Taufik Hidayat to set up a Badminton school in Jakarta

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 19, 2010.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Taufik Hidayat to set up a Badminton school in Jakarta

Source: Reuters
    http://in.reuters.com/article/worldOfSport/idINIndia-45506920100119

Tuesday 19-Jan-2010
    KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters)

Indonesia's former world champion Taufik Hidayat will set up a badminton school in Jakarta to unearth fresh talent in his country, Malaysian media reported on Tuesday.

The Taufik Hidayat Arena will take shape next year, The Star reported on Tuesday, quoting the world number three who is playing in the Malaysian Open.

Hidayat told the paper that his decision was prompted by a lack of international success by the younger players of his country.

"I do not know what is preventing them from bursting on to the international stage," he said. "But I think it is the same phenomenon in Malaysia. Talent are just hard to come by nowadays."

Hidayat will be assisted by his long-serving coach Mulyo Handoyo in the project.

"I hope to identify players between the ages of 10 and 12 to be groomed to become world beaters," he said.

"This will take some time and I will probably be able to see new stars between the next seven and 10 years."

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Indonesian Badminton Star Taufik Hidayat Is Busier Than Ever

Also searching around, this was found from Jakarta Globe;
    http://thejakartaglobe.com/badminto...tar-taufik-hidayat-is-busier-than-ever/352375

Wednesday 13-Jan-2010
    Indonesian Badminton Star Taufik Hidayat Is Busier Than Ever

Just because Taufik Hidayat resigned from the Indonesian national team training camp and turned professional last year does not mean that his life is any less hectic.

In fact, busy is just how the former world and Olympic champion wants to be.

Competition alone does not drive Taufik anymore. His plans to build the Taufik Hidayat Arena, a 6,600 square meter sports complex in Kelapa Dua, Ciracas, East Jakarta, are set to begin after three years of preparation.

The 28-year-old wants to realize his long-time dream of managing his own training camp for talented youngsters. However, he said the arena’s proposed location, a five-minute drive from the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) training camp in Cipayung, was only a coincidence.

“I don’t mean to be the PBSI’s competitor. Actually, I want to help the PBSI to boost the players’ regeneration by creating more talented players through my project,” the 2004 Athens Olympics gold medalist and 2005 world champion told the Jakarta Globe on Monday in an interview at his home in South Jakarta.

“As we all know, Indonesian badminton is going through a rough season. I grew up with badminton and live from it. I think it is time for me to dedicate myself to a better Indonesia.”

Designed by M. Ridwan Kamil of Urbane Indonesia, an architecture consulting company in Bandung, West Java, Taufik Hidayat Arena is scheduled to be an asymmetric building with eight badminton courts and two futsal courts. Construction is scheduled to begin in March or April.

The arena’s unusual look was intended to relect his personality, Taufik said.

"I love being different, and the building’s design is different from other badminton stadiums," he said.

When complete, the arena will also include 10 rooms which could be used to house as many as 20 shuttlers.

In order to realize his dream, Taufik and his supporters will need plenty of financial backing. While he refused to reveal the exact cost, he did offer a hint.

“If the land costs Rp 1 million per square meter, I need more than Rp 6 billion for the land alone,” Taufik said. “The money will come from my family, sponsors, donors and investors, as well as my pocket. It’s a big cost.”

Working with his long-time coach, Mulyo Handoyo, Taufik said he hopes to manage a team that is tasked with finding up-and-coming shuttlers in local and national competitions, in addition to those already in his badminton school.

"We will cooperate with sponsors, such as Milo, where I am trusted as its ambassador, to support them. We can offer them scholarships," he said.

Taufik is not about to forget his on-court commitments in the midst of giving back to the sport. In addition to the arena, his other two big projects are to win the All England and Indonesia Open Super Series titles.

Victory in the 2010 All England would end Indonesia’s title drought in that tournament since 2003, when Sigit Budiarto and Candra Wijaya on the men’s doubles championship. The country’s last men’s singles crown came when Heryanto Arbi won successive titles in 1993 and 1994, beating Joko Suprianto and Ardy Wiranata.

Taufik lost in the All England final in 1999 and 2000.

