kinds of feathers

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Tony Sun, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Tony Sun

Tony Sun Regular Member

sales manager
    Just list out some different kinds of feathers for all freinds to share
    1. Natual Goose feather shuttlecock (everyone know it)
    2. Whiten goose feather shuttlecock (originally the feathers are black, the feathers are whitened by some special methods); Black feather shuttlecocks are not easily to be accepted, so the merchants think out a method to whiten the black feathers into white ones
    3. Stretched goose feather shuttlecock (originally the feathers are curved, not straight; if the shuttlecocks are made by curved feathers, the shape will be not nice, and certainly people will define it as low grade shuttlecocks.) In order to get more profit, merchants stretch the feathers by machine, and make out the shuttlecocks. Thus the feathers are very thin, but the shape is better now.
    4. Cigu duck feather; one kind of duck feathers, which most players think it is the best amont duck shuttlecocks
    5. Teng duck feather; the second one, sometimes shuttlecock manufacturers will mix Cigu duck and Teng duck feathers together, but it is a little difficult to distinguish them.
    6. Taiwan duck feather; durability close to Cigu duck and Teng duck feathers, also a good choice.
    7.Cherry duck feather, good flexibility, but the feathers are small, and the durability is next to Tend duck feather
    8. Water duck feather/Teal duck feather; durability is next to Cherry duck feather, and the feather color is a little yellowish.

Do you know which one is used for your shuttlecocks?

2. neohenry

neohenry Regular Member

Interesting information.

Perhaps you can show us some images for the different types of feathers?

3. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

Wow, that's a lot of feather info, personally I never knew of feathers stretch to straighten its original curvature.

Water ducks' feather too? Absolutely no idea as I thought they are much smaller than regular ducks.

I think I've seen at least once...those dark brownish feather shuttles, I just didn't bother asking because in my mind I thought it was just an unsual kind of plastic shuttle that resembles so much like feather.

Next time, I'll definitely ask:D.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Ornithology

i wonder, would shuttlecock be cheaper (and stronger) if it is not bleached white and leave them as natural black or grey? Over here where most badminton halls have white walls and ceiling, we don't mind those natural colored shuttles.

I have played dyed blue, black and yellow feather cocks, and yellow mavis 300.

5. Tony Sun

Tony Sun Regular Member

sales manager
    You can't judge the difference from the pictures. I will show you some pictures now. Generally, most clients even can't distinguish goose and duck feathers. Every client visiting our factory will get a face-to-face explanation of the difference, with the feathers on hand.

Attached Files:

6. Tony Sun

Tony Sun Regular Member

sales manager
    Yes, these are just different kinds of feathers, and for each kind, there are different shape, like all-around/big-borad/middle-broade/half-cut, and for each kind feathers and each kind shapes, there are different grades, grade one-two/three/four-five etc
    Water duck feather material is a little smaller than other duck feathers, but the shuttlecocks are same size as other ducks.

Dark brownish feather shuttlecocks? Do you mean plastic shuttlecocks? Natural feather shuttlecock have dark feather shuttlecock (one kind of goose).

7. Tony Sun

Tony Sun Regular Member

sales manager
    TO COOLER
    yes, you are right. Natural black goose feather shuttlecock is cheaper and stronger than bleached goose feather. But most clients don't want black goose shuttlecock because of the color. When we play black shuttlecock, it is uneasy to see it and play it. But if in the day, it should be ok to use.

8. michael23

michael23 Regular Member

Do you sell to normal customers in small quantities or do you require OEM sized orders? If so, can you PM me a price list and description? Your website (English version) is not very descriptive.

9. Tony Sun

Tony Sun Regular Member

sales manager
    TO: Michael 23
    Regarding order, I don't want to discuss in the forum. Here we just discuss shuttlecock problem and find some good soluation, or persent some advice. If you show interest in ordering, you can talk with me by email/MSN/Skype.
    My Email: fly7829@yahoo.com
    MSN: fly7829@hotmail.com