User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 109
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Normally the coach can't beat his student after the latter has acquired the basic skills.
    You can't teach old dog new tricks anymore...last night I played 6 doubles game with some very good players, we won 4-2, today, my back ache, my arm ache, and heck, everywhere ache so much so I can't go to the gym to do my usual 2.2 km run...oh dear. If coach pBmMalaysia is coaching in MAS, coach probably be good player....I need 13 points handicap upfront in a 15-point service game.

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    tax payers money? and you never ask for my form j, did you?
    As long as their salaries/perks/allowances etc are done within the limits of authorities set by BAM/NSC and subject to audit, we should respect Rexy/TKH's private matters.
    I didnt ask for your Form J because I understand and respect personal financial details are private.

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    You can't teach old dog new tricks anymore...last night I played 6 doubles game with some very good players, we won 4-2, today, my back ache, my arm ache, and heck, everywhere ache so much so I can't go to the gym to do my usual 2.2 km run...oh dear. If coach pBmMalaysia is coaching in MAS, coach probably be good player....I need 13 points handicap upfront in a 15-point service game.
    Bro, if you play badminton 1 on 1 with that pBmMalaysia chap, I put my money on you wiping him off the court.

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Bro, if you play badminton 1 on 1 with that pBmMalaysia chap, I put my money on you wiping him off the court.
    Thanks for your confidence lah...I don't know how old is that coach fellow...now, if I go back in time to 20, back to those innocent and carefree days when I was a young and ahem...good looking lad running around in KL, maybe got chance lah...hahaha! On the other hand, if the coach chap has a beer belly, maybe I got a chance cos' I do have good stamina, running 10-15 km a week and hitting the gym 5-6 days a week

  5. #73
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Thanks for your confidence lah...I don't know how old is that coach fellow...now, if I go back in time to 20, back to those innocent and carefree days when I was a young and ahem...good looking lad running around in KL, maybe got chance lah...hahaha! On the other hand, if the coach chap has a beer belly, maybe I got a chance cos' I do have good stamina, running 10-15 km a week and hitting the gym 5-6 days a week
    I also dont know how old he is but coach or no coach, badminton expert or no badminton expert, my money is on you. Seriously, badminton is not really my game, but if I play pBmMalaysia 1 on 1, I can dare say I can take at least 10 points off him in a 21 points match. Skills wise he may be better, but I am sure when it comes to stamina wise, he cant touch us. I am a stud when it comes to stamina and all.

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    I also dont know how old he is but coach or no coach, badminton expert or no badminton expert, my money is on you. Seriously, badminton is not really my game, but if I play pBmMalaysia 1 on 1, I can dare say I can take at least 10 points off him in a 21 points match. Skills wise he may be better, but I am sure when it comes to stamina wise, he cant touch us. I am a stud when it comes to stamina and all.
    Me too, baddy is not my game, I was into ping pong. Difficult to invest time to train in 2 sports, I pick ping pong. Tomorrow I have baddy game, singles game night, gonna play 3 singles game and I am done, nothing left...we have these 3 kiddos, pretty good players, age 15, 22 and 26, the 15 one is training at Winter Club and climbing the rank in our province, all 3 waiting to play me and knock me out. H2H, I am still leading, in fact, the 25 yr old one has yet to beat this old guy...some consolidation for oldies and geezers...hahaha...Hey, bro' gotta not go sideways here, otherwise that boss Drifit will issue summons and warning.... Talk to you later. Gotta go for dinner.

  7. #75
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I am flattered you call me a lad...hahaha...if you handicap me in a badminton match based on our age difference, we can make a game out of it but hmmm...you are a coach...I might still lose
    so you are still a player! let me tell you the different between a player and a coach (from my experience), as a player you would love to play just anybody, you would run, jump, smashes and come out with your tongue sticking out
    later when you are really a coach you would tell yourself, 'gee! not easy to be a player we need to have the physical fitness, strategies/tactical, technique and the mind (mental)...

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Normally the coach can't beat his student after the latter has acquired the basic skills.
    no, till now those acquiring basic skill, i can still take them, any age! it's those deceptive ones i am scared and again, any age...

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    no, till now those acquiring basic skill, i can still take them, any age! it's those deceptive ones i am scared and again, any age...
    Ok then, when OTB comes to Malaysia, lets have a 1 on 1 game with a side wager. Since you are a coach and can take anyone, you provide a handicap of say 6 points to OTB. 21 points match, one game. I put my money on OTB.

  9. #77
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    As long as their salaries/perks/allowances etc are done within the limits of authorities set by BAM/NSC and subject to audit, we should respect Rexy/TKH's private matters.
    I didnt ask for your Form J because I understand and respect personal financial details are private.
    that's the normal procedure but need to disclose also...

    maybe i heard you wrong:
    Originally Posted by Pemuda
    Dude, thats personal la. We must respect that. Or else why dont you put up your Form J here for us to have a look see.

  10. #78
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Bro, if you play badminton 1 on 1 with that pBmMalaysia chap, I put my money on you wiping him off the court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    I also dont know how old he is but coach or no coach, badminton expert or no badminton expert, my money is on you. Seriously, badminton is not really my game, but if I play pBmMalaysia 1 on 1, I can dare say I can take at least 10 points off him in a 21 points match. Skills wise he may be better, but I am sure when it comes to stamina wise, he cant touch us. I am a stud when it comes to stamina and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Ok then, when OTB comes to Malaysia, lets have a 1 on 1 game with a side wager. Since you are a coach and can take anyone, you provide a handicap of say 6 points to OTB. 21 points match, one game. I put my money on OTB.
    that would be fun having a friendly game with a side wager but here we are in the wrong forum!

    but i would like to start with you first, so start your training this very moment and while doing so, just let your adrenalin flows, let your lost badly nightmare comes alive so that your hands starts to shake and feet wobble every time you think of me squashing you and empty your bank account...

  11. #79
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    that's the normal procedure but need to disclose also...

    maybe i heard you wrong:
    Originally Posted by Pemuda
    Dude, thats personal la. We must respect that. Or else why dont you put up your Form J here for us to have a look see.
    Not really, unless they are public servants like PM, Ministers etc.

    Dude, please read the entire statement.

  12. #80
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    that would be fun having a friendly game with a side wager but here we are in the wrong forum!

    but i would like to start with you first, so start your training this very moment and while doing so, just let your adrenalin flows, let your lost badly nightmare comes alive so that your hands starts to shake and feet wobble every time you think of me squashing you and empty your bank account...
    Ok, to address this technical issue in order for us to stay on subject, let me talk a little more about TKH & Rexy...

    I am of the opinion, Rexy will go or be asked to leave this year. It is not a bad thing actually with Rexy leaving. With TKH, what we will have a fresh new approach. Once in a while, we need to change the broom.

    Ok on a side note, you are on. When OTB visit Malaysia, we will both play you 1 on 1. You dont have to give me a handicap. I say I can take 10 points off you in a 21 points match. Side wager would be great. It would be great to learn some badminton lessons from you.


  13. #81
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Not really, unless they are public servants like PM, Ministers etc.

    Dude, please read the entire statement.
    well if they are not at the liberty to disclose it, the press will surely snoop around, some of those inside the meeting will lead out..as always so its better they disclose...

  14. #82
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,620
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    You can't teach old dog new tricks anymore...last night I played 6 doubles game with some very good players, we won 4-2, today, my back ache, my arm ache, and heck, everywhere ache so much so I can't go to the gym to do my usual 2.2 km run...oh dear. If coach pBmMalaysia is coaching in MAS, coach probably be good player....I need 13 points handicap upfront in a 15-point service game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Bro, if you play badminton 1 on 1 with that pBmMalaysia chap, I put my money on you wiping him off the court.
    Based on 15 points game, depends on who serves first. If Uncle OTB serve first, I will go with him. Though >50 but with his fitness as mentioned, don't tell me you can't take 2 points from pBm. But again I think this arrangement is not fair to pBm.

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    no, till now those acquiring basic skill, i can still take them, any age! it's those deceptive ones i am scared and again, any age...
    Pemuda, better start learning these skills. May I suggest the matchup during Thomas Cup when many Bcers would be present.

  15. #83
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,620
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Ok on a side note, you are on. When OTB visit Malaysia, we will both play you 1 on 1. You dont have to give me a handicap. I say I can take 10 points off you in a 21 points match. Side wager would be great. It would be great to learn some badminton lessons from you.

    Do we need to buy tickets for this event?

  16. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Based on 15 points game, depends on who serves first. If Uncle OTB serve first, I will go with him. Though >50 but with his fitness as mentioned, don't tell me you can't take 2 points from pBm. But again I think this arrangement is not fair to pBm.

    Pemuda, better start learning these skills. May I suggest the matchup during Thomas Cup when many Bcers would be present.
    OTB vs pBM? Trust me, OTB will eat pBM's lunch.

    Matchup during TC? Will you play against pBmMalaysia as well?
    Maybe we can have a futsal match as well? You & pBm vs me & OTB.

  17. #85
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Ok, to address this technical issue in order for us to stay on subject, let me talk a little more about TKH & Rexy...

    I am of the opinion, Rexy will go or be asked to leave this year. It is not a bad thing actually with Rexy leaving. With TKH, what we will have a fresh new approach. Once in a while, we need to change the broom.

    Ok on a side note, you are on. When OTB visit Malaysia, we will both play you 1 on 1. You dont have to give me a handicap. I say I can take 10 points off you in a 21 points match. Side wager would be great. It would be great to learn some badminton lessons from you.

    to choose between a foreign and a local coach with equal or similar coaching abilities long term in mas, it would be best for obvious reasons...

    to look from the other side (bam), yes they need another coach just in case rm suddenly quits as those outburst in the past was his greatest mistakes.

    no matter what, a coach has to control his emotion and thats very8x hard. emotion lives inside and cannot be run free, sorry, rm, thats the way it is...

    on our future game with you and otb (and who is otb?) unless the timing is correct i am in kl otherwise going there for the games and giving lessons (as you said) and have to pay for the expenses, leaving my sessions to my assistants would not justify...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Warranty issue
    By silentheart in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 4
    : 02-01-2012, 06:40 PM
  2. Challenge Issue...
    By megafreak in forum Singapore
    Replies: 2
    : 12-12-2009, 06:08 PM
  3. My badminton bag issue
    By jumpthensmash in forum Badminton Bag
    Replies: 6
    : 02-13-2009, 11:13 AM
  4. Clamp Issue
    By Jan_BE in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 35
    : 11-10-2005, 09:56 AM
  5. Health issue
    By cooler in forum General Forum
    Replies: 5
    : 12-10-2000, 05:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •