User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Very surprising indeed .... when I first saw Chen Long in 2007 at Stadium Juara, he was a lumbering giant of a boy with mediocre footwork, who just got the better of Mohd Arif Latiff with the smallest of margins. Now, Chen Long's movement is so efficient and fast, hence his Olympic Bronze is well deserved. The only one who is meeting his potential so far .....
    hard work pays off my friend...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched highlights of TS playing LCW. He did quite well. Seemed to be able to keep up in first game. But this giraffe tires quickly at such a high pace. I recall seeing the same phenomenon last year against LCW.
    It isn't a surprise that he tires against the very fittest in world badminton. But I wonder if part of it is his style of movement.

I notice that his right (non-racket) arm moves oddly while he runs about the court. Does he have a shoulder problem? It looked to me that he'd be better balanced if he'd abduct that arm once in a while. The only time he does is in that odd way just before his smash.
    Any opinion from the smart folks out there?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ** View Post
    Among JOJ, Tanongsak, Tago, Chen Long...all from the same batch of juniors...Tanongsak has fared the worst...he was a hopeful when he first came....but then no significant results at all...Chen Long had sprouted to become a good player...Tago did well for a while but too inconsistent...just like JOJ...
    I think he might become a late bloomer. He is definitely improving, an impressive 1st and 2nd set against DuP, but he didn't have enough stamina for a third set. Maybe he should adapt the strict physical training China has...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tanongsak is coming up, he was unlucky not to have won that G2,hence the match, against DuPY in the Swiss Open. I think he was too eager to attack and finish his opponent off, and burnt out in the 3rd set thanks to DuPY's notable,stubborn defence.

I believe he made the same mistake against Lee CW in the AE but then,of course, Lee CW is superior in both attack and defence. Even so, Tanongsak put up a spirited fight, esp in G1 where he was able to match Lee CW point for point, on the whole a creditable result.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TS has a very unique style in the world of badminton. The way he hit his smashes is like nothing i have seen before. Hi arm travels almost in a full arc from his waist right round to the forehand over head. I expect this must be hard to read for opponents and certainly produces a hard hit. Really enjoyed the Sudirman cup game TS against Kenichi Tago. Think TS needs to hit teh gym and bulk up a little, Axelsen has teh same issue of a slight frame they both tire easily and a third set is just too much.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was pretty happy to see him beat gao huan in the 2013 kazan universiade. gao seemed so arrogant to me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shosasakigamba View Post
    TS has a very unique style in the world of badminton. The way he hit his smashes is like nothing i have seen before. Hi arm travels almost in a full arc from his waist right round to the forehand over head. I expect this must be hard to read for opponents and certainly produces a hard hit. Really enjoyed the Sudirman cup game TS against Kenichi Tago. Think TS needs to hit teh gym and bulk up a little, Axelsen has teh same issue of a slight frame they both tire easily and a third set is just too much.
    Yeah, he has a bit crazy style where he just finds smash angles from pretty bad locations where other people would never smash. He's also quick to follow up at the net, which is what earns him most points. Like you're saying, he's extremely strong in the first set vs anyone, then falls off in the 2nd and 3rd. You can say he's physically weak sure, but I think it's mostly because of his incredibly aggressive playing style.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2