Yonex AC147ex Antibacterial Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Jing09, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    Well, I've checked and believe there aren't any threads on this type of grip.

So yeah, what are your thoughts about this antibacterial super grap? Does it actually live up to its antibacterial function? I read that when the design of the grip fades, it indicates that you ought to change your grip, which I think is quite interesting. Haven't use it yet though for I still have normal super graps.

My friend got this in Taiwan. I am wondering what the price of this grip is over there. I've checked a tennis site and it says it's 4.99 euros, or about 7 US dollars.

Attached Files:

2. Alom

Alom Regular Member

I wonder what kind of bacteria it kills :D Its supposed to neutralises odour! I didn't think that many badminton players had a hand smell problem :D

3. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    just spray dettol on your grip

'Dettol kills 99.99% of common house hold germs'

:D

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

you watch too much tv :D

5. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    the AC147 grips are also available in pink :p

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    what is dettol

Dettol Antiseptic Liquid Disinfectant (also called parachlorometaxylenol, or PCMX) is the name of commercial liquid and solid antiseptic products belonging to a household product line manufactured by Reckitt Benckiser.

The traditional liquid product is a light yellow colour, but becomes milky white when diluted in water. This diluted mixture can be used to clean cuts etc.

The active ingredient which defines its unique antiseptic property is an aromatic chemical compound known as chloroxylenol (C8H9ClO). This makes up 4.8% of Dettol's total mixture,[1][2] with the rest composed of pine oil, isopropanol, castor oil soap, caramel, and water. Because several of the ingredients are insoluble in water, Dettol produces a white emulsion of oil droplets when diluted during use. Apart from its low toxicity and low metal corrosivity, it is also relatively cheap compared to other disinfectants.[citation needed]

Dettol can also be used to treat acne in small quantities.[3] Its topical application is a remedy for boils (skin abscess).[citation needed]

Like other household cleaners, Dettol is poisonous and should not be ingested. In an extreme case, a forty-two-year-old English man died from Dettol overexposure in May 2007.[4].

Dettol is also commonly used in Queensland, Australia, to kill feral Cane Toads (Bufo marinus), also known as the Giant Neotropical Toad or Marine Toad. Toads may be sprayed with a solution of Dettol or dabbed with the liquid.[citation needed] The substance is rapidly absorbed through the toad's skin causing sudden death as a result of toxic shock
    ---------------------------------------------

ahhh, that aromatic aroma, it brings back my childhood memory when my parents using this stuff to bathe me:D

Attached Files:

#6 cooler, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  7. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

This grip also comes in Black w/ a silver pattern. I've tried the white/gray pattern one previously out of curiosity. Anyways, don't bother because if your grip stink after prolong use, the better solution is to just replace the grip instead of relying on this grip to kill odor.

This grip costs more so the savings can be used to replace w/ a regular grip more often. Also, if you are supposed to change the grip when the design fades then, from personal experience, this is not a long time. Long-term this grip costs more money for minimal (if any) additional extra benefit.

Just my two cents.

8. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    Furthermore, it's quite ugly IMO.

9. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
  10. GEEGEEGEE

GEEGEEGEE Regular Member

I've used the White w/ Blue pattern. I'm not sure if it's the anti-bacterial properties at work or not, but the grip turns quite yellow after a while. So I switched over to the Black w/ Silver pattern....at least I won't see the grip turning yellow yuck!

11. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    wow, i'm looking forward to that :]

haha, yeah, i am trying this out of curiosity too. besides, I don't think they sell these grips in the US, and i am not going to try to order online. so in the end, i won't be spending a large sum of money.

12. visor

visor Regular Member

I suppose if it's a demo racket, this overgrip is useful... but for anyone's personal racket, why bother? Was there a problem that required this solution to begin with? All that matters to me is how effective the grip is...