Broken AT700

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by sohowslife_, Jan 22, 2010.

1. sohowslife_

sohowslife_ Regular Member

Student
    hello to everyone viewing this post.
    i recently broke my first gen AT700 :(. although it was due to a clash accident i am shocked as i have heard that it was one of the (if not the most) durable rackets in terms the strength of the racket.
    so from this i am wondering which racket comes close to having the same feeling as a first gen AT700? i mainly used this racket for singles and mens doubles as i would generally attack the shuttle more. i prefer stringing at higher tensions aswell so any suggestions for rackets which can handle the same tension as the AT700 with multiple restrings without warping.
    at the moment i also have an AS10 and a recently bought AT900T. as i have not used the AT900T much since i have bought it i am also wondering if it would be a good replacement for my late AT700?
    any suggestion would help. thankyou.

2. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    if you want to stick with yonex then at900p would be best if not lining N90 =T blindfury has a first gen for sale in the F/S forum it'll cost the same as a new at900p or less so its worth the try :D

3. sohowslife_

sohowslife_ Regular Member

Student
    thanks for the reply Distanc3.
    ive tried my friends AT900P but however i dont really like the feel of the racket :/. the place where everyone gets there rackets from from where im from is selling the N90 buts wayyyy too expensive. i think it was up for $370 aust.
    thanks for the tip. ill be sure to check it out :)

4. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    Yonex AT700 is one of the racket which is not durable among Yonex series. I did see some forumers and also broken AT700 while I purchased my racket. AT700 is not recommend to string at high tension and the recommended tension was below 25lbs. But many people would likely strung above 25lbs which make burden to the racket.

Pls note, national players' Yonex Racket is not the one we can purchase elsewhere. It is because they got the 'Player Version' which may stand higher tension and durable. Like Taufik's AT900T strung at 30-35lbs with a player version model.