User Tag List

Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,038 to 1,054 of 1074
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OYH/TWK did pretty well in their first international tournament as a pair, although they lost Reached the final of Indonesia IC.

Comment on some player I saw in Kedah Open through TV...

Goh Wei Shem - Has a lot of ideas and quite creative but so many errors! Definitely more exciting to watch than the usual but sometimes being the usual is better... has to cut down on fancy shots and errors.

Lim Khim Wah - Not too impressed with him, quite the hard worker around the court though. Quite sad sometimes to see him running and smashing everywhere only to see GWS commit an error.

Hoon Thien How - Nothing fancy from him and quite steady in his play. Sadly, he pales in comparison to his partner in the Kedah Open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully they also do their homework to check on the next opponent and get their strategy right.

If each and one of them can do this, their future would be bright. Hopefully they don't just wait for the next opponent and say 'good luck' without preparation or see their opponents video.

Technology is already available now days with massive storage. They should collect those videos based on their draws and analyze their potential rivals. BAM should hire me for this. lol.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..and "kena" fire left, right and centre from Bcers if none can perform. You better not play play...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see hope in Goh Wei Shem. A little deceptive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Wednesday August 3, 2011
    Ong refuses to use his medical condition as an excuse
    BATH: Mixed doubles shuttler Ong Jian Guo (pic) has a medical condition that causes him to tire easily. But that has not dampened his spirits ahead of the World Championships.

In fact, the 180cm-tall Jian Guo intends to take his partnership with Sabrina Chong to greater heights.
    Jian Guo, who has been diagnosed with leukopenia — lack of white cells in the blood — will be making his second appearance at the World Championships with Sabrina when they begin their challenge at Wembley on Aug 8.
    “I found out about my condition five years ago but I have never used it as an excuse to avoid training. I still go the full distance although I tend to tire easily,” said Jian Guo after a hard day’s work here.
    “I just make sure that I take proper care of myself because the lack of white blood cells tend to make me more prone to infections.”
    On his career, Jian Guo admitted that things have not been than rosy since his impressive semi-final finish with Sabrina at the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold last year.
    “Sabrina had to take care of her foot injury while I had to iron out some weaknesses in my game. We are getting better as a pair,” said the 22-year-old Jian Guo.
    “We lost to China’s He Hanbin-Yu Yang (second round). This time, we hope to score at least one big upset.
    “This world meet will be a good platform to see where we stand since breaking into the senior team two years ago. We are the country’s second pair and we hope to make our way to the top.”
    Jian Guo-Sabrina are in the same quarter as four seeded pairs — second seeds Tantowi Ahmad-Lilyana Natsir of Indonesia, fifth seeds Joachim Fischer Nielsen-Christinna Pedersen of Denmark, 11th seeds Lee Sheng-mu-Chien Yu-chin of Taiwan and 16th seeds V. Diju-Jwala Gutta of India.
    Malaysia’s top pair of Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying are in the top half with two Chinese pairs –top seeds Zhang Nan-Zhao Yunlei and sixth seeds Xu Chen-Ma Jin.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Wah, Rajes Paul went all the way to England

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually think OJG is much better than CSC ...

Now I only know why he doesn't play men doubles, he cannot undertake two disciples at once..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Saturday August 27, 2011
    Rexy forced to make quick adjustments to elite squad
    KUALA LUMPUR: The retirements of Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari have forced national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky to make some quick adjustments to the elite squad.
    Zakry and Fairuzizuan’s move to reunite as independent players has left Hoon Thien How and Ong Soon Hock without partners respectively.
    Currently, Soon Hock is playing with back-up shuttler Mak Hee Chun at the ongoing Vietnam Open while the stocky Thien How is waiting for a decision to be made on a new partner for him.
    Rexy said that Soon Hock would continue to play with Hee Chun.
    “As a senior player, Soon Hock can guide Hee Chun, who is without a permanent partner after splitting ways with Tan Wee Kiong. We will give this Soon Hock-Hee Chun combination a shot and see how well they can progress until end of the year,” said Rexy.
    Asked whether this pair Soon Hock-Hee Chun would come under his charge or the guidance of back-up coach Tan Kim Her, Rexy said that a decision would be made during the coaching and training committee meeting on Sept 8.
    “Soon Hock is an elite player while Hee Chun comes under Kim Her’s squad. The elite and back-up squad train together three times a week. We can strike some kind of arrangement,” he said.
    Rexy, however, said he would wait for the return of Kim Her before naming a partner for Thien How.
    “We will discuss together on a potential partner for Thien How. Kim Her is currently in Vietnam and I will wait for him to come back before making a proposal to the coaching and training committee meeting.”
    The others currently training under Rexy are Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Vountus Indra Mawan-Mohd Lutfi Zaim Abdul Khalid. The other coach assisting Rexy in the elite team is Rosman Razak.
    “Koo and Tan are the best bets to qualify for the Olympic Games next year.
    “But we will do our best to push the other potential pairs to make the cut too.
    “Currently, the other pair with a chance of making it is Kim Her’s back-up pair Goh Wei Shem-Lim Khim Wah,” said Rexy.
    “We will be able to finalise all the changes during the coaching and training committee meeting. Then, we will be able to set targets and goals for these players.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    I actually think OJG is much better than CSC ...

