trick shots

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by nobrained loser, Jan 16, 2010.

1. nobrained loser

nobrained loser Regular Member

engineer/welder
    after readin a lot of threads in here,,im begininning to think i am out of my depth as a player :crying:,,,,,after recently watchin peter gade on utube performing some trick shots,,,,how often does he perform these in matches and what is his sucess rate when he tries these shots in games

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    He performs them sometimes but am sure he could do them all match, the prob is they are used to trick ur opponent. If they are used all the time, they wont trick the opponent.

And with regards to your 1st comment, all I can say is practice, practice practice :D

Good luck

3. druss

druss Regular Member

trick shots are low percentage shots so pro's don't use them in game very often. the problem with a lot of trick shots is that it leaves you out of position if the opposition can return it. Also, even those good at trick shots don't play them as tight to the net as their normal shots consistantly.

4. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Out of all the backhand cross-court net shots Gade has played in tournaments, his trick-shot version probably accounts for less than one in 1000.

The "standard" cross-court net shot is more accurate and allows you to take the shuttle earlier.

It's still a wonderful shot, and I think it's worth learning just for the sheer fun of it. :D The forehand version is pretty difficult. :eek:

#4 Gollum, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  5. nobrained loser

engineer/welder
    ill have to improve my backhand before i can start tryin trick shots with my backhand,,lol

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I find that playing the gade crosscourt trickon the forhand easier than the backhand:confused:

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    on his forehand trick shot, i havent seen him use that in a real game situation before

9. runningpig001

runningpig001 Regular Member

most of the trick shots need you to be in position very early, which does not happen much in the game time. Also, usually you have some other much safer choice.

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

yeah maybe, I will try an get a match against someone not as good as me and then play some "trick shots" if you want. (I only have about 5 trick shots anyway)

11. nobrained loser

engineer/welder
    i dont have any trick shots,,lol

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

well when I say trickshots, I can play through the leg defense when defending a smash or drop. I can play this shot where you are at the back of the court and you swing the racket as if you are playing an overhead shot, and deliberatly miss the shuttle and play it through your legs, I can also defend shots played down the backhand side and you play the shot with your racket behind your back, I also can use deception and some other things, I haven't mastered these shots yet but I am geting there.
    I don't think I haven't explained it well so you might need a video to see what I am talking about