Favourite Drill or Routine

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by tipper1, Jan 6, 2010.

1. tipper1

tipper1 Regular Member

sales
    What are your favourite training drills or routines for singles or doubles.
    Ones you either actually like doing or feel you get the most benefit from.

2. Bcalchess

Bcalchess Regular Member

One of my favourite drills is with the feeder elevated on chair or table at one side of net in a central position feeding all 4 corners of the other side with shuttle going downwards. It is a fun under pressure exercise but prone to breaking down unless the feeder gives you a chance to get back to a central position. Not sure if it is the most beneficial drill out there but it definitely gets the adrenaline going :)

3. Trmun

Trmun Regular Member

2 or 3 vs me - neither of us trying to win the rally, but just keep it going, after 2 minuts, I smash, after 2 minuts, I defend, which totals 6 minuts and then we rotate (there is usually a short break in between each 2 min of about 10 seconds)

It is incredibly hard, but it is so good for learning to be patient and how to minimize errors on the court.

Another favorite is with 2 feeders, one at each side of the net, feeding "netdrops" (they throw the ball with overhand motion as if it was a tight drop) and I have to roll the bird back over, preferentially hitting the tape in the process (with the shuttle of course :p). This is probably only worth the honorable mention since I've been really bad at the net and have spent the first half of this season doing this and now I'm actually winning rallies on the net :eek: