User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..anyone else noticed LD is possibly following the same footprint as last yr, in terms of tournament participation?? Last yr, his 1st tourney back was the AE followed by, yes, the Swiss Open (which he lost to LCW in the Final).

So, should SuperDan participate in the upcoming Swiss Open after the AE, for all the players trying to slay SuperDan, take heed and focus on the 2nd tourney.
    Forget all this about LD being tired after AE and usually losing in 2nd SS, I bet my horse LD not playing SO10, so just sign up for SO and w/o LD there, easier for all other players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up possible just possible if..

thats smart - you play your opponent when his form starts to drop while you are in your peak.

but all this has got to do with a good timing and beside getting well prepared physically and mentally, there maybe some risk in it.

to make it happen somebody need to switch the date for a.e. and s.o.. so that ld plays s.o. first then everybody suddenly appears in a.e. and make a sandwich out of him?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    thats smart - you play your opponent when his form starts to drop while you are in your peak.

but all this has got to do with a good timing and beside getting well prepared physically and mentally, there maybe some risk in it.

to make it happen somebody need to switch the date for a.e. and s.o.. so that ld plays s.o. first then everybody suddenly appears in a.e. and make a sandwich out of him?
    It won't help because for sure LD will skip S.O..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Here's another tricky part..

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Forget all this about LD being tired after AE and usually losing in 2nd SS, I bet my horse LD not playing SO10, so just sign up for SO and w/o LD there, easier for all other players
    ..say, assume LD partakes in back to back tourneys, we might not know which tourneys he'll be focusing or trying to win? Will it be the 1st or 2nd tourney? The players will be second guessing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he's not playing MO prior to AE, what make u think would LD play SO before AE?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..say, assume LD partakes in back to back tourneys, we might not know which tourneys he'll be focusing or trying to win? Will it be the 1st or 2nd tourney? The players will be second guessing..
    I bet my second and all my horses LD will not miss AE10...SO10 who cares. Actually LD cabinet is full and not much real estate left to store another medal/trophy so gotta be selective what to put in there lah...OK let's assume this scenario if LD play/win SO and skip/lose AE...LD has kids, his kids grow up and ask LD, what is that SO thingie medal...LD replied, well, there is this place with mountains and beau scenery, skiing and plenty of blondies and that is where I won this biscuit....now, if the biscuit is AE gold, LD replied, well, this is a major, there was this Rudy guy who once won 8 of them thingie and there called him the best until I come along but then CHN did not play at that time, so it is valuable stuff and also, I get to deny that Dato guy his first major
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 01-28-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow m.o./a.e./s.o. or m.o./s.o./a.e

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    if he's not playing MO prior to AE, what make u think would LD play SO before AE?
    true, ld didn't play m.o. prior to a.e. reason probably he has not overcome the 'scare tactic'

or probably m.o. & a.e. they are too far in between.

the above subject to somebody switch s.o. first before a.e.!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question ld: i play major only no more minor tournaments?

it's just an idea shared, probably ld won't play s.o. after he play/win/lost a.e. but if he keeps missing the 'smaller tournaments' like m.o. & s.o. and the rest of the world players follows his habits then probably he will be cornered in one of the major!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's just an idea shared, probably ld won't play s.o. after he play/win/lost a.e. but if he keeps missing the 'smaller tournaments' like m.o. & s.o. and the rest of the world players follows his habits then probably he will be cornered in one of the major!
    My take is LD is hanging around for 2 more years for one reason only and that is OLY12. All these WC, AE, AG, forgetable SS are just roadblocks to get qualifying points and LD has all or most of them already. Really what the heck is another SO means?
    If LD wins OLY12, can you picture how big is that in terms of everything relating to badminton...from endorsement deals, huge $$$, LD could potentially be the next Lining in CHN (think business after badminton), history in the making as the only 2X OLY gold, the greatest of them all in badminton achievements and in the biggest or eventually the biggest economy in the world. Too much at stake and OLY12 is the key...If OLY12 is held this year, win-lose (no draw), LD retires. Come to think of it, LD skipping SS and appearance in photo-op would get him more $$ for appearance fee than playing 5 days only to win a meagre $17K. Too much work, my friend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I was walking through Tsim Sha Tsuitoday... say LD's brand....
    Too dodgy :S.... I think sportsmen should stick to sporting clothes and not streetwear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD street wear have release ??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    LD street wear have release ??
    Yah saw it in some sport shops with a huge poster of him wearing some LD jacket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan can nitpick whichever tournament he wants and it is obvious which is which (majors).

Can I play him while he is hops on one leg?

LD Streetwear? Like FUBU, Phatfarm, Bathing Ape, etc.? Really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everybody here can give his or her opinion, whether professional or amateur how to beat ld!
    How to beat Lin Dan? In your dreams.
    A silly question deserves a silly answer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEs View Post
    Lin Dan can nitpick whichever tournament he wants and it is obvious which is which (majors).

Can I play him while he is hops on one leg?

LD Streetwear? Like FUBU, Phatfarm, Bathing Ape, etc.? Really?
    Yep Gstar stylez

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone knows how to beat LD, there is a job waiting for u LD in the past, tends to take his opponent lightly and he lost (e.g. OLY04). But those are in his younger days. Come the majors this time, I bet he will train like no tomorrow and 100% focus...the way I think LD can be beaten is his form sucks on that day like in AEG09 and his opponent play the game of his life standing on water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question sun tze

Quote Originally Posted by ytyang View Post
    How to beat Lin Dan? In your dreams.
    A silly question deserves a silly answer.
    i wouldn't do that in my dreams or even if anyone wants to dream of that it's highly unlikely.

maybe apply sun tze's tactic?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast