INA Framework Team for Thomas/Uber Cup Preliminaries

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup 2010 Preliminaries' started by bennydut, Jan 15, 2010.

1. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    It is taken from the printed version of National Newspaper, Kompas, translated by google translator.

http://cetak.kompas.com/read/xml/2010/01/16/04102395/pbsi.bentuk.kerangka.tim

PBSI Forms Framework Team
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 | 04:10 pm

Jakarta, Kompas - The Executive Board of The Badminton Association of Indonesia has established the framework for the team Thomas Cup and Uber Cup will follow the qualifying round in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, 21-28 Februari future. The plan, PB PBSI will officially announce the squad on Tuesday (19 / 1).

"The framework is already established team. The coaches are finalizing plans materials that players will be announced next Tuesday, "said Secretary-General PB PBSI Jacob Rusdianto, Friday (15 / 1).

According to Jacob, the majority of the team members were still filled the names of players who have ranked the world and take shelter in Pelatnas Cipayung. However, there are also players who are outside Pelatnas special Cipayung called for strengthening the Thomas and Uber Cup.

Uber team, PB PBSI called women's singles players from Djarum club, Maria Febe Kusumastuti. The team of Thomas, PB PBSI entered Djarum club players, Dyonisius Hayom Rumbaka.

"They call us only for Thomas Cup and Uber. However, it is also possible that they entered Pelatnas by March next, "said Jacob.

Maria Febe Friday's practice with women's singles coach, Marlev Mainaky, and his assistant, Thomas Indrajaya. In the BWF world ranking lists, Mary Phoebe was in a position to-27. The ranking is still better than the players Pelatnas Cipayung, Maria Kristin Yulianti, who was in a position to-53.

According to Thomas, Maria Febe is projected to be the second single. Position spearheading the first single will be entrusted to Adriyanti Firdasari, which ranked 16th. As for Maria Kristin became the third single. "This composition will be quite beneficial because kuncinyanya most likely be in the hands of Maria Kristin," Thomas said.

In the doubles, paired Shendy Puspa Irawati / Meliana Jauhari will be the spearhead. The second layer is filled Krishinda Nitya Maheswari / Greysia Polii. "We also have Liliyana Natsir alternatives that could be included between the couple. This composition will we try in Kejurnas in Surabaya end of this month, "continued Thomas.

Meanwhile, for the Thomas Cup team, which ranked Hayom Dyonisius to-30 Championships projected as the third single. He will cover Simon Santoso and Sony Dwi Kuncoro.

In the doubles pair Markis Kido / Hendra Setiawan become a mainstay. For the second double, a pair Bona Septano / Mohammad Ahsan.

Opportunities open

Problem opportunity for Indonesia to qualify, Chairman subfields Pelatnas Christian Hadinata said Indonesia is an open opportunity. "For the Uber Cup team was a little heavy. However, with the emergence of Malaysia was not acting as host, a little less competition, "he said.

So far the group draw for the qualifying round was not done Championships. Indonesia toughest opponent candidates, among them, are Korea, Japan, Thailand, and Hong Kong. (OTW)

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Looks like it the best formation Indonesia can offer at the moment, beside no TH on the team again
    Is Hayom be the new hero we are all waiting to replace? I hope so

3. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Basically Indonesia did not had a very strong third single. Hayom or Tommy Sugiarto just the same quality. But so does most of other countries.

Malaysia, Korea, Thailand, etc etc etc. Our third singles had chance to win against all other countries third single.

Denmark had a good experience third single in Joachim Persson. Hard to beat him. And China had Bao Chunlai.

Except TH coming back and Sonny or Simon play third single.

But I am 100% sure Indoesia will qualify easily into Thomas Cup final . (Not to mention China and host malaysia did not compete in this preliminaries)

I am not so sure with the Uber Cup. Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore and Indonesia will compete for three tickets only to the final. (Fourth place had to play off with European team number 4)

Nooo. I just read that team Asia number 4 and Europe number 4 will not had a play off but will be choose one team btween them had the highest total ranking.

OMG!!!!! How lame. Ranking cannot determined how good a team was. We all know that one player or pair can had very good ranking by just playing all the events even if they lost in first and second round. Not to mention playing in team event totally different than playind individual.

Really with so many vacant weeks for tournament, surely both Asia and European team 4 can host a play off somewhere rather than qualify based on LAME ranking alone.

Why BWF bother to host Uber and Thomas Cup then? Just give it to the team who had the highest total rankings!

Except for a weaker Singapore, other 6 teams had the same chances to win these 3 tickets.

#3 hcpoirot, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Both INA squads should qualify..

..but come the real deal, i think their target should just be to reach the Semifinals Rd.
    Frankly speaking:
    For Men's squad, the only consistent or reliable player(s)/pair(s) is Markis Kido & Hendra S.
    For Women's squad, i don't see any consistent or reliable player(s)/pair(s).

5. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

If im not mistaken, Indonesia have not won the Thomas cup title since 2002 while China have won it 3 times in a row. Which country do you guys think will win it this year? I believe it will be held in KL

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Which country will win it all??..^^

well, a question which should give a good hint is: which country has the top 3 MS players??..and will be going for their back-to-back-to-back-to-back Thomas Cup??
    Yes, KL, specifically Putra Stadium will be rockin' & rollin' come this May. Please hover on over to the 2010 Tournaments section to see the pre-Thomas Cup hype..:cool:

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree with hcpoirot... INA's Thomas Cup team has a very good chance to enter the finals in Kuala Lumpur... while our Uber Cup team, mmm.... a bit hard... [though not impossible]

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Will Lin Dan in China's team?

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^What does your gut feeling say??..^^

..has Lin Dan retired from the national team??..:confused:

10. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Who knows? Maybe he will get married next week to a US citizen and become a US citizen himself instantly :)
    c'mon this is what forum is for, sharing some info

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^No such thing..^^

..as instant citizenship, esp. for U.S. (at least 3 yrs, if lucky, 2 yrs);)
    Off topic:
    Btw, i know there are Indonesians who are U.S. citizens (holding U.S. passport) but at the same time still hold their Indonesian passport, which is illegal in Indonesian law.:eek:

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Ok maybe lin dan got injured, you see there are tons of possibilities that he may not play. Your question if Lin Dan has retired from nat team is almost irrelevant to put it the least.

Off topic:
    I guess as long as those indonesians are not illegeal in the U.S then we dont have anything to worry about, I would mind my own business :)

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

What's the possibility of Lin Dan missing in action for this yr's Thomas Cup??

Yes, there are other possibilities for him not playing (e.g. injuries).
    But the (your) original question was: Will Lin Dan in China's team?
    I can't predict the future, nor can you or anyone else know what'll happen. So, last time checked, is he still in the national team? The answer should answer your question.:cool:

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

It does not matter if Lin Dan was in the nat team last time around. What if he got injured yesterday or last week? Thats not predicting the future, its knowing what just may had happend.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^So..^^

..when you asked this question:
    "Will Lin Dan in China's team?"

What's your point in asking? What are you trying to ask?
    Or are you trying to find out if Lin Dan gets injured before the Thomas Cup, someone else will replace him?..If that's the question, then i'm sure you and most of us know the answer.

I'm sure you (and most of us) know barring injuries or Lin Dan going AWOL, he'll still be part of China's national team, correct??..

Or maybe this question would answer your question:
    "Do you expect Lin Dan to be in China's team for the Thomas Cup tourney??"

Or maybe our cooler and suetyan can give us the answer??..:confused:

#15 ctjcad, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Im cool bro...

I think you fully understand what my original question supose to mean. Who in this world can guarantee that Lin Dan will play in the next Thomas cup for China. If Lin Dan got injured yesterday maybe only a few people will know, certainly not for us here outside China. And if thats the case, he's maybe out of the team for the Thomas cup.
    Correct, I could have put my question into better wording, but I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to understand what it really means.
    For for the mass benefit of this forum, one should consider how to create a healthy and informative discussion. In that regards I dont think I have violated the standards.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Off topic-So..^^

..the answer to your question is??...
    ..the answer to my question is???.

Yes, the question could be applied to any player, not just LinDan.
    Will LCW be in MAS team?
    Will WYH be in CHN team?
    Will Sony DK be in INA team?

LD is important, but he's not the entire team. Should BCL and CJ get injured or fall sick before or during the tourney, then what??..why the focus solely on Lin Dan?

lastly:
    Will BC be around when the T&UC arrive?..

18. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

My respond: I dont think i should respond to ctjcad at this stage. We are all grown up and mature enough to understand each other and make comment appropriately, and therefore i leave it other BCers and readers to judge.

19. sen

sen Regular Member

It is still a few months away and we don't know who will be fit to play.
    Difficult to predict now.

Interesting fact to note is that :

Fact no 1 : Indonesia has won Thomas Cup in every decade(except the 1940s, the first Thomas Cup competition in 1949)

Fact no 2 : The longest streak Thomas Cup is not in Indonesia is 8 years, 1986-1994 (i.e. INA won 1984, then only won it again in 1994). The last time Indonesia won is 2002. So now 2010, if Indonesia can not win it, this record would be broken

Fact no 3 : Indonesia has 6 presidents up to now. The first five have all experience Thomas Cup glory(Yes, even Habibie and Gus Dur short reign). However, SBY has not.

20. copadh

copadh Regular Member

Seems like Hayom is out of INA team. He lost to Tommy in a selection match. Not sure what the match is determined, for 3rd or 4th singles (considering TH is back to team). The rooster will be publish at 17:00 Jakarta time, right after PBSI send the list to BWF. Today is the dealine for entry by name.

.....why they should wait for the deadline?...