Racket Recommendation.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by VietTranMtEden, Jan 6, 2010.

1. VietTranMtEden

VietTranMtEden Regular Member

Badminton Player
    So I'm low on money, and desperate for a racket. Can anyone recommend a racket for me? Maybe an underground brand that I've never heard of. I'll take any suggestions. I'm a highschool player (below D), a soft hitter, smashes aren't so fast so I'm looking for more power, but decent stability. Also I need a recommendation on strings, and lbs.

#1 VietTranMtEden, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Undergorund brand??

Budget?

maybe something like: http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25_26_108&products_id=507

A good start is to try Zymax 62 strings at 22lbs for easy power.. great if you are not breaking them to often.

/T

3. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

i agree, you need 2 give as a budget 80USD? 100USD?....
    if your spending around 120 i'd definitely recommend
    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25_26_140&products_id=800
    i got 1(lethal 60 *head heavy* which is very similar) myself and quiet a bit more power then my muscle power 100
    **below is the seller i brought my lethal 60 from
    this racket is highly regraded
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-APACS-TANTR...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2303878716

if your still going cheaper go for this
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-APACS-NANO-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230375d03b

22lb is a good starting point, if you buy online you have to be prepared to change the string pretty much when u get it, mine broke in 5 min...
    if you go 22lb with BG65 string it'll last a very long time

#3 milford30, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  4. VietTranMtEden

Badminton Player
    22 lbs? So I've got suggestions of BG 80 on 26 lbs for high power/repulsion. So is it true that weight doesn't really effect power, and if it doesn't what DOES it effect?

5. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

if your below D u'll generate pretty much no power with 26lb you don't have the swing speed to generate power at that kind of tension yet... i suggest getting bg 65 since 80 won't do you much good at this level and it isn't a durable as 65 weight does affect power, head heavy rackets would give you a faster smash if you have the right technique

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It DOES affect power.. If you are strong and have HIGH SPEED swing high-tension helps.. If you are beginner or lower air-speed in swing lower tension helps...

There is no one tension fits all here !!! It is all dependent on the combination of swingspeed/timing/frame/shaft....

I got the impression you where d-level and soft hitter (low racket head speed)... In that case flex in shaft and lower tension will most likely help your shuttle speed...

/Twobeer

7. warlock110

warlock110 Regular Member

that actually depends on the swing style doens't have to do anything with skill, i've seen low skill individual hitting with wrong technique but hit hard as hell, b/c they're naturally strong/big.

8. druss

druss Regular Member

Then imagine how much harder they could hit with the correct technique? A LOT of high level badminton players are not large but smash harder than most, if not all, of us regardless of our size.

9. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

i assume wrong technique means your hitting with your arm at approximately 90 degrees instead of it being straight... if so then the angle of the shot will be crap, if they want to advance, they must have the right technique... as druss has mentioned, the speed would be pretty limited...
    also simple physics, the further away from your center of mass you hit the shuttle the faster(in theory) it could go...
    so swinging hard with a small angle of variation won't do you much good unless your playing with beginners all your life

10. VietTranMtEden

Badminton Player
    Well, I have the right technique, just because I'm below D doesn't mean I don't know my stroke. Just recommend me a set of strings/racket for someone who would know his technique, just still a soft hitter.

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I would suggest lower range of yonex if you want to spend around $100-$150
    Otherwise you can go for Apacs rackets
    there are also good rackets around eg, carlton, victor, ashaway, etc just go for the lower range
    i recommend also to go for light head or more balance rackets
    as for the string tension, 22 to 24lbs is the max at your level

12. druss

druss Regular Member

You STILL have not given a budget, you won't get any good recommendations until you do.

13. VietTranMtEden

Badminton Player
    $100-$150 sorry about that.

14. druss

druss Regular Member

I'm going to suggest the apacs lethal 60 or 70 w/ bg80 strings at 22lbs or so or a used arc10.

15. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

In that case, why dont you go for Yonex? Rather than risking your self to lower quality racket

16. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

get a NS100. 50 bucks max, still very solid. pretty much what you need.
    if you want a different brand, i would try the Victory artery tec ti 98/ 99. 98 is pretty flexible. the 99 is stiffer by a lot.

17. anandalphonse

anandalphonse Regular Member

Engineer
    @VietTranMtEden

hey there...since u have given a budget range $150 ,i dont think it would be pretty hard to get a nice racquet ..why dont u look out ant online stores, or any reliable ebay dealers ???online shops such as 'bbeshop' ,'mybadmintonstore' etc has pretty much neat customer satisfation record....or kust find find a nice ebay dealer,like this one(i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a ebay web address here...!)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-APACS-TANTR...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2558364fe7
    hope this helps....