A racquet for an intermediate female player

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bloominghearts, Jan 10, 2010.

1. bloominghearts

bloominghearts Regular Member

Hi there, I have been reading reviews after reviews of Yonex Muscle Power, Armortec and Nanospeed series. I am beginning to think that maybe Nanospeed is more for players like me, who lacks the strength to drive the ball all the way to the back of the court but is good with net play.
    Any recommendations would be good at all. I am thinking maybe the Nanospeed 7000 or 7700? :)

2. AurorAX

AurorAX Regular Member

Biotech Sales / Marketing
    I would suggest going for something really light - such as APACS tantrum/lethal light, Black Knight Photons, etc that have unbeatable manoeuvrability and speed, and which can improve your smashing power with very short swings at the front of the court!

3. Alom

Alom Regular Member

bloominghearts, which racket are you currently playing with? The reason why am asking is because you have listed two rackets, one which is of stiff flex (7000) and the other is medium flex (7700). You've listed what you are struggling with and the make/model of your racket will complete the picture :D

#3 Alom, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Arc7 would also be an excellent choice as well.

5. bloominghearts

I am using the Wilson K-Lite Factor. What does that tell you, Alom?

6. Alom

Alom Regular Member

That tells me that you are using a flexible racket with slight head heavy balance and 80g unstrung weight.

I think a racket with mid level stiffness, balanced weight could help you. From the two which you have suggested, the Nanospeed 7700 would be the better choice.

If you were not limited to the 7700 or 7000, ryim_ recommendation of a Yonex Arcsaber 7 is good. Even Yonex Arcsaber 9. Arcsaber 9 is less stiff and slighly headlight than the Arcsaber 7.

Please note the above recommendation are of 2 of many countless rackets available to fit your needs. The above rackets will be slightly heavier than the K-Lite Factor.

7. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

imo the K-lite is a mid stiff racket, maybe a little less than the MP45. its also very light, and well balanced. it already the perfect racket for what you want. seeing as you want a fast racket with decent power and good netplay, the K lite fits the bill. any superlight racket will probably leech power from you. unless you have a high swing speed, the NS series isnt going to help you either. i find the NS's pretty good at netplay, but believe it lacks a bit of feel, making netplay feel different.

8. Alom

Alom Regular Member

In regards to my previous post.
    I thought the K-lite was a flexible and slight head heavy racket :confused:

If what jymbalaya is saying is correct, that the current racket should fit your needs quite well. jymbalaya is right regarding the NS, without a high swing speed the racket will feel useless!

9. bloominghearts

Thanks guys. Jmybalaya - somehow with the Wilson K-Lite, i still find myself needing to exert a lot of strength to drive the ball back - but one thing you are right about is, it does give me good control when it comes to my netplay.

Alom, thanks! I will read more reviews about this arcsaber. I have only read the MP, Nano and Armotec.

10. Random-person1

Random-person1 New Member

Student
    If you want to go into the Nanospeed series, I recommend the 4500 or the 6000; both fairly easy to generate power with.

11. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

I really reccomend ashaway superlight 79, you should look into it.

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Trinity 2 from Panda Power.

Hands down one of the easiest racket to play with and still effortlessly generate power with just a flick of the wrist.

Unusually light and powerful at the same time.

13. Alom

Alom Regular Member

ashaway superlight 79 would also be a good replacement choice. Lightweight racket and medium flex. Trinity 2 from Panda Power :D the reviews say it all (all great)!

Also, maybe a new string job at a slightly higher tension could help. Lower tension strings can create a 'trampoline effect' on the string bed when hitting the shuttle thus taking more strength/more effort to clear the shuttle.

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

To O/P - if you think you lack strength then a NS7000 is, IMO, not for you; it is extremely head-light and defensive oriented so it will not give you any "free" power. It is very good at the net when you need quick reactions, though. I am also not a fan of the NS7700 because it has no real strengths or weaknesses as a racket.

Being a Panda dealer I am loath to push my own rackets (but I feel no need as the T2 is already a storm;)). Having tried the Karakal SL70 I found it has probably the best head mobility of any racket, but not enough weight to get decent power. I would also try one of the "softer" Armortecs (500 or 600) - the head weight might give you some of the depth of shot you are looking for.

15. bloominghearts

Hi all, the most common brands I can get here in NZ is Yonex and Wilson. So as much as I would like to try the other brands, it's not going to be easy for me to get them. So if you could recommend the Yonex series for me, that would be much appreciated. I have read about the arcsaber 9 and think that might work for me - who lacks the strength to drive the ball way back.

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Even with delivery charges from say Malaysia, the T2 would cost you 2/3 the cost of the Arc 9, while providing much better performance.

17. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

agreed, my lethal 60 costs around 140NZD shipped would be the same price for similar apacs rackets from racket_sports on ebay

18. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

I get the feeling that shipping is a hassle, and (she?/he?) would rather buy a local yonex racket, lol. To be honest if you if you're willing to pay so much for a arc9 and the review's make you happy then go ahead and buy it. I don't see where you could go wrong for such a top of the range racket.
    Using arc10, all i can comment is that it's fast for defence, net shot's are spot on, clear's are easy and easy to manoeuvre. If you already have a good basic technique in your smash, then you shouldn't have a problem with arc9.

oops: she* sorry (just 're'read the title =p)

19. bloominghearts

To be honest, I think shipping is a hassle and I don't even know where to get those recommended racquets. I guess I like Yonex a lot. Anyway, I have been trying out Armortec 300 and found it gives me a lot more power than using the Wilson K-Lite Factor. Guess maybe coz it's slightly head heavy.

20. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Arcsaber 9 !!!!!!