Slippery string - BG66 max

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Xuser, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Is the BG66 string "slippery"? My stringer told me it was the most slippery string he ever strung.
    I had my Yonex Z-slash recently strung at 26lbs with the BG66 max but it didn't feel right. My previous BG66 string with the same tension and racquet felt tight, good power and had a high pitch sound, but not this BG66 max.

2. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    No take on this? Are there any stringers who have experienced the same thing?

3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

If I remember correctly the feel specification of BG66M is supposed to be soft, sort of similar to BG65 and CBG100 while BG66 is of medium feel. Naturally you should feel that it is not as tight or stiff at the same tension but you should be able to get more control and slightly more power.

Although a probable case is that your stringer slipped slightly while tensioning the string and thus you may not exactly be at your requested 26lbs tension thus giving you a slightly looser feel.

4. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Makes sense

Ok, that sure makes more sense. I thought BG66 and BG66max should feel the same. When I had my Z-slash strung with BG66 @ 27lbs, it sure felt very tight and the sound was a high pitch sound. Really nice. Thought the BG66max will feel the same.