User Tag List

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: ArcSaber 8 DX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AFAIK, every shop in the quensway selling authentic yonex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishak.ahmad View Post
    AFAIK, every shop in the quensway selling authentic yonex.
    I just called a shop in queensway, they sale Arc 8DX (with free BG66 string and SuperGrab grip) on SGD 245
    Is the price interesting or too much ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys! Does anyone know if there is a 2ug5 Arc 8dx SP coded?

Arc 8dx is an amazing racket!

Mine is a Jp coded 2ug5, strung with bg 66 maxima @ 29x31

Previously I used At900p -> AT700 -> Arc 10 -> Arc Zslash-> Lining N90-> but now im in love with the arc 8dx havent tried returning smashes yet because i played singles the whole day! Would love to try this racket out for doubles

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was spending many days recently scouring the forums here for a good racquet suggestion, and finally decided to plop down the cash for this baby.

I must say it doesn't play as well as from the get-go than I thought it would. I would say I'm an intermediate player, so perhaps this was one level too high for me. It's strung with BG66 @ 26lbs.

The racquet is not much heavier than the Gosen Roots (can't remember which model exactly - it got whacked which is why I got the 8DX in the first place) and the Pro-Ace racquets that I was using for many years, but it certainly feels that way during play. Smashing and netplay was pretty exquisite, but defense for doubles play requires a lot more strength from my wrists than I'm used to. Half-court shots galore! I suppose I had underestimated how a more balanced racquet would completely alter my response times since I was more used to head-light racquets.

Will need to completely change my play style as I grow into this one. Or perhaps it's a matter of the strings used? I'll probably try a 24lbs using a thicker string next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hye people...

just to share experience... last 2 month bought ARC8DX... after playing with it i am so in love with it! the racket works everywhere in the court.... but few weeks ago, i had a minor clash.. i saw the paint chip off a bit so i think it's nothing but still worry in mind... after a few games later on same day, when i did a smash, i noticed the shuttle hit something and have a sound! first, i thought it was the string... and when i bring the racket in front my face.... the racket broke at 9oclock on the frame.. i was so down, emotional and start hitting shuttles like u never wanna hit it! its tense u know.... can u imagine that if u want something badly, u'll save up money to get... and after few weeks having it it breaks! i hate that feeling... but right now i brought the racket to the shop i bought and the shop owner ask me to fill up this "claim" form. and he also told me not to write on the claim form that the racket is clashed.... so maybe i have a potential to get it back if yonex management fully investigate the case... i am still down to earth and take it as lesson to learn. the shop owner is also an authorized dealer for yonex and im a regular to him so he might help. if i cant get my lovely toy ARC8DX again, that is so sad and i'l might consider buy slightly cheaper racket that similiar specs to ARC8DX...

when u have the racket in court, i think you're in a full control... that is what's the best of this racket... to people who are buying and seeking for this racket... please, u're in a right path... u just need to take a lil time to tame with him....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wat the strung tension when it clashed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First bought it was nbg98 strung at 27lbs just at the highest recommended tension. After a month using, i found that the string went a bit loose, clearing arent excellent as same as i get the racket. So i switch to bg80 strung at 25lbs and the racket was a superb. After few games 4-5 days alternately, clash and broke

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm onto my third 8DX..restrung again, with Li-Ning AP62 @ 26.5/28.5 #s. The first time, it lasted only 2 hours due to a miss-hit. Still have my second 8DX as a back-up at the moment. That one has the AP62 strung @ 26/28, and has lasted about 18 hours of semi-hard play! Amazing how such a thin string(0.62mm) has lasted this long. The only drawback is the loss of tension...can feel it in the smashes after about 10-15 hours of play, especially with the third DX freshly strung, one can really feel the tension drop(between the 2 rackets). Had NBG98 before the AP62, and always had to restring every 10+- hours due to loss of tension. IMHO this racket and string combo is my favourite(tried most of the high-end Yonex)...strongly recommended...a real treat playing a great racket strung with such thin string.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I'm a bit new here.

Is it normal that I have pain in my arm of playing with the YY ArcSaber 8DX?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasy View Post
    Hi,

I'm a bit new here.

Is it normal that I have pain in my arm of playing with the YY ArcSaber 8DX?
    yes i think it is possible. borrow a more user-friendly racket (i.e. more flexible shaft) from a friend and see how you go with it. the Arc8DX is quite stiff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should I go for the Arc7 or Armortec 600? For my 8DX I played with a Sotx 9 but I couldn't find a new one

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasy View Post
    should I go for the Arc7 or Armortec 600? For my 8DX I played with a Sotx 9 but I couldn't find a new one
    if you can borrow either of those racket to try out, then i suggest you do so first before purchasing. i've used the Arc7 in the past and absolutely loved the control it gave, however it lacks in power. i'm about to try the AT600.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks. I hope I will find somebody to test them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Don't know if it's any use to you but I've just loaded my first racket video review of Arcsaber 8DX onto Youtube.

It will be available on my blog later today www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Paul
    hi mr paul. what kind of string n tension would you recommend for this arc8dx? tq

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I may...I've used the Arc8DX since it came on the scene. I've tried it with BG80, BG85, NBG98, LiNing101N and LiNing62, and found the LiNing62 the most enjoyable because of the thinness of the string(0.62mm). I've always maintained the tension @26/28#s. Amazingly the thin string lasts as long as 20 hours. Tried upping the tension(2 times) to 26.5/28.5 and it lasted about 2-4 hours, both times. Just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    If I may...I've used the Arc8DX since it came on the scene. I've tried it with BG80, BG85, NBG98, LiNing101N and LiNing62, and found the LiNing62 the most enjoyable because of the thinness of the string(0.62mm). I've always maintained the tension @26/28#s. Amazingly the thin string lasts as long as 20 hours. Tried upping the tension(2 times) to 26.5/28.5 and it lasted about 2-4 hours, both times. Just my 2 cents
    thx bro. planning to get arc8dx as a back up to my ns9900 soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's the 8DX stiffness compared to NS9900? Arc8DX is rated as extra-stiff, and yet, it is less stiff than Z-Slash (stiff) according to yonex spec chart...confuse...

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast