badminton news on google

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by marshall, Dec 2, 2002.

1. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager
    google.com has a news feature now, so I clicked on the news option, then selected sports and did a search on badminton. Came up with over 520 hits. Many fromthe New Straits Times, some from the Washington Post. SOme Post articles explaining what competitive b'minton is, more than I'd expected to find.

Different angle in NST articles on BAM coaching changes, things that KL Star didn't say much about.

Looks like a good place for our kind of news.

2. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Thanks Marshall for the info. Btw, I notice that Kwun's name and site seems to pop up pretty often on many badminton searches and webpages - unsurprisingly. Well done sitemaster.

Okay, this is not badminton-related but I found sth cool on google as well. A site that allows you to buy ramen online. Wonderful. :D

3. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

Are you sure that was a good thing? I used to eat ramen everyday for 3 years (NOT A JOKE!!!) back when i had to cook for myself. That stuff taste great (high MSG!) but is really bad for you eh. MSG weakens the eye and makes you prediposed to glaucoma and blindness. Excess MSG consumption like what i did could bring on glaucoma as early as the age of 40 for asians.

(and to make this related to badminton, i'll point out that having glaucoma will really hinder your game since you can't see the bird anymore!)

4. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Nah, I dun eat ramen that often. When I was staying in the dorms, ramen was a treat coz dorm food sucked (and still does). Now, I cook so often that ramen has become a standby for the times when I'm too lazy to cook.

And to make it related to badminton, I eat a lot of stuff that's supposedly good for your eyes so I can see the shuttle more clearly. Haha.

5. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Bah who needs to see the shuttle, use the Force young Jedi, be one with the shuttle ;)

Boy am I bored at work today ;P