share your thought, experience and opinion on MO 2010

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by limsy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ticket and seat
    this year,they use free sitting system
    from what i experience,from qualification round to quater final,u can use free seating system as crowd can switch or change their seat when they want to watch different court player because the seat is not full;)
    and i enjoy watching with bcer
    but,in semis and final
    u cant do this,yes,the crowd will arive earlier
    but malaysian is not Singaporean or japanese,they wont line up properly and they start pushing from behind when the door open and the organiser didnt put the stand to separate the line.
    i suggest to have numbered seat start from semis to final.
    because,the main enterence open at 12.30 at the final,and the chaos start from then until 2.
    if u want the 1st come 1st serve base,there is no need to close the door

and they didnt separate the section properly
    only when someone is annoying the player who are warming up,then just they start to chase people out of that section and set up the obstacle and get people guarding there,and that is start from middle of day 3,they should start doing so at day 2:mad:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tournament referee and line judges
    the tournament referee is lousy as u can see in the tv,and in the earlier round,there is still the same problem happen on another player
    i only saw datuk lcw get the medical treatment on his finger.
    for the line judges,hmm,some of them is just lousy
    they were watching the rally,not watching the line,when they need to judge,they cant give the respond and the player is looking at the linejudge with the face saying:u are the line judges or audience?;)
    what a shame on malaysia
    there is many lousy judgment in many matches,not only when malaysia player invovle
    one of the example is,a double player smash the shuttle long,the line judges indicate it is both long and wide,because the one who guiding the side line is watching the rally,he dont know the shuttle in or out,he just react after another line judges say it is long;)
    shame

bcer that i meet
    kilod
    winnie
    ronnie14
    press100
    kak era
    pjswift
    jennifer
    ants
    badwally
    jimmy goh
    fastdrop
    leonardklh
    datuk low
    raphy
    terry
    lenneth
    abedeng
    avaatar
    michelle
    melanie
    george@chongwei
    tucked
    jk1980
    cyclone9
    nievk8701
    and a few female bcer who had not active and i forget most of their name in bc,sorry
    anyway,this is a great experience to meet all of u.
    many thanks to those who fetch me likejk1980,cyclone9,kak era,abedeng and terry
    and those who help me to buy the meal like ronnie14,kilod,press100
    and many more.

it was a great experience to able to meet u all and i gain so much information and experience when i chat with bcer like abedeng,jennifer,pjswift,ants,terry and avaatar:)
    i am sorry that i unable to reserve as many seat as needed in semis and final:(

i will post my opinion on player in their relative thread
    thanks for reading
    and hope u all share the opinion too:)

2. Lennethe

Lennethe Regular Member

Qouted limsy's writing to express my thanks too!!
    Thanks limsy, without you, i wont be there for MO!!
    The seefood is very nice~~ thanks ants!!

if asking my exp in MO - oh fine, dont ask me that, without LYD, everything is ruined...

3. winnie

winnie Regular Member

This year MO matches not so quality lerr.. jz a few nice 1

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha
    u are welcomed
    but u are not lucky on ur lyd and ur hp also lost:(

to me,there is quite a number of good matches:D
    depend on how u view them.
    i think i miss out sibugichai in the list^^:)

5. winnie

winnie Regular Member

pity u lennethe.. hw u lose it??

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

So..

..what did you learn about planning and actually executing the get-together? How was the response from the other BCers of the get-together?
    For T&UC gathering, any plan to have a baddy session? anyone wants to take up the task of organizing?:)

7. Lennethe

Lennethe Regular Member

taking a mini bus from sunway to subang ktm, dropped on the seat and i din realize.....:crying::crying::crying:

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    For a skinny fellow, you are really good at extortion :p of transportation and food. And for conveniently making me get a notice of "donation" from the police ..... :crying:

Anyway, to gain more information and experience beyond talking, you need to move out and travel more. And do more planning and execution of get-togethers and BC Tournaments as Chris (ctjcad) mentioned.

The planning of a BC proper get-together can take as long as 3 and a half months (eg. Jakarta Thomas/Uber Cup 2008).

