What grip size do you use?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by caduceusnz, Jan 20, 2010.

1. caduceusnz

caduceusnz Regular Member

This is because I was helping to derail this other thread.

Anyway, as per my Lethal 60 picture, some have commented I have quite a thick grip, which I like because it fills my hand better. I left the original grip that came with the racquet on (in fact the plastic wrapping is still on it!), covered it with a Yonex cloth grip, and covered that with a Wilson Pro Overgrip, which is my current favourite (never seems to stop being tacky).

So, how many layers do you use?!

2. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

i just find it harder to generate power lethal 60 with a thick grip, prob because it's less head heavy, and the feel's gone.... i removed the original grip and used a HQ Super Grip GLA... rapping the bottom thinner and the top slightly higher... feels great, tho not very tacky.... i personally don't like tacky grips very much....

3. druss

druss Regular Member

I'm not a big fan of thick grips, they prevent me from doing certain shots which require using the fingers as much as the wrist.

4. ixoye

ixoye Regular Member

I started playing with a thick-ish grip, G3 maybe. But, as I progressed, the racket handle moved to my fingers and the thick-ish grip became difficult. I now use a thin grip, G5.

If you find that a thick grip works for you, then fine. It works for your style of play. Some people I play with also prefer thick grips and they play just fine.