He also said he wants to beat Ardy’s record of seven Indonesia Open championships. Taufik won his home Super Series in 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006.

While he left the national team in search of more flexibility with his schedule, Taufik said he would be play for Indonesia again — with one condition.

"I won't take a sudden call. They [the PBSI] have to tell me soon whenever they need me, so I can arrange my schedule and prepare myself better," he said. "I also have to discuss it with my family and ask for their permission to join the national team again.”

Demands on his time will be even greater later this year, though this burden may be his happiest of all. Taufik and his wife, Ami Dianti Gumelar, are expecting their first child in June.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

And..

..the source probably got it from BC..;)

6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

So are you saying this topic cant be discussed here (as a separate thread)? Just because its already posted by someone else in a different thread

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Did i ever mention that..^^

.."it can't be discussed here"? or that's your assumption??..

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

hahaha.... i dont make assumption thats why i asked
    therefore i as a new member of BC, i should as you further: whats the point of saying "Already in the news.. "? I supose news are repeated times and times again. Please enlight me!!

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Very gooood..if you don't assume^^

..the point & meaning of it's "already in the news" is just that, it's been mentioned/brought up already. Nothing to do with prohibiting/not prohibiting others to post the same news 50 or 100 more times.
    If others post repeated news, other BCers would notify the same.:cool:

10. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

But what does that ("already in the news") have to do with the thread topic "Taufik Hidayat to set up a Badminton school in Jakarta "?
    Anyway, I understand what you mean.
    Yes ofcourse, clearly this thread is fine

11. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    "Demands on his time will be even greater later this year, though this burden may be his happiest of all. Taufik and his wife, Ami Dianti Gumelar, are expecting their first child in June."

I thought Taufik already had a daughter?

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-It's very simple..

..the purpose is to notify. Would you be fine seeing 10 other people create new threads & post the same exact news over & over again??..

13. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

notify who? this thread has already created by chris-ccc.
    are you the moderator?

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Notify who??..^^

- Of course notify the thread starter or whoever posted the news/article, first and foremost. chris-ccc is fine & has got no beef being notified..:cool:
    - No, i'm not the moderator and this has got nothing to do with one being a moderator or not. Like i already mentioned, other reg. members have done the same notification if other BCers post the same old news.
    - Do you want to see 10 different threads with the same old news??..

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Surely, if it has already been posted in a different thread (and Chris has kindly provided the link for it), is there any need to post the SAME news again in a separate thread? Will be a waste of bandwidth???

Oh man.....I am starting to turn like Chris now :p

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

ofcourse im fine if chris-ccc is fine, i just think this thread is good and im sure chris-ccc did not mean to create a repeated topic, so i dont see any justification of getting a "notification" from you. Obviously you should have the experience to tell the difference between a thread required a notification or not

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

you mean chris as ctjcad?
    Yes sure if its a waste of bandwidth, then the moderatos should step in right?

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Experience to tell the difference between a thread required a notification or not?..

- What's wrong with giving a notification from me or any member? Or are you fine with seeing 10 different threads with the same news content?
    It's okay, just be honest and tell us if you're fine seeing 10 different threads w/the same news content. We won't bite you and we won't ask the mods to ban you,.:cool:
    - Sorry, i don't know how to tell the difference between a thread required a notification or not.
    Do you mind teaching us?..:confused:
    ..with the way this thread has been going, i'm sure the mods will take a peek. As for them stepping in and doing something, that i don't know..

#18 ctjcad, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, the mods are definitely not monitoring every threads. But surely, if you would like them to have a look, they will step in. That's the purpose of the PM function and the reporting function. You can basically report the case to them. And if the contents are basically the same, they will simply close this thread. They have done that before if you look at some of the past closed threads with a single news post that is basically taken from the other threads.

That's the purpose of notifying the thread-starter in case he/she posted something which has been posted before. So that discussions can still take place in the other thread and not in the new thread. Obviously, the next thing that will happen is that the mods will close the "repeated" thread.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Another way is..^^

They can merge chris-ccc's articles w/the related thread and delete this thread (and related posts)...or they can keep this thread open so the rest of the BCers could have a good ol' time laughing at the posts..;)