User Tag List

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Tan Aik Quan playing a local tournament with Lai Pei Jing...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can I say....Daren Liew out yet again in R64...this time to Ajay Jayaram. He was also defeated in the first qualifying round of the MAS SS 2011 earlier this year. 0 win out of 2 tourneys.

Meanwhile, Chan Kwong Beng just only managed to beat Harry Wright. As expected, he will face Wei Nan tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    What can I say....Daren Liew out yet again in R64...this time to Ajay Jayaram. He was also defeated in the first qualifying round of the MAS SS 2011 earlier this year. 0 win out of 2 tourneys.

Meanwhile, Chan Kwong Beng just only managed to beat Harry Wright. As expected, he will face Wei Nan tomorrow.
    I have given up hope on Liew Daren, and going to give up hope on Chan Kwong Beng soon. Only looking forward to see Arif's performance on the international stage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/3/sports/8180019&sec=sports

Daren falls in first round while Chan goes through

PETALING JAYA: It was mixed fortunes for national back-up singles shuttlers Liew Daren and Chan Kwong Beng in their opening round matches in the German Open in Mulheim yesterday.

Daren fell 21-15, 18-21, 18-21 to Ajay Jayaram of India after toiling for 55 minutes but Kwong Beng survived after getting the better of Harry Wright of England in three games.

Kwong Beng conceded the first game but bounced back with a better show to beat Wright 11-21, 21-15, 21-18 in 54 minutes.

Kwong Beng will take on Nan Wei of Hong Kong for a place in the last 16. Nan Wei chalked up a 21-17, 21-12 win over Bjorn Seguin of the United States yesterday.

Daren’s defeat will not go down well with singles coach Hendrawan, who had targeted his charge to make the quarter-finals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    I have given up hope on Liew Daren, and going to give up hope on Chan Kwong Beng soon. Only looking forward to see Arif's performance on the international stage.
    I think this time, LDR did quite well losing to AJ in three games with a fight...........AJ is a very good young player from India, I personally rated him well above LDR.

As for CKB.......jis real test is in this 2nd round !! Let wait and see how he performs !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....and CKB failed to beat Wei Nan.

I think it's time for BAM to release these so-called elite back-ups.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/4/sports/8188731&sec=sports

Kwong Beng crashes out, Koo-Tan move on

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia’s Chan Kwong Beng crashed out but China’s rising star Wang Zhengming continued to make heads turn by marching into the third round of the German Open at Mulheim yesterday.

Back-up shuttler Kwong Beng, who is a regular sparring partner of world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, continued to show his lack of temperament on the big stage when he went down 17-21, 18-21 to unheralded Nan Wei of Hong Kong in just 38 minutes in a second round match.

With Kwong Beng’s unexpected exit, Malay*sia’s challenge in the men’s singles competition of the GP Gold event has come to an end.

On Wednesday, Liew Daren was knocked out in the first round.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, many chances already given to them to prove their worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

release? Habis Hashim over-stay in BAM and only recently he himself asked to be freed...
    CKB still young...i dont think BAM will release him so fast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    release? Habis Hashim over-stay in BAM and only recently he himself asked to be freed...
    CKB still young...i dont think BAM will release him so fast
    somtimes i wonder how long will bam take this time to find another badminton star... it seems that we will find 1 every 10 years... hehehe... remember misbun in the 80's? rashid sidek in the 90's? lcw in the new millenium ? huhuhu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    somtimes i wonder how long will bam take this time to find another badminton star... it seems that we will find 1 every 10 years... hehehe... remember misbun in the 80's? rashid sidek in the 90's? lcw in the new millenium ? huhuhu
    Very fair statement... I think many powerhouses are also facing the same problem... Peter Gade for Denmark, Taufik for INA, ParkSH for Korea, LCW for Msia, Nguyen for Vietnam, Boonsak for Thailand, etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, hope he can fare well in XD category ok?all the best then

