Yonex Armortec 900P, 700 (old, new, LTD)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blitzzards, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Have you guys ever noticed that what Yonex says on the catalogues or specification sheets don't always hold true as what is shown on the racquet decorations?

The example I am about to give concerns the three racquets in the title (all which I own or have owned so for others I may not know). It is stated on the catalogues that the AT900P contains Micro Elastic Ti plus High Modulus Graphite on the shaft; but on the shaft itself, it actually says (other than the ultra light weight, head heavy specifications) Ultra High Modulus Graphite (no reference to Micro Elastic Ti).

Another case will be with the AT700s. On the old version, it actually does say Ultimum Ti + High Modulus Graphite, but on the newer colour and LTD versions, the Ultimum Ti has been omitted.

Long story short, do you people think that the catalogue lists are actually not as accurate as what is shown and stated on the racquet itself?

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Another thing I would like to add about the racquets is that after having owned a few AT700s with paint chips at the top frame near the [brown coloured] Titanium strip, it became apparent to me that the brown strip is not exactly a sturdy piece of Titanium alloy strip at all but just a very thin piece of almost foil-like metal (looks either Aluminium or Titanium, you decide). On the AT900 (both versions) however, that piece of Titanium strip is "real". The strip on the AT800s are also the same as on the AT700 (all generations/versions).

Opinions?

3. wannaliquorbox

wannaliquorbox Regular Member

i agree. if anything, i would go further to say that its mostly marketing jargon. a bunch of googly goog for the brand whores.

4. CrimsonRain

CrimsonRain Regular Member

Pharmacy Student
    I believe the Elastic Ti for the AT900P is for the head only. Mine is labled "Nanoscale Elastic Ti" at around 3'o clock.

But yeah, I kind of agree with wannaliquorbox (what a hard name to type out...) that Yonex most likely gives all these fancy names to "NEW ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY", but the fact is that these advances are probably small alterations in material that saves them money.

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    One of the words is missing in "Nanoscale Elastic Ti" on the frame because there is a patent therefore it cannot be used outside of Japan.

This one, is "GUMMETAL".

#5 Matt, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010