Browning Badminton - reputation?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ps2mint, Jan 10, 2010.

1. ps2mint

ps2mint New Member

Hi people,

At the moment I play with a Prince Hornet Racket, but as i'm getting more into the game, i'm looking at purchasing a Browning Racket. Some internet sites are saying that despite not being very well known, Browning are producing some very good rackets. Do people think this is true?

The one i'm interested in is this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000WGXO3M/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

Browning Platinum Nano 75 Badminton Racket -

Just wandering if anybody on here has played with this racket, or has seen someone else play with it?

Thanks

2. roy b

roy b Regular Member

From what I've read only, you must take the recommended retail price with a pinch of salt. The Brownings are said to be 'O.K.' rackets but nowhere near worth what the ridiculous RRP would indicate. You could possibly get better rackets (think Apacs) for 39 or so quid.

RRP 300 GBP, selling for 39 GBP - doesn't this look a bit absurd ?

3. Alom

Alom Regular Member

Browning do make some good rackets. Heres a revised version of a quick review I did a while back. I have changed to rating of the racket from a stiff flex to inbetween a stiff and xtra stiff flex. This is due to getting a better understanding of the scale of stiffness, this was done by trying out more stiff and ultra stiff rackets :D

I've tried the Browning Platinum Nano 75 & Browning Plasma Platinum 75 & Old Browning Stealth CTI & Old Browning Stealth TI and Old Browning Big Gun.

The Browning Platinum Nano 75 is one of my favourite rackets. Its xtra still to stiff flex, head heavy and reminds me of the old AT700. But the weight of 75g seems a little unrealistic!! Feels heavier due to the combination of head heaviness and stiffiness. Its more of an offensive racket. Defense is not great :eek:

Its very good value for the price you pay.
    Let me know if you have any more questions.

4. ps2mint

ps2mint New Member

Thanks for the replies. If I you were to compare my current racket, the Prince Hornet with the Browning Nano 75, which one would you say is a better 'all-round' racket?

Thanks

5. Alom

Alom Regular Member

I haven't tried the Prince Hornet but the Browning Nano 75 is ideally a singles racket because its head heavy balance (approx 300mm) and is sluggish for defense.

From what I've read, the Prince Hornet, is a medium flex racket and a 290mm balance. This would be a better choice out of the 2 rackets for an 'all-rounder' racket. The Browning is more of an offensive racket, you will need time to adjust to the head heavier balance and the stiff/extra stiff flex.

Ideally for a good all round racket, you should look for something with a spec inbetween the Browning Nano 75 and Prince Hornet. The Prince TT Warrior (tear shaped) would be a great choice. It weights 85g and IIRC was head light balance. Felt very light :D, lighter than the Browning Nano 75 for some weird reason!! I like the TT Warrior, very good all rounder racket.

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I assume Browning is just sticking their name on some OK run-to-the-mill OEM rackets. I highly doubt they have any own racket r&d...

So my assumption is that it is just a std. generic OEM racket with Browning branding..

/Twobeer

7. Alom

Alom Regular Member

twobeer, your probably right. I've tested some in the past and had to buy these rackets without specified specs (no website or specs listed anywhere).
    Some are good and some are very poor :mad:

8. Unholy Racketeer

Unholy Racketeer New Member

Racket stringing
    Hi - this is an old post but perhaps someone could tell me what the recommended maximum string tension is for a Browning Oxylite N-Ti 75 please.

9. Alom

Alom Regular Member

I've strung the platinum nano 75 at 28lb continuously for many years. I wouldn't push it past 28lb.

10. May Song

May Song New Member

I'm looking for a new racket, who would you suggest has the better quality rackets from Browning or Oliver badminton, does anyone know? Thanks :D