Now I only know why he doesn't play men doubles, he cannot undertake two disciples at once..
    Physically he is not fit to be top players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GWS/LKW lost 20-22 in the rubber game against Rian/Angga I was hoping that they would win the title in Vietnam!

As for MHC/OSH, they did pretty well in the first two games but OSH was a disaster in the rubber. He was so confident at the net and lethal in the first two games, can see why some people do rate him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GWS/LKW lost 20-22 in the rubber game against Rian/Angga I was hoping that they would win the title in Vietnam!

As for MHC/OSH, they did pretty well in the first two games but OSH was a disaster in the rubber. He was so confident at the net and lethal in the first two games, can see why some people do rate him.
    No choice, these 2 pairs have to get trained harder and harder, in order to rule...!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Courtesy of The Star :

Hoping it’s ‘V for victory’ Shem

KUALA LUMPUR: Top back-up men’s doubles shuttler Goh Wei Shem will do anything, it seems, to take his game to a higher level – even to the extent of changing his name.
    He announced yesterday that he would be spelling his name “as Goh V Shem from now on” after consulting a feng shui master.
    “Please drop the word Wei from my name. I will take the necessary steps to make the changes in all my documents so as to make it official. My father has met a feng shui master on my behalf and I was advised to change it (my name),” said V Shem.
    “I have been told that this new name will bring better fortune for me. I will inform everyone to use this new name.
    “Hopefully, after this, I will be able to achieve better results in my badminton career.”
    V Shem, who will turn 22 on Sept 20, partners Lim Khim Wah and they are currently the country’s top back-up pair, ranked 48th in the world.
    The duo’s best results in the international arena was a semi-final finish at the Vietnam Open Grand Prix in Ho Chi Minh City last week and two quarter-final appearances at the Asian Badminton Championships and Thailand Open Grand Prix.
    Khim Wah-V Shem are the top ranked pair training under national back-up coach Tan Kim Her and are seen as the best bets to fight for places at next year’s London Olympic Games.
    V Shem, however, is not the only shuttler to have changed his name in a bid to boost his badminton career.
    Hong Kong’s singles ace Wong Shu Ki had his changed to Wong Wing Ki in 2008. Unfortunately, nothing much has changed for Wing Ki.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least he is serious about badminton, although I would never agree with people changing their name given to them by their parents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bitburger-open.de/

Heh, looks like CKB is still happy after losing... must be biasa to lose already..
    But he did play quite a few good rallies with Hans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least he is serious about badminton, although I would never agree with people changing their name given to them by their parents.
    Not changing the chinese character name only instead of english?

Btw, if fengshui can help shuttlers to get better, then alot of non-performing player would go and do it...

KKK/TBH should go first for fengshui consultation.

KKK change to Koo Kien Kuat. TBH change to Tan Boon Heng.

Then they should be able to grab the gold in OG12.

Fengshui woh

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are they now referred to as Ah Kuat and Ah Heng? I am not making fun of their names. Just hope this will help them change their fortunes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is mak hee Chung now?

he don't seems to have go independent

is he totally retire from badminton ?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Where is mak hee Chung now?
    he don't seems to have go independent
    is he totally retire from badminton ?
    even if he goes independent,not sure if he can play in tournament since he isnt good with the coach
    if the coach said something to the officer who register player for tournament
    then i guess his name would be forgot to register

Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast