User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kim Her not taking over from Rexy yet

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html

which in another word,rexy job is not secure if he can provide 2 point for malaysia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good post, mafan. I actually read the whole thing!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Missing

Mafan,
    Where have you been?
    I too read the whole post. Great.
    Anybody know why Morten Frost left? And the others?
    Because of poor management?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by mafan View Post
    ...(very lengthy post snipped for brevity)
    I think our failure to develop our Malaysian junior world champions into "senior" world-class players is a sign that the BAM "system" needs fixing.

There is so much I want to say but I have been long-winded enough. I don't have the answers but I recognize a problem when I see one. And Malaysian badminton has a problem. It's BAM. Remember the Malay proverb that says how one can see an ant a mile away but cannot see the elephant in front of him? Well, I think this is the case with BAM. Quick to blame and find fault with others but not recognize its own shortcomings.
    - For a second i thought you're a toned down Pemuda.
    Your point above basically is a re-confirmation of much of Pemuda's points.
    - Welcome (back??) to BC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Clock is ticking

First of all, I want to say bagus to mafan. Bagus! Kerana berani ke hadapan.

As for Rexy, like it or not, his days are numbered in the BAM setup. Though I dont like the way how BAM conducted this TKH thing, I think should Rexy decides to pack it in or gets the sack, it is not a bad thing either.

Again, hiring TKH behind Rexy is not wrong, its unprofessional. But what do you expect from BAM when it is run by politicians, fat cats, lackeys etc?

Rexy, in the past have issued 'I want to quit' statements a couple of times. With TKH around, BAM have in place an insurance package, so should Rexy throw his toys out of his pram again, BAM will gladly walk Rexy to the main door. Or worst case scenario, Rexy will be sacked after the TC or WC. Either way, Rexy's days are numbered. You cant have two tigers up in the same hill.

Now, though I dont like the manner how BAM went about hiring TKH, I think should Rexy be no longer around, it is not an end of the world kinda thing. With Rexy gone, it may be a good thing. Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders. With TKH being in charge, there will be a change of training methods/programs/personnel etc. An injection of new ideas may just rejuvenate our doubles badminton. Rexy have done all he can for our doubles badminton.

There is no such thing as compassion in sports management.
    Coaches/managers come and go. Hiring and firing is a normal way of life.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rexy wants Kim Her to groom back-up doubles

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...965&sec=sports

“The main focus for us now is to build up the back-up players and turn them into world beaters. We want these players to have quality in their game,” said Rexy.
    “Kim Her’s presence will add depth to our coaching set-up. He has the experience of training the best from England and South Korea.
    “We cannot put him (Kim Her) in the junior set-up as it would be a waste of our resources. It will be ideal for him to be with the back-up squad.”
    On Cheh Chang’s status, he said: “I will look into it. He is quite flexible. He has helped out in the elite squads for men and women. He has the knowledge and experience. He will fit in anywhere.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wah, Mafan, now only I know 1 post in BC can be that long, I thought there's a maximum no of words, haha. More on TKH coming back issue & related stuff in TKH thread.
    You may also want to read Berita Harian, Utusan Msia, Harian Metro to see the 'different views' of different camps on this issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post

As for Rexy, like it or not, his days are numbered in the BAM setup. Though I dont like the way how BAM conducted this TKH thing, I think should Rexy decides to pack it in or gets the sack, it is not a bad thing either.

Again, hiring TKH behind Rexy is not wrong, its unprofessional. But what do you expect from BAM when it is run by politicians, fat cats, lackeys etc?

Rexy, in the past have issued 'I want to quit' statements a couple of times. With TKH around, BAM have in place an insurance package, so should Rexy throw his toys out of his pram again, BAM will gladly walk Rexy to the main door. Or worst case scenario, Rexy will be sacked after the TC or WC. Either way, Rexy's days are numbered. You cant have two tigers up in the same hill.

Now, though I dont like the manner how BAM went about hiring TKH, I think should Rexy be no longer around, it is not an end of the world kinda thing. With Rexy gone, it may be a good thing. Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders. With TKH being in charge, there will be a change of training methods/programs/personnel etc. An injection of new ideas may just rejuvenate our doubles badminton. Rexy have done all he can for our doubles badminton.

Although I don't agree with you sometimes about players, and so on...
    About the BAM, my whole heart is with you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think BAM is doing a sh1t job... look at our local league... it is almost non-existant!

non-badminton powerhouse like USA, Japan & UK has better local setup than us...

BAM is lucky that Malaysia has so many passionate badders!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after reading mafan looooooong post there is a question to ask - what trigger bam to hire tkh?

1/ is rexy performance just barely enough hence a warning of some sort?
    2/ is there any thread from the english opponents (if not present, the future)?
    3/ ??

i know a lot of posts here make sense but it's more to one side ...we just never know the real reason why.. we only hear from the other side through the press statement.

bam's gm doesn't make the decision alone to bring tkh into malaysia, can he do it alone? i don't know and if he has that kind of power i leave it all to you bcers to figure it out.

i sure goh must have figure it out what would happen if he confirm tkh first then inform rm or vice versa or he was not acting alone on the decision.

i am not sure what would happen but one can only assume it's going to be difficult for rm, tkh and goh!

guess before that happen, as usual we, bcer just love to speculate....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do agree with you..most of it but not all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    i do agree with you..most of it but not all
    Which part you dont agree? I would like to get your views since I understand you are a badminton coach.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let us look at this from a more objective side. Coaches are hired and fired on their contributions in the form of silverware their charges can bring in. They are praised and even given "special rights", ala permanent citizenship, when a big trophy is brought back. Rightly, they should also be fired for repeated failures to repeat that first success. This is called professionalism. Professionalism and emotional attachments are deadly brothers and cannot live together. BAM must do what it must do. It is the right of the boss (management) to hire, warn, reprimand, or fire coaches. Take this right away because of emotonal and moral reasons, then no one is left in charge. Where is the boss?
    Perhaps BAM is starting to learn more about the English Premier League and the way coaches are hired and fired based strictly on performance. You cannot live on past glories. You must be a true professional in your management approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which part you dont agree? I would like to get your views since I understand you are a badminton coach.

Quote Originally Posted by pemuda
    here you are right and wrong (in my opinion!) - you can't say it's unprofessional, maybe use some other words because we just don't know the reasons behind that, hire tkh and inform rm.... (read my earlier post!)

also if i were you i would not address them as politicians,..... this i minus you points when i read it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Let us look at this from a more objective side. Coaches are hired and fired on their contributions in the form of silverware their charges can bring in. They are praised and even given "special rights", ala permanent citizenship, when a big trophy is brought back. Rightly, they should also be fired for repeated failures to repeat that first success. This is called professionalism. Professionalism and emotional attachments are deadly brothers and cannot live together. BAM must do what it must do. It is the right of the boss (management) to hire, warn, reprimand, or fire coaches. Take this right away because of emotonal and moral reasons, then no one is left in charge. Where is the boss?
    Perhaps BAM is starting to learn more about the English Premier League and the way coaches are hired and fired based strictly on performance. You cannot live on past glories. You must be a true professional in your management approach.
    true..very true, we learn day by day and use what's is right and there must always be a plan b..

if strictly on performance and firing coaches or even players too fast bam may end up with the management team participating tc2010....for a start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    here you are right and wrong (in my opinion!) - you can't say it's unprofessional, maybe use some other words because we just don't know the reasons behind that, hire tkh and inform rm.... (read my earlier post!)

also if i were you i would not address them as politicians,..... this i minus you points when i read it!
    Thanks for the feedback. In my opinion, hiring and firing is not something new but in TKH's case, I believe it should have been conducted in a more professional manner. Rexy is the head coach. If BAM wants to rope in TKH, at least run it thru with Rexy first. If BAM wants to get rid of Rexy, then tell the man upfront.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback. In my opinion, hiring and firing is not something new but in TKH's case, I believe it should have been conducted in a more professional manner. Rexy is the head coach. If BAM wants to rope in TKH, at least run it thru with Rexy first. If BAM wants to get rid of Rexy, then tell the man upfront.
    ya, if we know their reason, then we can say whether it's unprofessional or not..there could be something 'terrible' (am just speculating) and rm knowing it, is using his outburst to save his position, we just never know all....do we?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast