Apacs Stern 300(Woven) Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by loneboy62, Jan 9, 2010.

1. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Having this racket over the week and after tried it out, share my review with you guys.

Balance: 285mm +- 5
    Weight: 85g +- 1
    Flex: 8-9
    String: Yonex Bg66 26lbs Digital

Comments
    1. With 86g but can feel whole racket balance with the power and flex, consider high rank racket of APACS so far.
    2. Rare vibration while doing strong smashing and can be continously perform the same.
    3. Good for weak back hand player.
    4. Solid feel on the racket.
    5. Can compare well with high end Yonex and Lining Racket.

Rate: 9.2/10
    Highly recommended to try on this new racket.

2. gendarko

gendarko New Member

how much did u get the racket from loneboy and how much? any pictures?

3. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    is flex 8-9 pretty stiff or very stiff ?

4. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

RM280 from Puchong AJ, in fact I only found this racket on their shop, other badminton shop always said out of stock to me.

8-9 consider stiff on APEX racket. After i actual tried out this racket for few weeks, i believe it is very closed to 9 instead of 8 since it is more stiff compare to other APACS racket in range and reduced lots of vibration, something like VH series but it is lighter.

5. gendarko

gendarko New Member

thanx for the info man....i looked it up at AJ Puchong and i think its very cool. nice color and nice feel too. unfortunately, its too stiff for me coz i dun think i can flex the racket for power shots since i have a weak wrist.

6. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

ic...the most important thing is you have to find a racket really suitable for you, to me i just think it is right perfect for me compare to other mid flex racket like saber 10 since not enough power.

Gambateh to find your favor racket!!

7. Subang690

Subang690 Regular Member

sports writer

Hey man, totally agree... I'm like a casual player, more enthusiast type. Play twice a week when I'm able to. I actually went out with RM500 in my wallet, ready to go for the Victor Bravesword 09... A friend showed me the Stern 300 and the Lethal 60. Apparently, for Apacs rackets, they usually quote you a price, RM399 for the Stern 300 and RM429 for the Lethal 60. But there's apparently always a buy one-free one offer. I ended up getting both the Apacs rackets, spent a total of RM490, including stringing and grips, plus I got a free bag... I heard this is a Malaysian brand, but made at a factory in China... Must say, I'm not at all disappointed. So far, don't regret not getting the Bravesword 09.. Of course, I will never know what I'm missing until I actually try the Bravesword 09, but that's okay. All I need is a good racket and I believe I have 2...hahaha...
    What you say about the improvement on backhand with the Stern 300, is true.. Especially for me, as I still feel the sting from an old tennis elbow... So, i strung it at 29lbs, not the max 35lbs, and it works alright.. Maybe lower tension might even be better... hahaha..

8. Subang690

Subang690 Regular Member

sports writer

Gendarko, here's mine...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    the slight stripe pattern is the woven?

10. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    according to ebay

this racket is 4U and medium flex can you compare it with some recent yonex models please. thanks

11. Subang690

Subang690 Regular Member

sports writer

Well, I can only think of one that I have, not exactly a recent Yonex... Haven't been too loyal lately cos there's so much the newer brands have to offer.. Probably my Musclepower 33..They both have about the same stiffness, but the Stern 300 is slimmer, the Musclepower33 of course looks better, with a bit more graphics rather than the simple black Apacs, and is Made in Japan.. Similar amount of flex, but I think the Stern 300 is a little more head-heavy and more manoueverable.. The Musclepower33 was of course more expensive when I got it 3 years ago, RM320...

Oh, an update.. After a few sessions with the Stern 300 strung at 29lbs, I decided it was simply too much and a bit uncomfortable for me and my level.. I had it restrung at 25lbs (Li-Ning Accupower 101N).. Much better, didn't really lose any of the control I think and it's hitting quite fast smashes...
    This is what I like with these types of rackets. You don't blow your pocket on the basic stuff and you have something extra to play around with and try a few things to get it right...

12. Subang690

Subang690 Regular Member

sports writer
    You mean the little gold stripes? no, they're the graphics. Very minimal graphics on this racket. Quite reminds me of the old Yonex Blacken...

13. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

How is stern 300 stiffness compared to stern 85 & 100. Both were described as "stiff" but they have totally different hand feel on stiffness.

14. Subang690

Subang690 Regular Member

sports writer
    Not sure cos, the Stern 300 is actually one of 2 of my first Apacs rackets, so I've never tried Stern 85 or 100... They're also my first rackets that can carry max tension of more than 30lbs.. hahaha... But I can say that it is more on the STIFF and not the VERY STIFF category. I can also say that for a brand that is famous for cloning, I do think that the Stern 300 actually gives a rather unique feel, something that is it's own.. You have a slight head heavy feel, but I sense not too much as with the Lethal 60.. I use the Stern 300 for singles and the Lethal 60 for doubles play...Just my take on it.. I dunno, maybe someone with more experience on the subject can add...

15. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Stern 200/300 vs. T200

Any comparative review?

16. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Not so sure which product you want to compare, perhaps you can name the model?

17. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Stern300/200 vs. T-200.

18. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Overall feeling of S300/200 is a all round racket, so when it is all round, it will have a light body and light head and a balance shave.
    T200 is slightly more heavy and also head heavy, so when do smashing it will generate more power. It depended on whether your wrist and arm able to take the load from it.

19. cslee007

cslee007 New Member

Loneboy62, may i know where is this AJ actual location?
    And RM 280 is only for the frame or include grip & string?
    I saw at other shop showing price tag of RM 399.

20. nosebleedXD

nosebleedXD Regular Member

is stern 85 any good?