Best racket for control

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by stefanosx, Jan 17, 2010.

1. stefanosx

stefanosx Regular Member

student
    I am looking which racket is best in the control of the shuttle??

2. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    NS8000 -no doubt ! it is also quick as well. lack abit of power but you cant have it all I guess

3. David_Allan

David_Allan Regular Member

that or the at900t i would say and string it quite high

4. stefanosx

stefanosx Regular Member

student
    i have now arc10 and i find it very good in control.

What to you think stiff or flexible rackets is better in control, if a racket is head heavy or head light effects at control.

5. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

IMO, Head light racket with more flexible shaft should have better control generally

6. Alom

Alom Regular Member

I think that when it comes down to control, most of it is down to the person’s skill. I believe that racket/strings have a very small factor (but they do assist). You can get good control out of all balance/weight/flex rackets. You just have to practice with that racket. Control won’t appear magically when changing or switching rackets :D

I think that if a person is used to playing with a stiff head heavy racket, because of being comfortable with that racket, they will get better control out of that than if they abruptly switched to a flexible racket.

I personally find that the best control comes from a stiff to extra stiff shaft racket (I don’t find balance important). I choose these two flex because the shaft will not bend that much on impact and you can accurate place the shot (in comparison to a flexible shaft).

Off the topic - staiger, I had a friend who used to worship his NS8k and he also found that it lacked power. He had that racket from its original UK release date. He recently tried my Tantrum 200 and has gone and bought a T200. He has stopped using his NS8k. He said that he felt the T200 filled the gap that the NS8k was leaving exposed.

7. stnly

stnly Regular Member

^Agree with Alom, stiff shaft is important. Although I think head-light balance would be easier, but will have less power.

Eg. NS8k,9k,9.9k, AT900T

8. Alom

Alom Regular Member

With headlight rackets, in theory it should be easier for transition of a shot. But it all depends on what you have played with and what you are comfortable with.

9. ice_dragon

ice_dragon Regular Member

Student
    IMO, aren't light rackets depedant on mainly risk power?

if so you can just have as much power even if its light?

10. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

what's mainly risk power? :S
    if you men wrist then i don't think so, you'll swing your arm anyway, this is where head heavy rackets have the advantage of power...
    simple physics if the center of mass is further away from the axis of rotation you will have more momentum when you strike the shuttle... the problem is how much time you have for your swing and how well you swing it..

#10 milford30, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  11. Alom

Alom Regular Member

Even with headlight rackets, you can get power out of them. Depends on your technique/hand-eye co-ordination and your wrist/arm strength (plus many other factors :p).

A lot of pros were using the NS9000X/S and were getting amazing power out of them.

12. Alom

Alom Regular Member

I think ice_dragon means wrist power.

13. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    I tried one of my friend's Tantrum 200 as well for about 30-40mins 2 weeks ago and thats exactly what I thought as well . It just fill in that gap that is missing from the ns8000, they are both great at control (although I still think the 8000 has better control ), great feel/touch , they both are extremely quick racket and work wonder in defense as well as attack. It is just that bit of power missing compare with the Tantrum 200. Why did you think I asked you if you are selling your Tantrum 200 last week ....(it is Out of stock everywhere)

I am now using the NS8000 (gold) ,I found that it has abit more power/bite than the old version ....

By the way , your friend got a good taste for rackets :D

14. David_Allan

David_Allan Regular Member

i love head light rackets.

as i ued to be a swimmer i have a very strong overhead and i find that they offer me more control than a medium head light racket

15. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Dunlop Aerogel 5000

with string tension 26lb.

16. Alom

Alom Regular Member

My friends having good taste is up for debate :p:p:D
    Nah, the NS8000 is a good racket. In regards to my Tantrum 200, that babys not leaving me anytime soon :D (Might be getting another one this weekend as a swap from another player :D)

17. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

you can get it here
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-APACS-TANTR...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2558364fe7

18. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    which racket are you doing the swap with ? may I ask .....and are you using your tantrum 200 as your main racket ? (how is the BS11..Is it up to your expectation :D ) ?

19. Alom

Alom Regular Member

I use the T200 as main in XD and the Ultra II as main in MD. I was going to swap for my Trinity MK1, but eventually didn't because condition of the other persons T200 wasnt great. I've only used the BS11 for one test session and then sold it, found it too flex for my liking.

20. geokos

geokos Regular Member

I switched from Yonex to Wilson and started using their (K)factor series of racquets. I started with the model (K) Strike. It was good for power play. Once they were broken. I bought 2 (K) Lite models. Since I play doubles I fought the (K) Lite for controlled play. The (K) Lite racquet is the lightest I have ever used. At 80 grams, you don't feel the weight of the racquet especially when you have long gruelling rallies. Also support your quick reflex movements to create some moments of magic.

I strongly vouch for Wilson, though their availability in India is not good. Yonex is highly available across India but I find the price too high for their latest racquets. In that sense Wilson offers latest technology advanced racquets for a reasonable price which makes it good value for money.