Shuttle and Hy Brand for sale

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by adidascanada, Jan 12, 2010.

1. adidascanada

adidascanada Regular Member

Below is an ad placed in craigslist. basically has anyone tried these brands? Please provide your comments/feedback. Comments on the pricing would be nice also. I am NOT the seller rather checking to see if this is a good deal on good shuttles. Thanks

"High quality feather badminton shuttles at lowest price in Canada and guaranteed!
    If you find any same quality shuttlecocks in Canada at lower price, I would like to beat it
    At 5% more.

All shuttles are directly from my family owned sport products plant in China.
    I set up my shipping base in Richmond BC. All these thing cut unnecessary cost to
    none and make my shuttles high performance/cost ratio. For example, shuttlecock
    no.4 is better quality than RSL no.6 and the price is just 40cad for 5 dozen.

Price List(no tax)
    Shuttle NO.4 9cad/dozen 5dozens for 40cad only
    Shuttle No.5 11cad/dozen 5dozens for 50cad only
    Shuttle No.6 8cad/dozen 5dozens for 35cad only
    Shuttle No.7 7cad/dozen 5dozens for 35cad only
    Shuttle No.8 12cad/dozen 5dozens for 55cad only
    HY Golden No 1A 13cad/dozen 5dozens for 60cad only
    HY Tournament No.1 19cad/dozen 5dozens for 85cad only
    HY Tournament NO.2 15cad/dozen 5dozens for 70cad only
    HY Tournament No.3A 14cad/dozen 5dozens for 65cad only
    HY Silver NO.2A 10cad/dozen 5dozens for 45cad only

For detailed pictures and description of my shuttles , please visit online album http://www.flickr.com/photos/badmintonqueen/sets/
    Any question? please contact me : xujingdong@gmail.com or call 6043468578"

The link to the craigslist sale is here:

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/spo/1548973666.html

2. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    Good Advertisment

3. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    So emailed them about what they'd compare their top end shuttle to.

"Hi there,

Yes, HY Tournament No1 is the top one in HY Series. When compares to other major brands, it's close to Yonex AS30,Aeroplane blacklabel(EG1130), Rsl Tourney NO1 or Victor Champion NO1.

HY is the largest badminton shuttlecock producer around the world , it is so popular in China that player wound like to choose it other than those foreign brands , though HY is not famous in oversea markets.

I am living in Richmond . You are welcome to visit my house checking it out , or I could do delivery to your place or court.

Thank You!

Helen Zhou
    7540 Ash Street , Richmond BC"

IMO Aeroplane black EG1130 is comparable to AS50, AS40 on a bad batch. This alone sends off warning bells in my head. So who wants to take the plunge?

adidascanada, since you're actually in Canada, I wouldn't mind splitting the cost with you for you to test a tube. Or if anyone else wants to, I wouldn't mind splitting with them, as long as its a good review.

4. eddielee70

eddielee70 Regular Member

I bought the no 5 and no 8 shuttles from the same seller. they didn't last for a few points. look very good, but can't last( sell them here for $2-$3 tube). most of them didn't fly straight even though they look perfect. I would not buy them. some Hang yu model are very durable and fly straight. the best and cheapest are the 2008 and 2010 model, which she doesn't sell. here the some of the model listing on taobao.com below. gold #1 is 6 dollars and tourney #3 is $7/tube in china. I use 2008 $9/tube now as it last me 2-3 games. the kawasake #5 $8/ube is also very great flight but not durable even to last 1 game. you think one dollar difference would not be so great.
    http://51ymq.taobao.com/?search=y&s...dvid=&orderType=_price&viewType=&isNew=&ends=

5. eddielee70

she is also selling it here.
    http://shop.ebay.com/queen-badminton/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

in china it's $5/tube for silver #2, she is selling for $10/tube
    $6.5/tube for gold #1, she is selling for $12/tube.

some $2-$3 tube are not bad for practice and drills, much better then doing drills with broken feather victor #1. here in china till Tuesday, then it's back to Seattle. I'm going to try to get shipping cost from local postal office for a box of 50 tubes to see if I like to import them in.

#5 eddielee70, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  6. eddielee70

I think it's best that you ask him or her to send you some sample one of each model to test. sell you a tube of 12 different models with marking on them. so each one of you can test it out and see if it's worth the cost.

7. eddielee70

8. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    Special Blue is a shuttlecock made by Hoang Yen in Vietnam...

