SHB-200 Questions

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by IBaddersI, Jan 7, 2010.

1. IBaddersI

IBaddersI Regular Member

School
    So my SHB-200 came in the post today I wanted a wider shoe as my SHB100 and 71's seemed a bit tight.
    http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/badminton/footwear/brand/yonex?filter_reset=1

When comparing the soles of the 3 shoes they looked identical, the 200's didn't appear to be any wider. They are supposed to be wider than the SHB 101 MX?

The soles seem to be much thicker and when wearing them I was definitely higher off the ground. Anyone else notice this? And is how does it affect the shoes performance?

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I don't exactly understand what you are asking here but by design specifications the SHB200 is of 4E width, meaning that they should be slightly wider than your SHB100 which is 3E. Have you not noticed it when you wore it? If not then perhaps you can just get the JP version of the shoe [SHB200WM] which is even wider (from personal experience) than the EX [SHB200EX] version of the shoe which you must have tried.

The slightly elevated footing should not be a problem at all; IMHO it just points to the shoe model having thicker cushioning.

3. szekt

szekt Regular Member

I am using the SHB200; I agree that the shoe seems "higher"; I noticed it more probably cos I was using the ultima sereis which does not have cushioning and hence "lower"; dont worry, very soon you will get used to it; havent had any trips or anything like that while using it; but guess the cushioning should be good in the long run for the knees!:D

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Ummm... so you have the SHB200, 101 and 71, all three of them right in front of you, right?

Why don't you just try them on and tell us how they fit, instead of asking us?

When I tested the 200 and 101 at the store last week, the 200 fit my wide feet much better, likely because the 101's lateral claws were digging on the sides.

It being slightly higher, you'll get used to it. I see it as an advantage since now I have a slight height advantage for smashes, drives, etc.

#4 visor, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    The SHB 200 is a great shoe and does feel slightly wider than my SHB100. I reviewed the SHB 200 shoe in my blog www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Perhaps you're after a shoe with significantly more width. There are a number of shoes on the market at the moment and new ones about to be introduced.

I have been asked by a retailer to test a shoe but I am sponsored by Yonex which precludes me from doing so. That said, I do know the shoe was designed by a podiatrist who has worked with a number of very well known sports shoe manufacturers. The shoe does look a little wider. The manufacturer is Karakal. They are also introducing another shoe very soon.

Hope this helps.

To your success in 2010

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Paul, you can just wear a disguise and test the shoe. I'm sure a Yonex rep could not tell that it is you lol!! j/k

I personally did try the SHB-200, I thought it was good but found out that it was too wide since the shoe is 4E and I have narrow feet (swimming at the front). I do like the SHB-100s when I had it at the time.

I have switched over to Mizunos since they have better cushioning and foot support which podiatrists recommend their brand for it.

7. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Hi Paul, the JP version of the Yonex SHB200 (full name as the SHB200 Wide Mid) has a rounder and more circular toe front, making the shoe feel wider and more roomy at the top than the Export (with normal cut) version of the SHB200. A significant thing to notice is underneath the shoe at the bottom sole on the SHB200EX it just reads the length of the shoe in CM while with the JP version it will read the length plus the word WIDE.

I'll try to upload some pictures comparing both versions of the shoes when I can get photobucket to work.