Ti10 n MP77 - Which is better?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ALI, Nov 29, 2002.

1. ALI

ALI Regular Member

Student
    Hi. I've done a search using "MP77 Ti10", but didn't find much results that I want, so I hope I'm not posting a duplicate here.

Recently, I've got a MP77 and I've already owned a Ti10. I'm wondering I'll use which one as my main racket. It's unfair to judge that MP77 after using it just a few times right, because when I first tried Ti10, I had big trouble adjusting to it, but I still say "go on!" Finally, after about a year, I found the touch and really love that Ti10.

Erm, I like to hear views from both what Yonex officially says and what all of you feels about that MP77. If MP77 is really great, then I'll spend more time with it and make it my main racquet. If not, then I'll still use Ti10 more often and I'll put the MP77 as backup. Ya, before I forget, I'm more of a player who hit smashes, cuts and drives. I'm good at the net, but I'm a little bit weaker at the backcourt, most probably due to my slower footwork. My overhead backhand is not good either.

Thanks!

2. elepin

elepin Regular Member

mp 77 or ti 10??

im a double player, offensive type. i want to buy one of that raquet, coz i see alot of
    offensive player use ti 10 or mp 77. if u have try that raquet please give sugestion about that...3u or 2u thanks... ;)

3. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    Ti-10 2U. Better made, powerful enough and with better control than MP77.

4. TheGr8One

TheGr8One Regular Member

University Student (CS)
    Ti 10~!!! It's the top of the line racket, whereas MP77 is not(there's MP99/MP100). Not a compelling reason however ;)

There's only minor differences are in power(which does not matter, since YOU produce the power) and control, which is subjective(YOU control the racket hopefully, not the racket control you), it seems Ti 10 feels somewhat better. You might feel differently, so swing both around and decide for yourself.

I'm biased towards the Ti racket being more "durable", since I had a Ti 7 for very long time and has not broken after many clashes, and my MP77 broke in a clash within 2 months of purchase. But this is my experience, it might not be true in general that MP rackets s are less durable than Ti rackets.

Either 2U or 3U will be fine. 2U may be slightly more powerful, but 3U is slightly more manuevrable, which aids in defending against smashes. If you are really aggressive, go with 2U. IF you want a better balance between offense and defense, go with 3U. I would choose 3U.

5. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I have a ti-10 3u, i've used both the old version of the mp77, i think it was 2u. And the new one, the 3u version. Overall, I prefer my ti-10 over the other racquets...why? Well, I won't say because it is the "top of the line racquet" or anything like that. It's just that I'm more comfortable with the ti-10 than the mp77. As long as I'm comfortable using the racquet, then I'll use it.

6. elepin

elepin Regular Member

thanks.. coz i already try ti 10 2u.. i like it. and im not try mp 77 yet, how about mp 33??? is avaliable in 2u?? thankyou all coz ur really help me to chosing a new raquet

7. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

If you like the ti-10, then I say just stick with it.

8. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

Wowww seems that there is a lot of people in the Ti-10 fan club He-He-He. If you considering Ti-10 why don't you look at Mp-99, it's about the same price.

They are both very good racquet but only you can exactly tell wich one is better for you. Oh yeah, I'm a Ti-10 user and it rocks!

9. TheGr8One

TheGr8One Regular Member

University Student (CS)
    MP33 is in 3U only. You might want to give that a try..it's certainly cheapest. It's been popular(i remember someone posting about this being popular for U19, and second most popular was MP99), so I expect it to be worth a look.

Of course, a lot of pros use Ti 10 compared to MP77, not that it matters ;) Also no pros are using MP33 either.

10. elepin

elepin Regular Member

Thanks Brave.. but in my country mp 99 is most expensive raquet, the price more than mp 100. mp 100 is Rp 1.100.000 about US130 and mp 99 is Rp 1.700.000 about US 200. so i look for ti 10 or mp 77 its Rp 900.000.for info, i try mp 100 for 10 min but i dont really like it. in my club none use mp 99 so i cannot try that raquet, i dont think i will buy that expensive raquet too

11. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Interesting.

MP99 have become the most popular Yonex racket here in Australia, over taking even the MP100 and Ti-5/7s.

12. elepin

elepin Regular Member

mp33 and ti 10

have u ever try ti 10 3 u or mp 33 3u?? how about the feelling of that raquet??:rolleyes: next week i will buy one of that;)

13. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Sorry haven't tried 3U version of Ti-10 before. As a matter of fact 3U rackets are hard to come by where I play.

14. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

mm

i have used both b4.. get ti-10.. mp77 abit hard to use..

15. elepin

elepin Regular Member

My Ti 10 2U G5 coming today.. ;) cant wait to try :rolleyes: Thaks for your input.. :)

16. fengtai42

fengtai42 Regular Member

diff bet ti 10 and muscle power 77

hi.....i was just wondering wat the diff bet ti 10 and muscle power 77??? which 1 is better huh??? need yr advice on this any1.....thanks

17. jeffreyk

jeffreyk Regular Member

they are totally different types of rackets!

Ti10 - Head heavy & very stiff
    MP77 - Even balance & medium stiff

For me, I play better using a Ti10.

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    To me, I think MP77 is even more head heavier than Ti-10. Plus, I can't use either of them. :cool:

19. lalanthier

lalanthier Regular Member

Student
    I have a Ti-10. Stiff, and (very) head heavy if you don't add on an overgrip.

MP77 I heard was a heavy version of the MP99...which was why so many people perfered it because it was so much cheaper, but roughly the same build. I heard it the MP77 was just a bit less stiff than the MP99/MP100, but most people seem to agree it's a pretty heavy racquet...compared to the light racquets I guess...

20. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    MP77 is Heavy version of the MP99??
    No, it's not. Both of them have 2U and 3U options, in case if you don't know what those mean you can do a search.

MP77 is also less stiff and has no Ultimum Ti in the Frame (MP77 only has it in shaft). The feelings of those two are different, too. MP77 is used most likely for power, but MP99 is used for its control supremacy.