Peng Soon finally finds his focus

PETALING JAYA: It took him some time but Chan Peng Soon has finally decided to give his undivided attention to the mixed doubles.
    And his commitment to focus on one event may help him go far in the All-England with partner Goh Liu Ying.
    Peng Soon-Liu Ying will take on Indonesia’s new combination Tantowi Ahmad-Lilyana Natsir in the opening round in Birmingham today.
    Peng Soon said that he had decided to place priority on the mixed doubles after the event was included in the 2012 Road to London programme.
    “Liu Ying and I now have a target to achieve. We know where we are heading and the ultimate goal is to qualify and do well in the Olympics next year,” said Peng Soon.
    The Penangite admitted that he struggled to give up full attention on the men’s doubles.
    “I love playing the men’s doubles too. I was determined to prove that I could juggle between two events but honestly, the chances are better for me in the mixed right now. It is quite competitive in the men’s doubles,” he said.
    “I am playing with (Lim) Khim Wah in the men’s doubles at the All-England but this probably will be my last outing with him.”
    Khim Wah will partner Goh Wei Shem after the European stint. Wei Shem is without a partner following the absence of Teo Kok Siang because of a knee injury.
    The 21-year-old Peng Soon has done well with Liu Ying over the last two years under the charge of coach Jeremy Gan.
    The duo scored a first for Malaysia when they emerged as the winners in the Asian championships last year.
    Currently, they are more mature in their game and are able to give the top pairs a run for their money.
    “We will face a strong Indonesian pair in the opening round in Birmingham. It will not be easy but hopefully, Liu Ying and I can pull off an upset,” said Peng Soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    ok, hope he can fare well in XD category ok?all the best then

Peng Soon finally finds his focus

PETALING JAYA: It took him some time but Chan Peng Soon has finally decided to give his undivided attention to the mixed doubles.
    And his commitment to focus on one event may help him go far in the All-England with partner Goh Liu Ying.
    Peng Soon-Liu Ying will take on Indonesia’s new combination Tantowi Ahmad-Lilyana Natsir in the opening round in Birmingham today.
    Peng Soon said that he had decided to place priority on the mixed doubles after the event was included in the 2012 Road to London programme.
    “Liu Ying and I now have a target to achieve. We know where we are heading and the ultimate goal is to qualify and do well in the Olympics next year,” said Peng Soon.
    The Penangite admitted that he struggled to give up full attention on the men’s doubles.
    “I love playing the men’s doubles too. I was determined to prove that I could juggle between two events but honestly, the chances are better for me in the mixed right now. It is quite competitive in the men’s doubles,” he said.
    “I am playing with (Lim) Khim Wah in the men’s doubles at the All-England but this probably will be my last outing with him.”
    Khim Wah will partner Goh Wei Shem after the European stint. Wei Shem is without a partner following the absence of Teo Kok Siang because of a knee injury.
    The 21-year-old Peng Soon has done well with Liu Ying over the last two years under the charge of coach Jeremy Gan.
    The duo scored a first for Malaysia when they emerged as the winners in the Asian championships last year.
    Currently, they are more mature in their game and are able to give the top pairs a run for their money.
    “We will face a strong Indonesian pair in the opening round in Birmingham. It will not be easy but hopefully, Liu Ying and I can pull off an upset,” said Peng Soon.
    So, it's probably fixed. Lim Khim Wah will partner with Goh Wei Shem, which I honestly think isn't too bad. Now, this leaves three players among the three pairs (Chan Peng Soon will be gone now, so it's only 5 among them): Mak Hee Chun, Tan Wee Kiong, and Teo Kok Siang. Mak Hee Chun and Tan Wee Kiong got problems with each other... so... who will be the odd one out after Teo Kok Siang recovers from injury?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/39enguse-2/Article

Badminton / All England: Mixed fortune for pairs

MEN'S doubles Zakry Latif-Hoon Thien How got off to a decent start in the All England but compatriots Fairuzizuan Tazari-Ong Soon Hock suffered an early exit at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham yesterday.

Zakry-Thien How, who played in the qualifying rounds on Tuesday, defeated seventh seeds Fang Chieh Min-Lee Sheng Mu of Taiwan 21-14, 21-19 in 27 minutes yesterday.

They will meet either compatriots Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong or Japan's Hiroyuki Endo-Kenichi Hayakawa, who were involved in a late first round tie last night, in the second round.

Fairuz-Soon Hock found the going tough against Indonesia No 2 Muhammad Ahsan-Bona Septano and suffered a 21-10, 19-21, 21-14 defeat in the first round.

Top national pair Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong played a late first round match against Russians Vitalij Durkin-Alexandr Nikolaenko.

Back-up pair Chan Peng Soon-Lim Khim Wah faced a tough encounter with Olympic champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan of Indonesia while Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen met India's Rupesh Kumar-Sanave Thomas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to Hoon Thien How/Zakry for reaching the quarter-finals of the All-England... after a string of terrible performances, they finally performed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they beat Hayakawa & Endo in rubber game just now ~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Congratulations to Hoon Thien How/Zakry for reaching the quarter-finals of the All-England... after a string of terrible performances, they finally performed!
    for sure they dont belong to back up squad