But the world record for setting up and completing BC tournaments is under 24 hours at Sutera Harbour Resort in Kota Kinabalu 2008. With 2 hours of tournament time, racquet and shuttle sponsorship from Indonesian Super Series players, and no possibility of last minute withdrawals ala Lin Dan.

It was even commentated with the fluency similar to Gillian Clark, and tournament officiating maintained the Yellow Card (courtesy of Maybank), Red Card (CIMB Bank), and Black Card(EON Bank) rules.:D

9. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Frankly, the tournament officiating of MO2010 is mediocre. I have not seen this level of officiating since MO2005. As limsy mentioned, line judges were caught "sleeping" on the job and the tournament assistant referee did not manage the Bae Youn Joo incident well.

As for Stadium Putra itself, the momentary glitch in lighting power and the leaking roof show how well we've been taking care of a facility barely 12 years old.

The fans discipline did not improve as well. Blatant usage of camera flash is too common among fans, and yet this was done even by some of the official photographers!!!

We need to move to a new atmosphere as in Europe, where only the playing area is lit during matches and the fans sit in lower light conditions.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i have learn that my management is poor:(
    maybe need to attend management classes:eek:
    for the respond of others bcer
    u need to ask them
    i plan to have a badminton session with avaatar for tuc,still in planning stage,not sure yet.
    but i think i wont be able to organise bcer to sit togather during tuc as i might not be in that section

i tot the red card is from am bank?:p
    i will try my best to organise one if i can:)

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i totaly agree on what abedeng comment:mad:

12. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

I was watching MO final seated at last row of L6 (Premium Seat). The seats are below the Upper Tier (like "overhead shelter" for the last 5 rows). Half-way into the match, water poured from the upper tier onto the last 5th row. Everyone looked up to the 'ceiling'. There was a short drain pipe protruding out from edge of the upper tier (part of building design). Water continued to pour for few more seconds, and the unfortunate few ladies seated right below were wet.
    1) Question: What is a drain pipe doing right in the 'middle' of the stadium seatings?:confused:
    2) And, were the Premium Seats over sold? Because many people were standing behind the 'Premium seats demarcation area'. I was perspiring sitting in the last row in an air-conditioned stadium.:(

#12 Jimmy_Goh, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Well Jimmy, too bad but I did warn you guys that the Premium Seats are overrated. In the 2000 Thomas Cup, it was ok since Malaysian hopes went south early. But since then I have kept to the cheap and good Upper Tiers, on top of the commentary box and TV cams.

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

lennethe, for you its 'seafood', but for us who are not there is totally just 'seefood'....thru those photos posted.....:D:D

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Very good..

- You mean you're plannig a one-on-one baddy session with avatar??:confused:;)..If you (George) can find a place for a baddy get-together, that'll be great.
    - Yes, it's okay if you can't organize all the BCers to sit together during T&UC.
    After reading other members' opinion on their "Premium" seating experience (first come first serve basis), i think it might not be a bad idea to just get the Upper Tier seating.
    I recall during the 2007 WC, the seatings i got had numbers assigned (forgot whether they're Premium seatings or not).
    If they allow assigned seatings for the T&UC, then it might not be a bad idea to purchase an entire row of seats for the get-together.

16. Lennethe

Lennethe Regular Member

haha, agree agree!!:p

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no lah
    we can play together:)
    still planning:)
    if have numbered seat,then is good that we buy the entire row or even 2 rows:p

18. datuklow

datuklow Regular Member

Student
    It was funny to see the linejudge sleeping, i have not encountered this cute situation before, plus a lot match with bad line judgement. And i'm a victim of the rain too, my seat was all wet. And , the audience should not continue to make a lot of noise when rally started. At least the cheerleader know to stop when rally started

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    That's what we call, choreography experience.

But in 1988, that same cheerleader didn't stop when the rally started. Always shouted "Angkat!" (translated as "Lift!") if players were defending, and the word "Sungkit!" (actual translation = "Flick!") was used specifically as encouragement to Cheah Soon Kit, no matter what kind of shot he was playing. No doubt the then much slimmer Cheah found another 6 inches of jumpsmash elevation just by the power of "Sungkit!" alone ......... :D

20. datuklow

datuklow Regular Member

Student
    wow 1988, u remembered things that so long ago? i might not be in this world yet