The Max String Tension for Yonex Ti 8 Racket with BG 65 string ?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by SeventhZense, Jan 24, 2010.

1. SeventhZense

SeventhZense New Member

* I have tried my best to do lot of search to get my answer but it seems I did not get the information I was looking for hence this Thread to get advice from Expert *

I have Yonex Ti 8 racket ( bought in US around 2000 August timeframe ). I luv this racket and I feel this Racket has took my game a couple of notches up.

I have currently BG65 string on it ( which is done by a professional stringer few years ago ). I play on and off .. not regular but now days started playing 1-2 times week on weekends.

I want to resring my Ti 8 racket with BG65 string.

The Question is what tension I told them to put on it ? I was thinking putting about 25lbs but the shop stringer told me that there good RISK the racket will be broken.

The official rating given on my racket is ( 3U, G4, 14-18 lbs and 6-8 Kg). I think 14-18 is straight tension and 6-8 kg is cross tension. So in nut-shell it's less than 20lbs whichever way we look at it.

Please advice me the MAX tension to put without the Risk of breaking racket. He will be using "Stringing Machine".

Thx in advance for your help. Your quick reply is appreciated as I will go to him for stringing in next 24 hours.

*SZ*

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

go for 20lbs with BG80s instead of BG65 as you will get better power with BG80 than BG65

3. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    is there another option...?

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

LOL I was going to say that

Maybe he will use his hands as if he is sewing ?:p

5. SeventhZense

SeventhZense New Member

Thx for the replies.

Keeping BG65 string only for Yonex Ti 8 Racket .. what wld be the recommended string tension ?

6. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I'm pretty sure that anything below 25lbs would be okay as long as your racket is in a good condition...meaning no cracks, has not been clashed before. I've strung my old Ti-6 to 25lbs and it was fine.