User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    I hope Taufik is ready to run a badminton academy. It will absorb his time and energy. He also needs to master organizational skills, financial management skills, talent scouting skills... And if many MANY things go wrong or not go his way, I hope he can still 'keep focusing his eye on the ball'... Club/academy management is not as easy as many people thought. It can be a lot of fun and it can be a rewarding activity, but many things [oftentime PBSI induced] will frustrate many club owners to feel helpless and just give up...
    i hope TH is able to find good managers/superviors with organizational skills.
    Running a training center this big require more than just good coaches. I do wish him success in this venture.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..maybe a joint venture with PB Djarum or another established club is not a bad idea??..whaddaya think??

Btw, does Taufik need to "actually run" the facility? Can't he hire someone, or several people, more experienced to manage the club & do the other task(s)??
    TH did hire some people to run the facility and beside that TH has few business adventures as well...he is a smart guy..

Beside TH, Candra wijaya will have his academy ready by this year or next year...Rexy and Ricky's joint venture ( backed by another Tycoon in Batam) in Batam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Okay..^^

- That's a good plan by Taufik to hire other folks to help him run the facility.
    - Maybe all 4 of them could work together and build a joint venture.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- That's a good plan by Taufik to hire other folks to help him run the facility.
    - Maybe all 4 of them could work together and build a joint venture.
    TH does a solid Management..he does this seriously...
    Too bad I cant attach the picture of his future badminton academy..my laptop here in HKG wont allow me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Can send it to me..^^

..through email. I'll send you a PM and give my email address.
    *Oh, so you're back in HK already??..I sent a couple of SMS msgs a couple days ago..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Okay, here is the conceptual pic/rendering of Taufik's new facility..

..(courtesy of Hau-ge). Bottom picture is taken/shown in another thread (posted by CLELY)/article (see link on pg.1 of this thread)..
    I must say the design looks more like the clubhead (of a golf club) or the blade (of a hockey stick)..
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by ctjcad; 02-03-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice indeed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..(courtesy of Hau-ge). Bottom picture is taken/shown in another thread (posted by CLELY)/article (see link on pg.1 of this thread)..
    I must say the design looks more like the clubhead (of a golf club) or the blade (of a hockey stick)..
    how about a golf putter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    I believe TH already has enough experience dealing with PBSI.
    He had A LOT of experience... but oftentimes not pleasant experiences...

..maybe a joint venture with PB Djarum or another established club is not a bad idea??..whaddaya think??
    I can't see how Djarum or another club can benefit from a joint venture with Taufik. What can he substantially give to the top clubs? All of the top INA clubs have adequate funding, good coaches, has a loonnnnggg history of producing top players and attracting top talents... decades before Taufik was even born...

I like the modern design...
    Last edited by Krisna; 02-04-2010 at 05:30 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmmm..

I can't see how Djarum or another club can benefit from a joint venture with Taufik. What can he substantially give to the top clubs? All of the top INA clubs have adequate funding, good coaches, has a loonnnnggg history of producing top players and attracting top talents... decades before Taufik was even born...
    ..i was thinking the opposite. I know he's a very smart guy but since this is his first time of really venturing in this type of business and as you brought up in your earlier post, running a club "is not as easy as many people thought", perhaps other established clubs (maybe smaller and not as prominent as say PB Djarum) could offer their wealth of experience or expertise to Taufik. If not permanent, then just as a start??..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..i was thinking the opposite. I know he's a very smart guy but since this is his first time of really venturing in this type of business and as you brought up in your earlier post, running a club "is not as easy as many people thought", perhaps other established clubs (maybe smaller and not as prominent as say PB Djarum) could offer their wealth of experience or expertise to Taufik. If not permanent, then just as a start??..
    A good business relationship and a good partnership has to be based on a win-win proposition where both parties benefit. Of course Taufik will benefit, but what will be his contribution to the club that gives him assistance? If not much, then the foundation of a partnership is fragile or probably base-less...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

business is business. Why give out business/operation advice to your potential competitor? Is this offer of advice complimentary??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up It's great that TH is contributing back to Badminton

..(courtesy of Hau-ge).

Bottom picture is taken/shown in another thread (posted by CLELY)/article (see link on pg.1 of this thread).

Thanks for the pic. Yes, the building design sure looks very modern.

It should be interesting to see how it will be set up; I mean the coaching programme for this Badminton School.

Personally, I find it's great that TH is contributing back to Badminton, after what Badminton has provided for TH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    business is business. Why give out business/operation advice to your potential competitor? Is this offer of advice complimentary??
    Exactly, cooler... A club helping Taufik with operational/consultancy assitance with not much in return... seems like a one way relationship... It won't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i were TH i would do it differently. But setting up a court/hall is a must. The hall looks a little weird. Dont know who is the designer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a look at the conceptual picture of th's facility can tell what's was on his mind before he started this project.

if well run, the future major winner(s) will be from here - possibly in 2020..unless there are more magicians down there to speed up the results..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Well, then..

A good business relationship and a good partnership has to be based on a win-win proposition where both parties benefit. Of course Taufik will benefit, but what will be his contribution to the club that gives him assistance? If not much, then the foundation of a partnership is fragile or probably base-less...
    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    ..you guys should all say : "Best of luck to you, Taufik"..
    *Yes, i thought abt the win-win scenario (or lack of)..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast