Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by cooler, Jan 22, 2010.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Saturday January 23, 2010
    Tanongsak sets three-year target to become world’s best
    DENMARK’S Jan O Jorgensen is not the only one badminton fans should keep an eye on. Thailand’s Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk is capable of ruffling some feathers too.

The 20-year-old first-year Sports Science student from Thailand plans to break into the top 20 this year – and that means taking the scalp of many big names.

Some of the big names who have fallen to him are Indonesians Taufik Hidayat and Sony Dwi Kuncoro.

At the Malaysian Open, the qualifier achieved his career best when he defeated Poland’s Wacha Przemyslaw to reach his first ever quarter-finals in a Super Series event.

Thailand's Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk celebrate after beating Poland's Wacha Przemyslaw during the second round of the Malaysian badminton open super series at Putra stadium in Bukit Jalil. Tanongsak won 19-21, 21-15, 21-17 - S.S.KANESAN/ THE STAR
    In the last eight yesterday though, he went down fighting 15-21, 13-21 to Denmark’s Peter-Gade Christensen.

The son of an engineer, Tanongsak said that he had benefited a lot since sparring with the country’s top star Boonsak Ponsana over the last five years.

“I hope to be like Boonsak one day. I have seen myself grow from an inexperienced youngster to a more mature player,” said the 1.81m-tall shuttler.

“I am able to read my opponent’s game better. And I have more confidence in my attacking game.

“I took up badminton when I was nine years old. I have set myself a three-year target to emerge as the best in the world. Now, I have to start winning major titles.

“My only title so far is the Japan International Challenge. I am still young and there is still room for improvement. I believe that I can challenge the big names this year,” added the world No. 34.

National singles coach Misbun Sidek admitted that Tanongsak would be one of the players to watch out for this year.

“He is showing steady improvement. These days top players are finding it hard to beat him. He seems to be more confident. It is nice to see youngsters snapping at the heels of the established players,” said Misbun.

Attached Files:

2. gjoo888

gjoo888 Regular Member

I've watched Tanongsak play a few times. He's a very tall, powerful player and definitely someone to keep an eye on.

3. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    I agree. He has very good offensive skills n pace

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yes, this boy have a hard smash though .

5. GoDLee

GoDLee Regular Member

English teacher
    Today, he beat Kenichi Tago. I think that was a topic that deserved to be refreshed.

6. miksss

miksss Regular Member

promising ms for thailand..
    she always force sony to rubber..

7. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Congratulations to Tanongsak for reaching the third round of the WC. He will meet Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia. He has done it before, can he do it again to meet with Lee Chong Wei/Rajiv Ouseph?

8. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    I've watched this boy play live in Djarum Indonesia Open on July this year. Yeah he have powerful jump-smashes and fast pace. Very talented and promising. Still very young and a long road ahead.

9. tumnongaer

tumnongaer Regular Member

I've watched Tanongsak play too.

he stay thailand......and i too

10. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Too bad yesterday he lose to Taufik Hidayat in World Championship Paris

11. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    just wonder who's Tanongsak sponsored in BWF 2011 event, on his T-shirt shows B symbol, but I doubt it's Babolat brand. I'm looking to buy the shoes he's wearing, white with a touch of yellow. nice and cool.

12. starwalker81

starwalker81 Regular Member

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

More than two years have passed since he said that and he's still nowhere near it. Maybe a couple of months time, depends what he meant by world's best, top 10?

His senior compatriot Boonsak has been among the world's best at several periods over his career and he's nearing retirement. Hope Tanongsak or some such Thai younger players can step up to the plate the sooner the better.

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I hope Tanongsak and Tago would not be washed out as mediocre players ...... they have better talent than that.

But you also need fitness and brains to win matches.

15. aeksit

aeksit Regular Member

Tanongsak is bad form now I think he cant be replace Boonsak.
    Hope for the youngster Sitthikom better.

16. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    Among JOJ, Tanongsak, Tago, Chen Long...all from the same batch of juniors...Tanongsak has fared the worst...he was a hopeful when he first came....but then no significant results at all...Chen Long had sprouted to become a good player...Tago did well for a while but too inconsistent...just like JOJ...

17. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Very surprising indeed .... when I first saw Chen Long in 2007 at Stadium Juara, he was a lumbering giant of a boy with mediocre footwork, who just got the better of Mohd Arif Latiff with the smallest of margins. Now, Chen Long's movement is so efficient and fast, hence his Olympic Bronze is well deserved. The only one who is meeting his potential so far .....

18. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    hard work pays off my friend...

19. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Just watched highlights of TS playing LCW. He did quite well. Seemed to be able to keep up in first game. But this giraffe tires quickly at such a high pace. I recall seeing the same phenomenon last year against LCW.
    It isn't a surprise that he tires against the very fittest in world badminton. But I wonder if part of it is his style of movement.

I notice that his right (non-racket) arm moves oddly while he runs about the court. Does he have a shoulder problem? It looked to me that he'd be better balanced if he'd abduct that arm once in a while. The only time he does is in that odd way just before his smash.
    Any opinion from the smart folks out there?

20. lordrogue

lordrogue Regular Member

I think he might become a late bloomer. He is definitely improving, an impressive 1st and 2nd set against DuP, but he didn't have enough stamina for a third set. Maybe he should adapt the strict physical training China has...