the front and one good at walloping.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of the elite backup players reaches the 2nd round of KO... may be it's time sending them to GP or Satellites tourneys... boleh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the older players, I don't think they will bounce back if they go GP. They can only maintain at SS level. Once down, they will never come up. As for younger players, still a slight chance.

But it's all in the mind, they have to work hard. This is the fundamental. If they do, then the coaching side must have gone wrong. So it will be either side. If both side is wrong, then disaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a proactive measure, these guys should just stop playing tournament and see where the weaknesses are. Back to fundamentals.

Else, it is a wasting of time when there is no improvement or target to set. Playing blindly in tournament is not going to help. It is not that some of these guys are not experience enough.

Notes should be taken to prevent this from going thro a circle. I wonder if they have report cards? Its like gained strength on stamina and lack of speed. Then after 3 months, gained speed and lack of stamina. Sounds like yoyo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hate reading these news even though its true

How I wish there is an immediate remedy or something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of the elite backup players reaches the 2nd round of KO... may be it's time sending them to GP or Satellites tourneys... boleh?
    It could be that this pair can cope well with opponents they know well eg.the good results over time with Boe/Morg.,
    they may be surprised or stunned by new pairs they have never played before.

Could be strategy.
    Last edited by Bbn; 01-26-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goh/TKS seems to have a "favourite formation" like KKK/TBH, hard hitter at the back and setter in front.

When the roles are reversed they appear vulnerable. KKK/TBH seems to be more balanced now.

That was my observation as a spectator months ago, they may have worked on it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    As a proactive measure, these guys should just stop playing tournament and see where the weaknesses are. Back to fundamentals.

Else, it is a wasting of time when there is no improvement or target to set. Playing blindly in tournament is not going to help. It is not that some of these guys are not experience enough.
    OG qualifying is coming, they must move up the rankings cos they're new combo - Zakry/Hoon, Fairuz/OSH that is. To move up rankings must participate.
    By early 2012, still cannot, means bye2 to the 4 of them, as the 3 young pairs are ranked higher.
    The way I look at it, they have the know how/experience, they dont have the.. engine capacity to do it. I also see the youngsters as more talented overall
    SEA Games 2011 could be a platform for them as the most senior in MD dept if KKK/TBH are not participating like in 2009.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    OG qualifying is coming, they must move up the rankings cos they're new combo - Zakry/Hoon, Fairuz/OSH that is. To move up rankings must participate.
    By early 2012, still cannot, means bye2 to the 4 of them, as the 3 young pairs are ranked higher.
    The way I look at it, they have the know how/experience, they dont have the.. engine capacity to do it. I also see the youngsters as more talented overall
    SEA Games 2011 could be a platform for them as the most senior in MD dept if KKK/TBH are not participating like in 2009.
    KKK/TBN did participate in 2009... they gave MAS's only point against INA by beating MK/HS. It was LCW who was not there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of them have 1 month before AE starts. Hopefully they cover up all the holes and of course, less angpow food pls.. 1 month time should be sufficient.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/2/20/sports/8103278&sec=sports

A speedy Arif makes short work of Soon Huat to reach semis

KUALA TERENGGANU: A much improved back-up shuttler Mohd Arif Latif booked a spot in the semi-finals of the National Circuit Grand Prix Finals for the first time in his career and he is hoping to ride on his success to reach the final.

Yesterday, a faster Arif made short work of Goh Soon Huat to win 21-13, 21-14 to claim the top spot in Group D of the men’s singles event. He meets Tan Chun Seang in the semi-finals today.

“The slower Arif was a thing of the past and I’m hoping to continue my good form by reaching the final on Monday,” said the 22-year-old Arif.

Arif, who was the 2007 Asian junior runners-up, started showing signs of a comeback late last year after suffering a serious dip in form after the Asian junior meet.

“Coach Hendrawan sort of breathe a new life into me and I feel that I’m training with more purpose now. I used to skip training or took it lightly before, but I’m serious about badminton now,” said Arif.

On facing Chun Seang today, Arif said: “It will be a tough match against him. I’ve beaten him last year but at that time he was just coming back from an injury. Now that he is fully fit, I think he will give a good fight for the spot in the final.”

Meanwhile, favourite Lee Chong Wei, who is gunning his eighth title in the Finals, will be facing Chong Wei Feng in the semis today.

Chong Wei hardly broke sweat when he defeated youngster Mohd Syawal Ismail 21-8, 21-13. Wei Feng, meanwhile was given a good fight by Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin before prevailing 24-22, 21-19.

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast