User Tag List

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Results 273 to 289 of 490

Thread: ArcSaber 8 DX

  1. #273
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    are there much difference between arc 10 and arc 8 dx? anyone got any thoughts which is better?

  2. #274
    Regular Member ryim_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, China
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris1003 View Post
    are there much difference between arc 10 and arc 8 dx? anyone got any thoughts which is better?
    I haven't tried the 8DX yet but the 8DX should be stiffer. I am sure other BCF members who have used both can provide other comments.

    Its hard to say which is better so it comes down to the player.

  3. #275
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chiba Jp
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryim_ View Post
    I haven't tried the 8DX yet but the 8DX should be stiffer. I am sure other BCF members who have used both can provide other comments.

    Its hard to say which is better so it comes down to the player.
    yes arc8 is stiffer than arc10. again as someone has noted somewhere, to get good feed back feeling (as vibration) it is best strung at high tension (more than 26 lbs?). in other hand as tension rise maybe youll lose your power cause you have to hit harder (for me).

    ultra-pef has very (too) good vibration dampening, gift for high tension players, not for me maybe :P
    and of course good for string producers as high tension tend to break faster :P :P :P

  4. #276
    Regular Member ryim_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, China
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwidagdo View Post
    yes arc8 is stiffer than arc10. again as someone has noted somewhere, to get good feed back feeling (as vibration) it is best strung at high tension (more than 26 lbs?). in other hand as tension rise maybe youll lose your power cause you have to hit harder (for me).

    ultra-pef has very (too) good vibration dampening, gift for high tension players, not for me maybe :P
    and of course good for string producers as high tension tend to break faster :P :P :P
    I've been mostly using my MP99s over the years and if the ARC8DX is stiffer than the ARC10, then the 8DX should be more of a replacement than the ARC10. Although at the moment, the ARC10 seems to be a very good complement with my MP99s.

  5. #277
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chiba Jp
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryim_ View Post
    I've been mostly using my MP99s over the years and if the ARC8DX is stiffer than the ARC10, then the 8DX should be more of a replacement than the ARC10. Although at the moment, the ARC10 seems to be a very good complement with my MP99s.
    maybe your 99 had soften over the years to the point = arc10. whats your arc10 weight? 2u? if you comfortable with arc10 theres no point to replace it .

  6. #278
    Regular Member ryim_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, China
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwidagdo View Post
    maybe your 99 had soften over the years to the point = arc10. whats your arc10 weight? 2u? if you comfortable with arc10 theres no point to replace it .
    The MP99 is stiffer than the ARC10, and I've had many over the years so I am quite certain about that. You're right, I am not planning to switch to the 8DX any time soon but I do want to try it and see the difference

  7. #279
    Regular Member chilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    chilliwack, b.c., Can./Mas.
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    My review of Arcsaber 8DX is now available.

    Go to www.badminton-coach.co.uk to view.

    I'm also going to be filming a video review and will soon be testing Arcsaber 5, Arcsaber 008 and Nanospeed 850.

    To your success

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    You guys should check out Paul's review.
    Last edited by chilli; 04-13-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: sequence

  8. #280
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can anyone compare arc8dx and at900tech? Which one has better power? Quickness? What do you prefer?

  9. #281
    Regular Member chilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    chilliwack, b.c., Can./Mas.
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostcone View Post
    Can anyone compare arc8dx and at900tech? Which one has better power? Quickness? What do you prefer?
    I like the extra stiff shaft of the 8DX, but if possible, you should try them both before deciding. I had the A900P before the 8DX.

  10. #282
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Puchong, Malaysia
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is the best ever!
    with 26lbs using machine equally to 27lbs manually.. my smash was superb..
    the vibration.. my god! really wake u up..

  11. #283
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    agozz..rm5xx strung or unstrung?so,its worth it la?

  12. #284
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agozz View Post
    this is the best ever!
    with 26lbs using machine equally to 27lbs manually.. my smash was superb..
    the vibration.. my god! really wake u up..

    So...too much vibration or....as stable as a brick!?!?

  13. #285
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, I just didn't visit this site regularly for a few months and there are already a few new models out. So what racket is this new ArcSaber mostly like? From what I gather, it is quite a stiff racket? Anything else?

  14. #286
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Puchong, Malaysia
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    rashdan..
    the RM5xx comes with yonex string bg66, karakal grip and a botle of mineral water..

    really worth it..

  15. #287
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,085
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 8 vs 10

    I tried the 8DX on Tuesday, and it is certainly stiffer than the 10 (but no way is it "Extra Stiff" as the UK literature claims) and the frame feels squarer, giving a more solid feel at impact. The balance is also better, IMO, being more even.

  16. #288
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Damnit, I'm sensing the DX is like a ZS, except stiffer and with the 10's headshape, but slightly more even balanced.

    Now if only they'd make it in fluorescent yellow.

  17. #289
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,085
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Tiger View Post
    Damnit, I'm sensing the DX is like a ZS, except stiffer and with the 10's headshape, but slightly more even balanced.

    Now if only they'd make it in fluorescent yellow.
    Don't tell Gade, but I think the 8 is what the 10 should have been - the only department where it loses out is aerodynamics (and looks - 8DX is nice, but a bit bland in comparison; I would have liked to see the copper colour used a bit more freely). The string pattern, like the Z, is also quite busy; maybe the Arc 10 pattern would have been better...

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS/FT: Yonex 9900 for ArcSaber Z Slash/ArcSaber 8DX/MX 80
    By ghooga in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 5
    : 12-31-2011, 10:33 AM
  2. Arcsaber 008 and Arcsaber 009DX Maximum tension.
    By observer in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 5
    : 12-07-2011, 11:33 PM
  3. WTB: Looking For Arcsaber Z Slash, NS9900, Arcsaber 10, VT80, SOTX Woven 16
    By memo1820 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 11-24-2011, 12:49 PM
  4. Yonex ArcSaber 10 or ArcSaber Z Slash or Voltric 80 or AT900 P or Victor MX80
    By Polaroid in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 9
    : 04-05-2011, 02:25 PM
  5. FS: Arcsaber 10 Peter Gade Edition, Arcsaber 10, Bravesword 10 (GTA, North York, Canada)
    By blindfury in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 16
    : 02-02-2011, 07:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •