User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Carlton prototype will be available in March 2011. I have played with on and it hits very nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  PrototypeV1.0.jpg
Views: 2061
Size:  45.3 KB Carlton prototype

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  prototypehead.jpg
Views: 2464
Size:  93.2 KB I was told the final version in march will look a bit different.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New how? Prototype 1.1?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well ive seen a 1.1 and a 1.2 on a website once maybe their bringing a new series out all at once

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post

What a lovely racketbag
    lol. failed...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So has anyone played with this racket that can offer a somewhat detailed review? I'd like to get one but they don't have Carlton in the US so I have to go by specs and reviews.

Also, there seems to be a Prototype Razor v1.1 coming on July 1st. Any comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think this Prototype v1.0 is crap? not worth getting it,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CARLTON Razor V1.2

228727-113137

This racket has been developed for advanced players with a defensive game. The balance point makes this racket head-light. Suitable for doubles players or those that have a deceptive game, this racket has great feel and manoeuvrability.
    Razor Guided Technology softens the impact of the shuttle on the string bed to improve touch and feel, but not how it's done conventionally. A grommetless construction at three and nine o'clock ensures direct contact between the cross strings and the racket frame. This increased synergy between the two makes for razor sharp control and feedback.
    Carlton's research and development department has been closely studying the bio mechanics of the badminton swing. This extensive research has been driven with one vision: to create a frame that delivers aerodynamic efficiency at every phase of the overhead badminton swing.
    Bio-mechanical analysis of the overhead badminton swing highlights two distinct aerodynamic directions evident during the swing phase. Air flow analysis during the swing phase also demonstrates the existence of two aerodynamic directions. The Bi-Axial Dynamics frame develops more efficient aerodynamics in both directions compared to competitor frames.
    This increased efficiency is delivered through a head cross sectional frame profile that is more aerodynamic than competitor frames. During development, over 80% of players stated the new Bi-Axial frame profile delivered increased swing speed.
    Sourced from Japan, Japanese Hi Modulus (HM) Carbon is the highest specification carbon available on the market ensuring your frame will outperform all other construction materials for frame response and stability.
    Precision engineering and the utilisation of the finest construction materials ensures your frame can accommodate 11% higher string tensions compared with competitor frames.
    Using a matrix structure, Carlton has re-engineered the end cap to reduce its weight by 28% contributing to overall enhanced playability.
    By combining the larger sweet spot size (resulting from an isometric geometry) and the increased air speed and control (created by the smaller conventional head geometry) within the same head shape, the new Optimetric head geometry delivers both power, airspeed and control in one frame.
    Each premium Carlton racket is carefully hand crafted to precise specifications by skilled craftsmen utilising over 40 years of experience.

• Length: 670mm
    • Weight: 86g
    • Flexibility: Flexible
    • Balance: Head Light

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CARLTON Razor V1.1

228725-113136

This racket has been developed for advanced players with an aggressive game. The balance point has been shifted, making the racket head-heavy, and this, along with the stiffened shaft, all suits the more aggressive player: there is a faster racket head speed, as well as a more powerful stroke.
    Razor Guided Technology softens the impact of the shuttle on the string bed to improve touch and feel, but not how it's done conventionally. A grommetless construction at three and nine o'clock ensures direct contact between the cross strings and the racket frame. This increased synergy between the two makes for razor sharp control and feedback.
    Carlton's research and development department has been closely studying the bio mechanics of the badminton swing. This extensive research has been driven with one vision: to create a frame that delivers aerodynamic efficiency at every phase of the overhead badminton swing.
    Bio-mechanical analysis of the overhead badminton swing highlights two distinct aerodynamic directions evident during the swing phase. Air flow analysis during the swing phase also demonstrates the existence of two aerodynamic directions. The Bi-Axial Dynamics frame develops more efficient aerodynamics in both directions compared to competitor frames.
    This increased efficiency is delivered through a head cross sectional frame profile that is more aerodynamic than competitor frames. During development, over 80% of players stated the new Bi-Axial frame profile delivered increased swing speed.
    Sourced from Japan, Japanese Hi Modulus (HM) Carbon is the highest specification carbon available on the market ensuring your frame will outperform all other construction materials for frame response and stability.
    Precision engineering and the utilisation of the finest construction materials ensures your frame can accommodate 11% higher string tensions compared with competitor frames.
    Using a matrix structure, Carlton has re-engineered the end cap to reduce its weight by 28% contributing to overall enhanced playability.
    By combining the larger sweet spot size (resulting from an isometric geometry) and the increased air speed and control (created by the smaller conventional head geometry) within the same head shape, the new Optimetric head geometry delivers both power, airspeed and control in one frame.
    Each premium Carlton racket is carefully hand crafted to precise specifications by skilled craftsmen utilising over 40 years of experience.

