Correct me if im wrong....hmmmm

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by kennyhks, Jan 21, 2010.

1. kennyhks

kennyhks Regular Member

well as d title goes, correct me if im wrong......i realize most BC members r basically more interested in freelance play(meaning playing randomly every week wif diff ppl & at diff place) rather than commiting 2 1 team at 1 place on 1 day.

They jus cant commit if u ask them 2 in spite them being interested in playing wif d team. I understand d thrill of running around playing wif diff ppl at diff places all d time, its oso a very good xposure but nowadays u jus cant get commited players anymore.

Huhuhu.....:crying:

Where r all d those ppl.....x tinction!!!!!:confused:

2. brill

brill Regular Member

System Engineer
    I think they're here mostly to get additional games for themselves. Most of them already got fixed session or closed group.

3. zydoce

zydoce Regular Member

Student
    where do u play n when? :D

4. kennyhks

kennyhks Regular Member

tues-SRGC 830 - 11pm
    fri-USJ23 830 - 11pm

where do u play?

5. X3RXUS

X3RXUS Regular Member

IMO, some players are not interested in joining a team, or perhaps doesn't have the time to do so.

6. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    ..and transport

7. ksfoo

ksfoo Regular Member

well, location too.....

8. eddychan

eddychan Regular Member

retired
    I take it that you mean they were invited by you and they turned you down. This also implies that you did not invite everybody who turned up for freelance.. I don't really blame you for being selective.. u are looking for someone of a higher level, so you can improve your game. From the other person's point of view.. they may not want to join your group if they feel that their participation would bring their game down.

I am very sure that people of a lower level than you would be very keen to join you.. try extending your invitation to them.

So far, I have played in a few groups who offered "walk-ins", and nobody invited me to join as permanent member. Still I am thankful for their tolerance of my incredibly lousy level of play, and still accepts my participation as being an act of charity to "entertain a disabled old man". Bless these kind people.. otherwise, I will be restricted to playing with a wall..

9. kennyhks

kennyhks Regular Member

well not xcatly turn me down but they hv d intention only 4 session plays & not permanently involved.....i mean thay actually njoy it & some would insist they will b back 4 more games but tats on a off & on basis....not permanent. I mean im not really complaining but i feel sometimes they don get my point of permanent play.....hahaha

10. kennyhks

kennyhks Regular Member

but at least i get 2 noe more players around malaysia which is good.....nice meeting all of them so far.....& hoping 2 meet them in some local tournaments or something soon....:)

11. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

IT manager, Lifetime Badminton Player
    Answer from Brill is the best answer.
    Unless a player stop playing (for a while) because of injury, work or other reasons of commitment, normally any badminton player should alreadly have his/her own fixed session.
    The freelance/adhoc/random or part-timer wanting to play some additional games is a results of those suffering from a badminton symptom called "badminton itch":).

I normally suffer from this symptom during the days I don't have a fixed session:p

12. wu_kong101

wu_kong101 Regular Member

Insurance - Actuarial
    DUN give UP bro you will eventually get players if you keep trying, what brill said is true for most players here as they have already been around for some time so what daveC mention is also logical. However they will always be new ppl who would want something more permenant. Good luck =)

13. devince83

devince83 Regular Member

Account Executive
    good explaination~ :D:D:D:D
    we are same point of view~

14. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

My session accept "walk-ins", adhoc, part time.. anything!!! ..
    .. and you are invited to be permanent at my session.:D

15. Shell_player

Shell_player Regular Member

IT
    In some cases, there are many comitted players if every team members does pay every month or half yearly in a lump sum. You can try that by charging them slightly cheaper than those who come ad hoc. From that, you will probably get comitted players...And I see many does have this practise. It works I feel....

16. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

heyyoustillalive&trashingDshuttles? When is your next "itch" random visit to my session? :D

17. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    well,frankly,i'm 'everywhere'.

i can just 'walk' into any hall and asks to join, and pays of course. - baddie addict..lol..

i think it's better to ( IMO ) have one permanent group and then have 2 or so 'irregular' groups that you visits here and there in a week if you want to up your game.

lol...i 'thought' i sort of 'made' it...but then i was thrashed like nobody's bzness when i went over to a group,averagely older than me..hahahaha...

just my 'one-cent' not 2....... lol..( times are bad ..hahahahaha )

18. zydoce

zydoce Regular Member

Student
    but then need to be a zombie :D though this group is like a zombie, but they are really nice and friendly.. might be joining again if got time and willing to be zombie again :D

19. Funky

Funky Regular Member

Road Surveyor
    Haha... good observation.

I'm one of those lousy players looking around to play with high-hand. Hopefully to learn from them a trick or two. Thanks to DaveC (leong's grp), jk1980, rayyeoh (Edward's grp) and suzanne who allowed me in their games. I'm from Cheras and have played Aracourts, Kwong Hon, New Vision, Cuepacs Challenger - all from the forum. I must say the level of play is really good and an eye opener. When I have the time or if I am up for it, especially DaveC's gang who plays at 2330hrs, I'll surely go.

To give the forum back something, I organised a few games or two near my abode and quite a number turned up too.

Oh yes, I do a a fixed game on THU at Challenger PJ and now somewhat a permanent feature in Cuepac Challenger on SAT (both grp not listed). The other games (part time ones), well is to let ppl smack me silly!

Play on!

20. eddychan

eddychan Regular Member

retired
    Thanks Dave.. I will definitely enlist as a permanent zombie the day right after I retire.. haha.. then we can play until 6.00 am, go for breakfast.. then u go back to work and i go back to hibernate until next week..!