The new shuttlecock ( Special Blue) that Doug is selling on Ebay
    is a new design of the cork so it is now even better than before....

HY is a different shuttlecock that is made in China

9. wenking

wenking New Member

I bought 5 dozen HY Tournament No2 from her ,it's ture cheapest price in Canada. Living in Toronto ,still ok to add shipping cost if can't find proper place to buy birdies.

10. eddielee70

I like special blue, just not the best looking bird. the cork didn't feel right. but it last at least 2 games and fly true. better then what I can say about those HY cheap birdies. the HY tourney should be much better. "WENKING" how is the HY tourney #2 play? what do you compare it to? I might just get a case 50 tubes at $7.5/tube here in China before I head home to Seattle. I get only $900 duty free shopping.

11. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    If you check with Doug (gds_c@ymail.com) about quantity prices I am sure he can make you a deal...esp since you both are in same area...

HoangYen has been working on the new Sp Blue cork so that the new shuttlecock has better feel and flight characteristics than the old style...

#11 Karakalkat, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  12. eddielee70

thank you, I know doug. we play in the same badminton club( only one real badminton club here in Seattle) and that's how I got to know about his super blue shuttlecocks.

13. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    [Might this be better in the shuttlecocks section?]

I bought two tubes of the HY No.2 Tournament grade and tried them yesterday. We normally play with HiQua Red and mostly RSL Classic Tourney so I'll use that to compare. I steamed them from a stovetop kettle into the tube for about 1/2 minute and reseal them.

Out of the tube they seemed a touch slower for their speed 78 but it can easily be tipped to correct. Just as a note, the RSL sometimes need this tipping too. The flight consistency is about the same as the RSL. If I were very picky, it might have been barely noticeably not as consistent as the RSL. It is something that I wouldn't notice during a heated game but during a test hit.

Our RSL shuttles normally last us about 3/4 of one competitive doubles game (we continue playing with it for the rest of a game and a bit because we are cheap). So far, the HY lasts longer than the RSL. We can get one game and still use it for a bit of the next. Even when they are a bit too beat-up for the games, they fly consistent enough to be use for warm-ups and practicing.

Good thing for me, they are local so I'm going to try to buy a bunch. I'll report back if my impressions changes.

FYI, we stopped using the HiQua Red not long ago because the quality was getting a bit variable and the shipping transport resulted in some mildly crushed tubes (shipping from Hong Kong) :(

14. adidascanada

Holy..where was I? Sorry didn't know there were responses!
    Thanks guys for the input. Not gonna order right this minute but ph_leung's review makes me believe the HY No.2's seem promising.

15. Chranisa

Chranisa Regular Member

Deskpub
  16. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    I tried a tube of the top quality one vs the No.2. They do fly slightly more consistent and do last longer than the No.2. We can get one solid game out of it. There is roughly $5-6 premium between those two grades so it is not worth it for me.

Be careful with steaming the tubes. I only steam slowly over a kettle that is gently boiling until the steam comes out the other end, reverse, do the same, then cap off. I tried a minute and it messed up the feathers really bad. They "fluffed-up" on the first hit. I also tried playing with a tube without steaming it first. Bad idea --- lots of snapped feathers and less than half a game of use.

17. adidascanada

/\ Appreciate the review :)

18. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    Long term follow-up to my previous post about this HangYu shuttles. Something seems to have happened to the quality of the No.2. About a couple of months ago, these stopped lasting more than one competitive game. Another group I play with had complaints about the durability too and have tried to switch to the top grade. IMO, it did not make much of a difference. To find possible alternatives I ordered some Aeroplane EG1130 and MBS BISAI from MBS.

I mention them here to give an idea of relative durability of these HangYu shuttles.
    This is based on 2 hours of competitive play with games that last roughly 8 minutes. Average shuttles used and rough prices are indicated.

Hangyu No.2 = 10 shuttles ($12/doz). We should probably use more but we sometimes keep using them broken.
    Aeroplane EG1130 = 5 shuttles used ($24/doz). Shuttles l fly very straight even with busted feathers--keep for warmup.
    MBS BISAI = 8 shuttles used ($20/doz). If they were about $16 I would use these.

From this test over a couple of weeks, I found that it is actually slightly cheaper for us to use the top grade Aeroplane.

19. Chranisa

Chranisa Regular Member

Deskpub
    Hangyu No. 2 is not as consistant now, but for its price ... its not bad.
    For games i prefer RSL Classic or Victor green.

Depending how much you order yumo.ca sells for about $20-$24