Help me choose a new Racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by alongwor, Jan 19, 2010.

1. alongwor

alongwor Regular Member

Hi all,

Sorry to start a new "choose my racquet" thread but I am rather confused...

I have come back to badminton after some years after playing at school level. I have been back to playing weekly for about 6 months now.
    I play a pretty even mix of singles and doubles and err towards the offensive side of things. I like to play smashes but know its isn't everything and like to play some technical stuff as well.

After a few weeks of reading and looking round I still cannot make up my mind and it is doing my head in!

I am looking to spend up to about €80 and am based in Germany. I do not have any decent shops near me so this is unfortunately going to be an internet based purchase (which given how much I read about fake Yonex racquets has kind of put me off Yonex somewhat).

Brands popular here are Yonex, Victor, Oliver and some Carlton stuff but not everything from Carlton seems to be available. Coming from England I don't know Oliver at all and am very new to the Victor stuff.

Can someone point me in the direction and help clear the fog...

Thanks in advance...

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

the best thing to do is to go try out rackets, and tell us which ones you liked.

if its a internet purchase, i would recommend the ARC7, assuming its all based on reading and no trying it out. the reasoning being that the ARC7 is one of the most all around rackets available

however try out other rackets first, it should give us a baseline to guide.

3. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

if you want 2 look at apacs racket_sports on ebay sells them at a good price and are not fake...

4. anandalphonse

anandalphonse Regular Member

Engineer
    @alongwor

hey alongwor, welcome to the forum...i think its best if u purchase the racquets from some reputed online shops....some like www.mybadmintonstore.com , www.bbeshop.com , www.bbesports.com etc and that ebay shop 'racquet_sports ' its also a good option...but be4 u order the racquet pls try them.....
    ~^anand

#4 anandalphonse, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  5. alongwor

alongwor Regular Member

Well as I said testing/borrowing is more than a little difficult where I am.

Having already got a (cheap) Victor racket, went to a few shops to get a feel for what they had (mainly Carltons of a few years old and Oliver). In the end I have ordered a Victor TIW5000. Now I have to wait patiently for it.

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hello alongwar,

I don't know if you choose a racket now and bought it but you can test 3 rackets from tennistown.de. Visit their Website.
    You can state your City if you like. I live in NRW. I can try to help you. Looking on the Oliver Website you can find some Shops across Germany. Website Victor same.
    These Intersports, Karstadt Sport and Kaufhof sucks and they sell old stuff to expensive.

7. jockey

jockey Regular Member

UCT student
    if u are not sure about which racket suits you best, go for apacs, they are relatively cheap and of good quality. go for their own line and not the yonex clones.
    nano 900 power, furious and lethal series should be ok.

hope this helps :)