2010 Melbourne University Inter-club Competition

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by MUBC Secretary, Jan 13, 2010.

1. MUBC Secretary

MUBC Secretary Regular Member

Hi guys,

The Melbourne University Sports Centre is in the process of organizing a Victoria-wide inter-club competition for 2010. This competition will be open to all the clubs in Victoria.

Here are some preliminary details:

Venue: Melbourne University Sports Centre
    Frequency: Fortnightly
    Time: Sunday, 1pm-5pm
    Format: to be determined, maybe team based round robin?
    Cost: to be determined
    Starting date: around May or June

Each club is allowed to send in multiple teams. The level of the competition will be A and/or Open grades.

Please let me know whether you are interested. :)

Thanks a lot.

2. badcliq

badcliq Regular Member

A & Open...meaning hundreds will be left out.

However, it could be a good start to get this culture going.

3. MUBC Secretary

Well, the idea is that each club will be represented by their best players.

However, if this tournament is successful, it may be extended to lower grades.

MUBC Secretary.

4. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Patrick, you should have stated at the bottom then moved up ... have a C garde competition first :)

How long is the competition season going to be? and will there be a home and away game or are all games to be played at Melbourne Uni. Personally i dont like playing at Melbourne Uni cause of the parking ;)

.. anyway you didnt mention any incentive like a big trophy, $1000000 cash prize or romantic dinner date with Jerry :)

5. MUBC Secretary

I wish I could start from the lower grades, however, that's unlikely due to the requirement of MUS. :)

We can possibly have 2 seasons each year, and the idea is to play all the games at Melbourne Uni. Don't worry about the parking, all the matches will be on Sunday, and all the street parking is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE on Sundays!

There may be a trophy, but not cash prize. The romantic dinner date with Jerry can be arranged by request. :D

At this stage, the format of the competition has not been decided yet, so we could possibly have 2 grades, and you can play too!

So, are Titans in?

MUBC Secretary

6. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler

How many players in a team?
    Is this a mix competition?
    I'll play, but unfortunately I've been ban from speaking on Titans or any other badminton club/asssociation's behalf :mad:

7. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I will leave it up to our players if they wish to enter a team. By having only A and Open grade you are effectively running another State Pennant competition. You may have to rethink the timing as well, I think it will clash with the State Pennant !!!

Disclaimer : Vien does not represent the views of Titans Badminton Club. If you wish to follow his ways, I warn you, this will be detrimental to your badminton career (if you wish to have one) and will alienate you from the rest of the badminton community. The path of the trophy hunter is lonely and ultimately unfulfilling.:D

8. MUBC Secretary

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the advice. The main purpose of the competition is to give the top players an opportunity for an affordable, regular, almost-year-long competition. However, if the interest is too low, then we probably will open the door wider. :)

Thanks a lot. So, are you interested?

MUBC Secretry