• Length: 670mm
    • Weight: 89g
    • Flexibility: Stiff
    • Balance: Head Heavy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, see, sounds great. :-)

Anybody actually played with this thing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the sound of the Razor 1.1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have only used the Razor proto V1.0 and liked it the newer ones will address the problem they had with the strings popping out of the guides on the outside of the frame at 3 and 9. As soon as i receive the newer version i will demo and post.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 1.2 looks the better of the two in clean white . Ratings apparently 5.5 for power, 10 for control and manoeuvrability ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll receive mine tomorrow and will keep you posted. Funny that V1.0 is still the most expensive one, followed by V1.1 and V1.2.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did not have a lot of time to play with the Carlton Prototype since I've also got an Arcsaber 7 new color for restring and test, FZ Forza Ti550 S, Victor Meteor X80, Tactic Arc Striker X Smash to test also.

First view, this racket looks badass! Some folks already noticed the racket when I played with it, but can also be the fact that I used to play with Yonex only. The most exclusive technique in this racket is the Razor Guided technology where the strings go around the frame and not through it. I'm happy it was strung when it was delivered, but it shouldn't be that difficult to restring. The factory string is from Carlton type X67 in yellow, which is a toprange from Carlton. The tension was also between 10 and 11 kg, so I was happy with it, since I string my rackets at 11 kg to compare. Too bad the grip was a little too large for me since I used to Yonex G4. I couldn't figure out what grip size this was. There was also a sticker with made in China on it. Makes me wonder why this racket is so expensive, since Carlton is a US\English brand. The black sections on the frame looked a little dirty at first. It had some smudge or something, but when I looked closer, it was more like a transparent paint where the carbon rackets shines through. It doesn't has the waves from for instance the Victor Meteor X80. The yellow stripes make it recognizable for those who know the racket. And when you doubt if it's the Carlton Prototype V1.0, just look at the 3 and 9 o'clock position. The frame is an aerodynamic frame so should has less air resistance.

Initial impression: the racket gives good response. It's not as stiff as many other rackets in the same range, but it generates good power. The feedback is very good and I could constantly place the shuttle where I want. Dropshots and net play was very precise, but this rackets playes best at the back court smashing and playing drives. At the net it lacked some speed to kill at the net. I manage to play the shuttle at the strings near the Razor guides, and you can really feel that it's off center. It's also less precise when you hit it, but not a lot. The Razor guides give a unique feel on impact and feels powerfull with a lot of control. I've played only a game with the racket including warming up (lend it out afterwards) and I'm not sure which racket I can use to compare with it. And since the summer vacation is starting in the Netherlands, there are not a lot opportunities to play. I'll try to find out which racket I can compare with. I think this racket is at his best in singles and offensive double play.

In my opinion, this racket is on par with the other top range rackets from Yonex, Victor and FZ Forza. But I do not expect less for that price, since I payed the same price as the Li Ning N90 II which is the second most expensive racket I own. I cannot give you exact ratings, but for now, this would be a top rated racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So CarbonexFan, that was a review of the Prototype v1.0 right? Which is similar to Razor V1.1 correct?

Anyone tried out the Razor V1.2?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast