User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Is it fault ?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    milan
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Is it fault ?

    Hi,
    can any one tel me please. player can change hand during the game ? i mean first shoot with right hand and the 2nd with left hand ? is it legal ?

    did someone professionaly show the play like that ?

    thanks for reply

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know of any professionals that do it but it's perfectly legal. I don't think that it's a good idea though. There was another thread on this somewhere as well, maybe a search will help you find it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    milan
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    I don't know of any professionals that do it but it's perfectly legal. I don't think that it's a good idea though. There was another thread on this somewhere as well, maybe a search will help you find it.
    thanks 4 reply , one my friend he play with both hands with great control, for me it's too much difficult to handle. that's y i asked here anyway thanks

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Strange but 100% legal,

  5. #5
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,047
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I too came across one player who uses his right hand and when the lift is high to the opposite right, he switched to his left hand to defend.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If he still has one racket, should be legal. Two for both handed... probabably not!

    Outside of that, I heard that a school kid was literally welding two rackets in school tournament play, one each hand and did ok. This individual was not called for it.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If he still has one racket, should be legal. Two for both handed... probabably not!

    Outside of that, I heard that a school kid was literally welding two rackets in school tournament play, one each hand and did ok. This individual was not called for it.
    Nothing in the laws forbid that explicitly. There are many references to the singular "player's racket" but that can be taken to mean either of the rackets if the player wields two.

    The only problem as noted earlier in the forum is how that player's going to serve?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,533
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He can always do high serve. Use one of the racquet to hold the shuttle on the strings, throw it up and then whack using the other racquet ! Wonder if it is legal ?

    I think if my opponent is using 2 racquets, it is so intimidating !

  9. #9
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,047
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    He can always do high serve. Use one of the racquet to hold the shuttle on the strings, throw it up and then whack using the other racquet ! Wonder if it is legal ?

    I think if my opponent is using 2 racquets, it is so intimidating !
    Don't worry, he won't be able to move freely.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    He can always do high serve. Use one of the racquet to hold the shuttle on the strings, throw it up and then whack using the other racquet ! Wonder if it is legal ?

    I think if my opponent is using 2 racquets, it is so intimidating !
    I don't think so, the rules say the first forward movement of the racket is the start of the serve and they must hit the base first. Does not specify which racket (as it's assumed there's only one).

    I think no tournament run by IBF rules would allow two rackets....

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol two racquets is definately a no but switching hand is totally fine

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Il
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Switching hands w a racket is absolutely legal. There's no rule against ambidextrous people playing the game.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anything in the rules that say the racquet has to be held in the hand?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Anything in the rules that say the racquet has to be held in the hand?
    Nope... feel free to play by holding it by your teeth or feet...

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_tabassum View Post
    Hi,
    can any one tel me please. player can change hand during the game ? i mean first shoot with right hand and the 2nd with left hand ? is it legal ?

    did someone professionaly show the play like that ?

    thanks for reply
    yes it is allowed - I know some very good players changing hands during play ...

Similar Threads

  1. is this a fault?
    By li00075 in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating
    Replies: 12
    : 03-05-2010, 12:30 PM
  2. Net fault
    By loweechng in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 13
    : 03-25-2009, 05:25 AM
  3. What fault is it? Receiver fault?
    By pascal123 in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating
    Replies: 57
    : 01-13-2009, 01:48 AM
  4. Who is at fault?
    By Dendrobius in forum General Forum
    Replies: 34
    : 06-26-2006, 05:08 PM
  5. Is it a fault??????????
    By shanepaul86 in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 8
    : 06-10-2005, 12:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •