User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 171 to 187 of 242
  1. #171
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,038
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayabrea View Post
    This just in, LD choked on the cigar, fell over his chair and hurt his right hand. Thousands of gamblers rush to ER due to unexpected cardiac arrest due to upset. The sacrafice of small animals has convinced the dark gods to empower BCL to pull a huge upset today. LCW has purchased a case of champaigne and cigars to celerbrate LD's los... I mean BCL's win. The final should be epic.

    Ayabrea
    Dang, that was classic

  2. #172
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,945
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SO lin dan lost in the quarter final to bao chun lai who was then lost to kenichi tago of Japan.

    Should we ask bao chun lai what's the secret recipe that he know to beat lin dan?

  3. #173
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    so this is not about who is better or how to beat LD but it's about who got a better backhand smash??? I never claim LD backhand smash was the best. That's why i 'use' the almighty taufik's videos to make my point.

    To beat LD is to win over LD. Having the best backhand is for show, and not much dough. How many game TH won because of his almighty backhand smash ???

    If backhand smash is a so great winning shot, the 'thing' (TXH) would have had LD's backhand smash to be as good or better than taufik.
    Here the secrets to beat LD is finally reviewed.
    P.S.- use with cautions because the writer at times dont even know what he was writing.

  4. #174
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayabrea View Post
    Cause his livelihood is at stake. Athletics in China is very different than capitalistic countries.
    Professional athletes are brought up solely to play competitively in international play, they are not provided with sufficient education for self determination outside of the sport they have been brought up to play. Unfortunately, the gap between first and second place is huge, to the point where its meaningless. For example, if you watched the 3000M short track at the winter 2010 olympics , you can see the differences in reaction between them winning gold and silver. When they won silver, they looked like they lost. It wasn't until they won gold did they begin to celerbrate. China's policy is borderline only first place gets rewarded. LD has at least another 1 olympics in him, so you can be damn sure he's going to train for gold.

    Ayabrea
    we all know that and i think you are not aware of ld's standing right now, he's no more the up and coming athletic needing big titles to work his way up! he has fame and fortune now and if i am not wrong he could be richest badminton player ever...if i were him i would not want to sweat it ever again to win some small $$ whereby he can post here and there, pretend to sing a song or 2 and makes more $$$ with beautiful girls around...???

  5. #175
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Here the secrets to beat LD is finally reviewed.
    P.S.- use with cautions because the writer at times dont even know what he was writing.
    aha..you better take good shelter now, you got on his nerves and he will be coming for you with lin dan still sober i hope...

  6. #176
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    we all know that and i think you are not aware of ld's standing right now, he's no more the up and coming athletic needing big titles to work his way up! he has fame and fortune now and if i am not wrong he could be richest badminton player ever...if i were him i would not want to sweat it ever again to win some small $$ whereby he can post here and there, pretend to sing a song or 2 and makes more $$$ with beautiful girls around...???
    I am fully aware of his status in the badminton world, he has virtually achieved every conceivable award in badminton. The only thing left is for him to set records. I have no doubt in my mind that he is among the richest badminton players in the world and I fully agree with your idea, if I were him, I, too, would use my fame and fortune to pursue other more profitable things than compete in badminton for insignificant rewards.

    However, the Chinese government also realize this and if Lin Dan were allowed to pursue what you purpose, it would mean the premature termination of their return from all that they have invested in Lin Dan. So the Chinese governments have things in place to prevent this sort of thing and the proof is simple:

    Observe that Yonex had been a major sponsor for Lin Dan before the Olympic games, they even made a special AT700 limited edition racquet for him, something reserved for only the badminton elite. The 2008 Olympic games roll around and he switches to Li Ning, a relative newcomer in the badminton racquet industry. So I ask the question, who would you prefer to be your major sponsor? Li Ning or Yonex? Its obvious that Yonex would be much more rewarding because they hold a dominating share of the market, in fact, I dare say that there is nothing that Li Ning can offer to Lin Dan that Yonex cannot meet or even double, but yet, Lin Dan switched to Li Ning. Why? Because the Chinese government said so. There are things put in place by the Chinese government to ensure absolute obedience from their people, Lin Dan is no exception. This is the unfortunate reality of being a Chinese athlete.

    Ayabrea

  7. #177
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayabrea View Post
    I am fully aware of his status in the badminton world, he has virtually achieved every conceivable award in badminton. The only thing left is for him to set records. I have no doubt in my mind that he is among the richest badminton players in the world and I fully agree with your idea, if I were him, I, too, would use my fame and fortune to pursue other more profitable things than compete in badminton for insignificant rewards.

    However, the Chinese government also realize this and if Lin Dan were allowed to pursue what you purpose, it would mean the premature termination of their return from all that they have invested in Lin Dan. So the Chinese governments have things in place to prevent this sort of thing and the proof is simple:

    Observe that Yonex had been a major sponsor for Lin Dan before the Olympic games, they even made a special AT700 limited edition racquet for him, something reserved for only the badminton elite. The 2008 Olympic games roll around and he switches to Li Ning, a relative newcomer in the badminton racquet industry. So I ask the question, who would you prefer to be your major sponsor? Li Ning or Yonex? Its obvious that Yonex would be much more rewarding because they hold a dominating share of the market, in fact, I dare say that there is nothing that Li Ning can offer to Lin Dan that Yonex cannot meet or even double, but yet, Lin Dan switched to Li Ning. Why? Because the Chinese government said so. There are things put in place by the Chinese government to ensure absolute obedience from their people, Lin Dan is no exception. This is the unfortunate reality of being a Chinese athlete.

    Ayabrea
    noted and i think the above was reported in the press and also from some bc members.

    well, since you mentioned it so detail, one question which i couldn't find the answer yet - if the government is in a way 'influential' (hope this is not politic), then how come they have no control over him in terms of his 'new life'? i don't have to know much about it but he did mentioned in his press interview..about his training

  8. #178
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    With LD's reported earnings in millions of US$, I have no doubt he is the richest player of all time. During my KL trip, Eric from Pertama Complex told me that LD income from endorsement to winning prize $$$, etc are withhold by CHN, and will be released to LD upon his retirement. That way, LD keeps motivated to play and train, not getting spoiled, even though he is very rich and can retire anytime as you say. When LD can or 'allow' to retire, if you read carefully, is for CHN to decide (i.e. when LD is no longer good and someone can take over, I guess). I find this very interesting and differs from BAM which reward her players instantly and the players went downhill after that (Pemuda has said this many times before). Maybe Rudy from his contact and friendship with the CHN players can clarify.

  9. #179
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    ...I find this very interesting and differs from BAM which reward her players instantly and the players went downhill after that (Pemuda has said this many times before). Maybe Rudy from his contact and friendship with the CHN players can clarify.
    OT :
    China is different from other countries. Plus I read that LD bought a nice apartment with XXF,need $$$ for that.

    BAM is actually slower than quite a number democratic countries in terms players actually getting their winnings (1 yr or later). Some rewards are also less in comparision

  10. #180
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    OT :
    China is different from other countries. Plus I read that LD bought a nice apartment with XXF,need $$$ for that.

    BAM is actually slower than quite a number democratic countries in terms players actually getting their winnings (1 yr or later). Some rewards are also less in comparision
    Agree CHN is quite different than others. Actually, when I first heard that, I can see it is possible CHN can do that to LD and anyone. CHN players are selected and trained from young, state sponsored and all. CHN can claim 50% of winnings from tournament winnings and players get to keep the other 50% only.
    What I did not say exactly is that CHN does not withhold ALL 100% $$$, LD gets some $$$ for his needs like apartment, spending, etc. Not really a bad thing for CHN to do...it is win-win...CHN developed LD be what he is today, LD glorify CHN, LD gets rich and famous and not get spoiled, etc....it works and both sides benefit.
    Again, it is what I heard and I find it quite interesting and if you think carefully, it is possible. Maybe someone can confirm this 'rumour'.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 03-16-2010 at 12:09 PM.

  11. #181
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    OT :
    China is different from other countries. Plus I read that LD bought a nice apartment with XXF,need $$$ for that.

