User Tag List

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: ArcSaber 8 DX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasy View Post
    Hi,

I'm a bit new here.

Is it normal that I have pain in my arm of playing with the YY ArcSaber 8DX?
    First of all Welcome

This type of injury probably comes from the stiffness of the racquet, since Arc8DX is ranked as "very stiff" which is the max...
    It also can come from the balance, as Arc8dx is head heavy you have to force your arm to play..
    Now if you can, buy a racquet a bit more flexy, and even balanced- or head light.
    Arc7 is good, even balanced and not too stiff..

If you prefer keeping you Arc8dx, low the tension of the string and overall go to the doctor if it hurts you

Once again enjoy the forums

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loosening the tension about 2 #s usually helps. Next is trying to hit the bird slightly in front NOT @ your side...puts less stress on your elbow. Saw that on a tennis clip, and that helped me with my tennis elbow.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any bros can advise ARCSABER 8DX racket vs
    ARCSABER 10, which one is better in terms of smashing , and can it go above 25 tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends! Some ppl say 8dx some ppl say arc10. I had both and i think arc10 is good for smashing and 8dx has a good control anywhere in the court. For tension wise it depends to on individual. I am using 25lbs for both. If u have strong hand, increase ur tension then!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    Say, you play aggressively, you know how it is from the back court raining smashes, answering deep drives and smashes on mid court and kills loose shuttle above the net. You want a racquet that gives you that smash without the recoil and at same play that quick response while attacking near the net.

Here's my conflict, I used to have a Yonex Ti-10 3rd Gen and I've already broken it. I've been longing to buy one of the very few Yonex Ti-10 2nd Gens (the yellow). Brand new and are all genuinely authentic. Because this particular store is known for selling camping and gym equipments. Probably nobody knows they have them. And recently this Yonex Arc8DX came along.

I didn't know what Arc8DX was when I borrowed it from another player. I just thought it was another Yonex "spin-off" like what they did with the AT series. With my suprise, this Arc8DX was exactly doing what I wanted it to do. I could smash, no sweat, everytime the shuttle lobes over my head, sharp crosscourts, drops, corning the works! This racquet is UNBELIEVABLE!!!CRAZY EVEN!!!

Can somebody here tell me would it be regrettable just to forget about the 2nd Gen Ti-10's, everyone here knows these baby's are resilient and quite legendary, and move on with the Arc8DX?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bai_bay, if it works well for you, what's the value in the name? I wouldn't care if the Ti-10 gives TBH a better smash, or if the AT700G1 is the most popular. If the Arc8 works better for you, the Arc8 is the racket for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    First of all Welcome

This type of injury probably comes from the stiffness of the racquet, since Arc8DX is ranked as "very stiff" which is the max...
    It also can come from the balance, as Arc8dx is head heavy you have to force your arm to play..
    Now if you can, buy a racquet a bit more flexy, and even balanced- or head light.
    Arc7 is good, even balanced and not too stiff..

If you prefer keeping you Arc8dx, low the tension of the string and overall go to the doctor if it hurts you

Once again enjoy the forums
    Hi,

Thanks for the info but I find that the Arc8dx doesn't feel head heavy. Before I played with a Sotx Woven 9A

My tension is only 20 lbs so I don't think it comes from this. Now I don't have pain anymore only a bit in my elbow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    bai_bay, if it works well for you, what's the value in the name? I wouldn't care if the Ti-10 gives TBH a better smash, or if the AT700G1 is the most popular. If the Arc8 works better for you, the Arc8 is the racket for you.
    Well TBH broke the smash record with the Z-Slash as FHF is still having a hard time with his N50.
    I started competing with a Ti-7 Light and long for Ti-10 back when I couldn't afford one. I only tried Arc 8dx once and I seem to see its noticeably new and kinda expensive for now. Since I've not been trying to win a game seriously these past couple of months, thank you so much BSW08 and a little from SW35 for holding me back, I went with the Ti-10 for comfort's sake. But I intend to get a Arc8dx soon next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bai_bay View Post
    Well TBH broke the smash record with the Z-Slash as FHF is still having a hard time with his N50.
    I started competing with a Ti-7 Light and long for Ti-10 back when I couldn't afford one. I only tried Arc 8dx once and I seem to see its noticeably new and kinda expensive for now. Since I've not been trying to win a game seriously these past couple of months, thank you so much BSW08 and a little from SW35 for holding me back, I went with the Ti-10 for comfort's sake. But I intend to get a Arc8dx soon next year.

