Yonex SHB 200 shoes great for wide feet

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by visor, Jan 9, 2010.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

So, after some forum searching, I ended up with this pair of shoes for my wide feet.

Fits my orthotics very nicely. Very comfy. Excellent grip and stability. Slightly higher than 101MX but very good cushioning and doesn't seem to affect balance. Best of all, no lateral claw digging into the sides of my feet! Still feels slightly clunky after 2 hrs of playing, but should improve with more break-in time.

2. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

agree. too bad i'm selling a brand new one due to wrong size, for only $90 CAD.
    (do not judge me for this shameless advertisement... lol)

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Too bad (or should I say luckily! otherwise I'll feel regret!) that you're in GTA. I paid CAD$125 for mine with tax in.

4. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

heh, $125 that's not too bad, comparing to the the insatiable price tag $150 from 'authorized yonex ca dealers'.

5. Munkie03

Munkie03 New Member

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    $150? Wow, that's some rip off. From the Authorized Yonex Dealer in Canada I go to, I can get it about the same price as visor.

#6 Matt, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  7. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    The price comparison country to country is pointless. In China, we can get original JP version of the shoes ship from Japan for RMB800 or less.

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yonex shoes are not that well known for foot support. I personally use orthotics myself and from what podiatrists recommend, they say Mizuno because they have very good cushioning and foot support.

I personally use Mizuno badminton shoes and it made a difference to me switching from Yonex.

#8 Matt, Jan 15, 2010
  9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I could get a JP for "free with my connections...!! I am just not greedy to take advantage or abuse it.

#9 Matt, Jan 15, 2010
  10. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Well good for you. But not everyone is having connection like you. For pathetic people like us, we can only buy at wherever we are resided in, and hence, different country, different pricing, is no point at comparing whether one got it at higher or cheaper. It makes the happy buyer having some sleepness night thinking he /she got it at higher price than other country but he/she has no control over it at all. So, no point. As long as you are happy over what you bought, good for you. :p
    Just my 2 cents.

PS: Since you seems to be so resourceful and having so good connection with Yonex i will list down a full list of things to make sure you use your connection to get for me FREE. Thanks in advance :D :D :D :D :D :D

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Interesting.

I previously had a pair of Mizuno volleyball shoes: Wave Lightning 4. Comfy, cushiony, but no lateral support to speak of. And the leather rib on the lateral side of the foot was starting to dig into my 5th toe. It was good for jumping, forward/backward, but not side to side.

Which Mizuno badminton shoe model do you have? And where did you buy them from in GVA?

Also, are you wearing your orthotic inside the shoe? I am. If so, don't you find that you have to remove the shoe's original insole in order to fit properly? In which case, when the insole is removed, then doesn't that remove most of the shoe's cushioning?

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Lol!! It might cost me and arm and a leg for doing something like that.

Anyways, about the pricing, Visor and I reside around the same area so it would of been ok to compare in that case because I have seem rip off shops there too while there are shops that sell for good prices.

#12 Matt, Jan 15, 2010
  13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The badminton shoe model I have is the Mizuno Wave Smash SG3 and I actually purchased them online since their badminton shoe line is not available in North America.

The original insole is mainly a general foot support - low cost. The cushioning is pretty much built into the shoe itself. Our orthotics is a specially customed designed insole for our feet. So yes, the original insole needs to be taken out before we can put our orthotics in.

I previously had the Mizuno Wave Tornado 4 which is the Volleyball shoe. It is a very good shoe however there is not enough front foot support (done by design), since it's being used other than it was specifically made for. For instance, bend the front part of the shoe as if you were on the tippi-toe, the shoe collaspes and bends easily. With the Wave Smash SG3, do the same thing, the shoe resists collasping as it is a lot stiffer. Also putting your foot in the shoe, you can feel the front foot support.

#13 Matt, Jan 15, 2010
  14. visor

visor Regular Member

Hey Matt, since you have yonex connections, why not try the shb 200's and compare to the mizunos? :) The newer 200's are supposed to be specially designed with 2 new improvements: one being wider (ie. 4E) to accomodate wide/flat feet, hence no lateral claws. Secondly, extra outsole cushioning, hence it feels higher, but doesn't seem to affect balance. I'd be curious what you'd think of it cf to your mizunos.

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Hi Visor,

I personally tried the SHB-200 however, I was unable to use them after a while because the front part of the feet were swimming too much as I have narrow feet. Also the same reason, I only wear certain brand name shoes. Yonex shoes I previously worn in the past which I did like before is the SHB-100 LTD and SHB-101 LTD. 200 is 4E? I thought it was 3E.

The Wave Smash is a 3E, but I am able to wear them because the other parts of the shoe is narrow enough to prevent the feet from swimming. I plan to get the new Wave Fang SP which is 2E in the future.

The Mizunos have a lot better shock absorbtion and dampening because of their Mizuno Wave design. Their design is such that their cushion retains it's original shape. In comparion to Yonex theirs does not such that over time, it will eventually get compressed, making it stiffer.

#15 Matt, Jan 15, 2010
  16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Opps my bad, they SHB-200 is 4E.

17. visor

visor Regular Member

I see, thanks!

Yeah, the shb 200 is 4E for wide feet, so narrow feet would slide around too much inside.

Re shock absorbtion: coming from a Mizuno Wave Lightning 4 to a SHB 200, I'd say the Yonex has better shock absorption/cushioning in the outsole. In addition, it has better padding inside the shoe and seems to conform (ie. hold to the shape of my feet) better.

18. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Try swithing over to the actual badminton shoe, that would be a much better comparison.

19. Phouma

Phouma Regular Member

Student
    SG3 Sizing

Hey Matt, I was wondering if you could comment on the sizing of the SG3. I'm thinking of ordering a pair from Sohubuy, but sizing on Mizuno shoes only goes up to 10.5 sadly:(. I'm currently using SHB99 size 11 (also with orthotic) that are in desperate need of replacing :p The 99s fit comfortably with just a bit of room to spare in the toebox.

20. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

How do the SHB 200's compare to the SHB SC5? Or do they provide the same features (arch support)
    I have a fear that the SC5's heel is quite high and my custom orthotics that also have shock absorbency on the heel will make my shoes even more higher (sorry if that doesn't make any complete sense at all haha..)