    BAM is actually slower than quite a number democratic countries in terms players actually getting their winnings (1 yr or later). Some rewards are also less in comparision
    Actually, I am not referring to the delayed and still-not-paid-yet SSF $$$ IOUs to LCW, TBH-KKK, WPT-CEH. Those are promised $$$ and should be paid ASAP to these players, it is like a contract, the players delivered the wins so should be paid and not delayed.
    I was more referring to the million RM paid out to the 1992 TC team, maybe even the $$$ pay to HH for AE03, or the rumoured $$$ payout to KKK/TBH for AE MD win, that many posters here have alluded to getting these players spoiled and lost their hunger.
    LCW may be different, in spite of being rich and famous, with Datukship, he still trains hard and delivers the wins.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 03-16-2010 at 12:11 PM.

  12. #182
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayabrea View Post
    Observe that Yonex had been a major sponsor for Lin Dan before the Olympic games, they even made a special AT700 limited edition racquet for him, something reserved for only the badminton elite. The 2008 Olympic games roll around and he switches to Li Ning, a relative newcomer in the badminton racquet industry. So I ask the question, who would you prefer to be your major sponsor? Li Ning or Yonex? Its obvious that Yonex would be much more rewarding because they hold a dominating share of the market, in fact, I dare say that there is nothing that Li Ning can offer to Lin Dan that Yonex cannot meet or even double, but yet, Lin Dan switched to Li Ning. Why? Because the Chinese government said so. There are things put in place by the Chinese government to ensure absolute obedience from their people, Lin Dan is no exception. This is the unfortunate reality of being a Chinese athlete.

    Ayabrea
    I am sorry to point out, but you're wrong once again. Li Ning is very well establish in China and you can find their outlet in every cities there, big or small. They are comparable to Nike and Adidas in China.

    Li Ning is bigger than Yonex in terms of cooperate size too and that's why they have the power to take over the sponsorship and enter the badminton market in such a short period. Although I can't deny the existence of political influence.

    Also Yonex is not as dominant as you imagined in China. Yonex are quite expensive in China standard and most local people buy the local brands(or clone).

    The fact is, Li Ning can offer so much more to the Chinese team that Yonex can't match, and that's why they made the switch (along with the political reasons). Likewise, Korea has also abandoned Yonex.

    PS: Li-ning also make custom racket for LD.

  13. #183
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BCL beat Lin Dan by smashing to his backhand. That's all I have to contribute

  14. #184
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    I am sorry to point out, but you're wrong once again. Li Ning is very well establish in China and you can find their outlet in every cities there, big or small. They are comparable to Nike and Adidas in China.

    Li Ning is bigger than Yonex in terms of cooperate size too and that's why they have the power to take over the sponsorship and enter the badminton market in such a short period. Although I can't deny the existence of political influence.

    Also Yonex is not as dominant as you imagined in China. Yonex are quite expensive in China standard and most local people buy the local brands(or clone).

    The fact is, Li Ning can offer so much more to the Chinese team that Yonex can't match, and that's why they made the switch (along with the political reasons). Likewise, Korea has also abandoned Yonex.

    PS: Li-ning also make custom racket for LD.
    I never said anything about Li Ning being bigger than Yonex. What Yonex can offer to their players is in direct relation to how many racquets they can sell because revenue from the racquet sales is where the royalties comes from. Therefore, a more accurate comparison would be to compare the Yonex's share of the badminton market in comparison to Li Ning.

    Upwards of 80% of all professional badminton players use Yonex racquets, thats 4 out of every 5 players, conceivably the general consumer market would reflect that as well. This means that Li Ning is left to compete with everyone else in the remaining 20% of the market as Yonex already holds 80% of it.

    Assuming optimal earning from Li Ning where they hold the remaining 20%, this would mean that the royalty rate per racquet Li Ning would have to pay their athletes would have to be at least 4 TIMES the rate that Yonex pays just to match what Yonex can offer to their players because Yonex has the sheer volumes of sales on their side. Note, this is assuming optimum conditions, in reality, its probably 6 to 8+ times when factoring in all of the other badminton manufacturers that also occupy the remaining 20% of the market. Already, you can see that Yonex hold an overwhelming marketing advantage. There is nothing that Li Ning can offer that Yonex can't match.

    Li Ning might very well be the dominating sports provider in China, but professional players won't be leaving the Yonex All England to compete in the Li Ning All England anytime soon because Yonex is still the dominating provider of badminton racquets.

    Ayabrea

  15. #185
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    noted and i think the above was reported in the press and also from some bc members.

    well, since you mentioned it so detail, one question which i couldn't find the answer yet - if the government is in a way 'influential' (hope this is not politic), then how come they have no control over him in terms of his 'new life'? i don't have to know much about it but he did mentioned in his press interview..about his training
    That's easy, they don't control every single aspect of his life because they are now under the international spotlight. China's rapidly expanding economy is establishing them as a dominant power international politics, thus they have an image and reputation to build and maintain as their influence grows. Therefore, they allow certain freedoms to their athletes to promote a humanitarian image, but in reality, the government makes all the important decisions. Everything can and probably is already arranged in such a way that all of an athlete's assets can be simply taken away when they no longer obey as they are not a capitalistic country.

    Ayabrea

  16. #186
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayabrea View Post
    I never said anything about Li Ning being bigger than Yonex. What Yonex can offer to their players is in direct relation to how many racquets they can sell because revenue from the racquet sales is where the royalties comes from. Therefore, a more accurate comparison would be to compare the Yonex's share of the badminton market in comparison to Li Ning.

    Upwards of 80% of all professional badminton players use Yonex racquets, thats 4 out of every 5 players, conceivably the general consumer market would reflect that as well. This means that Li Ning is left to compete with everyone else in the remaining 20% of the market as Yonex already holds 80% of it.

    Assuming optimal earning from Li Ning where they hold the remaining 20%, this would mean that the royalty rate per racquet Li Ning would have to pay their athletes would have to be at least 4 TIMES the rate that Yonex pays just to match what Yonex can offer to their players because Yonex has the sheer volumes of sales on their side. Note, this is assuming optimum conditions, in reality, its probably 6 to 8+ times when factoring in all of the other badminton manufacturers that also occupy the remaining 20% of the market. Already, you can see that Yonex hold an overwhelming marketing advantage. There is nothing that Li Ning can offer that Yonex can't match.

    Li Ning might very well be the dominating sports provider in China, but professional players won't be leaving the Yonex All England to compete in the Li Ning All England anytime soon because Yonex is still the dominating provider of badminton racquets.

    Ayabrea
    Your example is irrational.

    Take iphone for example, they have dominated the smart phone market and left their competitor behind for at least 3 years when the iphone was introduced. Was Apple ever a phone maker before? NO. But they have a strong foundation of their brand image and that's how they success when entering the phone market.

    Similarly, Li Ning have the brand name and capital to out do Yonex in China. There is no more Yonex China Open and now it is replaced with Li Ning China Open. Li Ning is not into the England market yet, but don't be surprise if the sponsorship get take over one day, thus Li Ning All England.

    It is not cheap to sponsor the STRONGEST team in badminton and Li-Ning does it in 1 shot.

    Their maybe 80% of players using Yonex (as of today), but 100% of the Gold medal of YONEX all england 2009 was captured by Li-Ning team. So does it prove that Li-Ning equipment are superior? Nope, but I believe they have success in marketing themselves on the first year.

    LD defeat was becuz BCL was at his best form and LD didn't played his best and not because of the brand that sponsor him.

  17. #187
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol
    just relax
    he is now helping others to beat himself

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why LYD/LHJ still can't beat ZB/MJ?
    By suetyan in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009
    Replies: 22
    : 03-22-2009, 04:24 AM
  2. Can Cai/Fu beat kkk/tbh?
    By Ching293 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 50
    : 05-20-2008, 08:00 AM
  3. who can beat lin dan ?
    By belfastnole in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 25
    : 04-16-2004, 03:53 PM
  4. INA beat HKG:3-0
    By Yudhi in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 05-04-2001, 12:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •