User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, its just a thing and we can always replace it with a new one. Look at the bright side, we got good health.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up How to remember the different specifications given by Yonex

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

I think chris-ccc had one too many drinks that night!!

Perhaps it was two drinks too many.

How to remember the different specifications by Yonex:
    The grip size is denoted by "G"; the smaller the number, the larger the handle size.
    The weight is denoted by "U"; the smaller the number, the heavier the weight.

For Yonex grip size, I could only guess that G1 was their starting size. When players found that smaller grips are better for them, Yonex started G2 to bring down their grip size. Then came G3, G4, etc......

And for Yonex racket weight, again
    I could only guess that 1U was their starting weight. When players found that lighter weights are better for them, Yonex started 2U to bring down their racket weight. Then came 3U, 4U, etc......

This is how I remember the
    specifications given by Yonex.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-13-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris-ccc: glad it was a typo, i thought it could have been sarcasm

Alom: i usually dont have clashes as i know not to go for 50-50 shots.. unfortunately in this case it was mine and i took it, but my dear partner was a bit too eager

all things being said, time to look for another ns9900.. anyone wanting to part with one?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile This thread title reminds me of the hit song performed by BEE GEES

Quote Originally Posted by amfslash View Post

Chris-ccc: glad it was a typo, i thought it could have been sarcasm

No, never sarcasm from me.

Actually this thread title reminds me of the hit song performed by BEE GEES.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amfslash View Post
    Happened tonight when my backhand was met by a whole hearted smash by my partner during play. I've actually finished hitting the shuttle and stopped my racket when it was hit by the cheapo gosen at full speed, hence the maximum damage...

i almost on the court...

enjoy the carnage...
    hmm
    Your ns9900 must be one of the weaker versions mine is also 3UG3
    So far it has survived about 7 clashes, 3 of which, left chips.
    1. Clashed with amatuer, using steel racket, left two chips one at 3 oclock postition and one very small at 11 o'clock, the amateur was a bit over enthusiastic
    2. Clash with regular partner leaving rather large chip at 2 o'clock position
    3. Don't know what they were playing at, was doing a half court warm up before team event competition. I was warming up with my friend and had just played a clear, I had my racket at about waist height, with a loose forehand grip, when the person sharing the court with me attempted to play a forehand drive with racket at about 90 degree angle ( I am left handed they are right handed) and swung they're racket smacking mine out of my hand. Flying towards the net. I was angry, I think the only reason it didn't crack was due to my loose grip. Chip was caused at 7 o'clock position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanospeed rackets are pretty weak. My one broke today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to entirely hijack your thread, but I bought an NS9900 online back in November, and within 30 days it had cracked and collapsed on the side (although not as beautifully as yours), after a single clash weakened it and subsequently a backhand frame hit on the shuttle finished it off.

I sent it back to the online retailer (in China) for warranty, and they delayed for 3 months (warranty period?) before telling me that it wasn't replaceable under warranty, but now they are offering to 'fix' it for the equivalent of $15USD.

Which seems a little suspicious to me.. Have I been taken for a ride all along with perhaps a fake racquet / fake returns process / fake repair process? Can carbon fiber really be repaired?

Charles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cshlin View Post
    Not to entirely hijack your thread, but I bought an NS9900 online back in November, and within 30 days it had cracked and collapsed on the side (although not as beautifully as yours), after a single clash weakened it and subsequently a backhand frame hit on the shuttle finished it off.

I sent it back to the online retailer (in China) for warranty, and they delayed for 3 months (warranty period?) before telling me that it wasn't replaceable under warranty, but now they are offering to 'fix' it for the equivalent of $15USD.

Which seems a little suspicious to me.. Have I been taken for a ride all along with perhaps a fake racquet / fake returns process / fake repair process? Can carbon fiber really be repaired?

Charles
    Carbon fiber can be repaired to a certain degree but it will never be as strong as the original.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    Carbon fiber can be repaired to a certain degree but it will never be as strong as the original.
    Thanks Good to know!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2