Probably you will be flames for the smash record comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bai_bay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiez View Post
    Probably you will be flames for the smash record comment.
    Haha... probably... here's some WC2010 facts. In WC2010, FHF is constantly hitting smashes in the 290's with his N50 and TBH went back to his trusty Ti10. TBH barely managed a 280. As a matter of observation, even after setting his smash record for Yonex Marketing, TBH never used the ArcZ but continued with then his NS9900 and finally back to Ti10.

Personally, it's still whatever works best for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotten 1 8DX, trying out this Tue. I already has a NS9900 but eager to try new one after Wilson BLX Wave disappoint me (not my type). Posting my review coming week

What is the string recommended?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gavinloh View Post
    Gotten 1 8DX, trying out this Tue. I already has a NS9900 but eager to try new one after Wilson BLX Wave disappoint me (not my type). Posting my review coming week

IMO, it performs best with BG85.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey will be waiting for ur review as i plan of getting hold of a arc8dx too, used it briefly and it kinda surprise me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Racquet: Yonex ArcSaber 8DX
    String: BG 66 @ 26-27lbs
    Skill: Amateur to Intermediate level (me)

Comparison with YY NS9900 as a standard.

Initial Feel:
    Much heavier as overall compare to my exising NS9900. Definately slight heavy head but not as heavy head as AT600. Swinging for clear, lob is easier and more powerful than NS9900. Initial smash can generate around 10% more power than my NS9900.

However, due to its weight, defence is definately slower, around 20% for my standard compare with NS9900.

Game time:
    Due to unable to adjust the weight different, I switched back to NS9900. Unable to comprehend for double matches.

Net Play:
    Havent really tried. Feedback again.

Recommendation:
    Amazing how KKK can use it in double matches. For me, this is definately for intermediate single player and above as it will pull down your defence. I will still stick to my beloved NS9900. Sideline it for training and single matches for now.

*Due to inconsistency for Karakal Traction grip that I purchased, the grip is too thick for my liking and definately unable to perform good control. Will feed back again after few more rounds and net play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Racquet: Yonex ArcSaber 8DX
    String: BG 66 @ 26-27lbs
    Skill: Amateur to Intermediate level (me)

Comparison with YY NS9900 as a standard.

Initial Feel:
    Much heavier as overall compare to my exising NS9900. Definately slight heavy head but not as heavy head as AT600. Swinging for clear, lob is easier and more powerful than NS9900. Initial smash can generate around 10% more power than my NS9900.

However, due to its weight, defence is definately slower, around 20% for my standard compare with NS9900.

Game time:
    Due to unable to adjust the weight different, I switched back to NS9900. Unable to comprehend for double matches.

Net Play:
    Havent really tried. Feedback again.

Recommendation:
    Amazing how KKK can use it in double matches. For me, this is definately for intermediate single player and above as it will pull down your defence. I will still stick to my beloved NS9900. Sideline it for training and single matches for now.

*Due to inconsistency for Karakal Traction grip that I purchased, the grip is too thick for my liking and definately unable to perform good control. Will feed back again after few more rounds and net play.
    That's why KKK lose steam at the final. Not enough stamina to wield it all the time. Or maybe when going against difficult opponents, it became a burden.
    Last edited by zombiez; 09-28-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zombiez, I believe ArcSaber is really good in net play esp in KKK scenario (he like fancy deception) and it really take the toll for defensive if your wrist is not strong enough. Aside that, it has up to 27lbs max string tension which indicate this is for power user and intermediate user as well.

I strongly believe this has better feel than NS9900 if I have thinner grip (got small palm, haha). Again, this is personal preference as I maybe used to Nanospeed series and play double matches more often than singles. Will try single matches this Sun and update you all again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zombiez, I believe ArcSaber is really good in net play esp in KKK scenario (he like fancy deception) and it really take the toll for defensive if your wrist is not strong enough. Aside that, it has up to 27lbs max string tension which indicate this is for power user and intermediate user as well.

I strongly believe this has better feel than NS9900 if I have thinner grip (got small palm, haha). Again, this is personal preference as I maybe used to Nanospeed series and play double matches more often than singles. Will try single matches this Sun and update you all again.

I'm not saying that he is using the wrong racket. He is not really a power player.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast