User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    You have drifted too far Mr. cooler...

LD can do a decent backhand cross-court clear ==> LD can do a decent backhand smash? Huh? Are you kidding me here?

Furthermore LD CANNOT do backhand clears "as well as" Taufik... Just watch how LD needs to prepare for his backhands while TH does them almost casually, like spending no energy at all... Listen to Morten Frost's AE 08 TH vs LCW commentary if you don't understand what I mean.
    so this is not about who is better or how to beat LD but it's about who got a better backhand smash??? I never claim LD backhand smash was the best. That's why i 'use' the almighty taufik's videos to make my point.

To beat LD is to win over LD. Having the best backhand is for show, and not much dough. How many game TH won because of his almighty backhand smash ???

If backhand smash is a so great winning shot, the 'thing' (TXH) would have had LD's backhand smash to be as good or better than taufik.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default For that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ayabrea View Post
    ...Also, LD's netgame is better than LCW as almost all netkills came from LD. I don't know if LCW knows this, but his gameplan needs to adapt to compensate for this because LD has figured him out.
    ..i am quite sure LCW knows what to do and should be able to figure out different gameplans to play against LD; after all, haven't they played each other in every other tourneys for the last several yrs?.
    The main issue now is the execution and whether LCW is able to do whatever gameplans, consistently. Maybe LCW needs to play w/a bit more patience??..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..i am quite sure LCW knows what to do and should be able to figure out different gameplans to play against LD; after all, haven't they played each other in every other tourneys for the last several yrs?.
    The main issue now is the execution and whether LCW is able to do whatever gameplans, consistently. Maybe LCW needs to play w/a bit more patience??..
    lcw knows what he need to beat LD but BAM won't let him have it.
    Guess what's it ( i think i gave out too much hint already)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan showed some weaknesses in his game while playing Hafiz. However i still believe as the matches progress.. he will be better. It will be slightly tough for him if he plays the way he played today tomorrow.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Lin Dan showed some weaknesses in his game while playing Hafiz. However i still believe as the matches progress.. he will be better. It will be slightly tough for him if he plays the way he played today tomorrow.
    What makes you believe it will be a competitive match tomorrow? LD could be playing with his right hand, smoking a cigar with his left, sitting on a chair and still beat BCL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This could be a trick tho. LD is quite good in acting.

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    What makes you believe it will be a competitive match tomorrow? LD could be playing with his right hand, smoking a cigar with his left, sitting on a chair and still beat BCL
    Very well said boss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will see how it goes. Even if he is not playing against BCL... today's match is definitely not an acting job.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will see how it goes. Even if he is not playing against BCL... today's match is definitely not an acting job.
    I tend to agree. HH did his level best and gave LD a decent work out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me expound on cooler's point. i am also a basketball fan so i'll thrown in a michael jordan anecdote for kicks. jordan was throughout his career a poor three point shooter, however he had the deadliest midrage J and post up game the NBA has ever seen from a shooting guard. therefore he never goes for the three pointer when a two pointer is available. The three pointer is like the backhand...it's not important to be godly at it to win. The two pointer is like the forehand...it's important to be godly at it to win.

Lin Dan's case is quite similar, as he knows the backhand, even when perfected, has its limitations, so he goes to his around the head style as often as he can. and as morten frost noted, the around the head smash is his favorite shot. he converts his weaknesses to strengths through his knowledge of the game and his athleticism, and thats what makes Mr. Lin Dan a complete player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, please Lin Dan,
    let Bao Chun Lai win just this once, Bao has gotten very fair hidding under your shadow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 'thing' is not around so only 50% ld to beat bcl or cj.

only if you can give lyb a good time worth his while....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    This is technically impossible. Avoiding net exchanges mean LCW will force to lift, and guess what is going to happen next? Bang, LD signature jump smash.
    Its actually possible, starting with a drop to LD's forehand corner. There are usually only 2 proper responses a lift or netshot. Assume a netshot because LCW can simply smash the lift, then the proper response is an immediate crosscourt lift to LD's backhand at the rear of the net. This is the only pattern that I've seen where a lift consistent does not result in a jump smash, or a strong standing smash from LD because LD is slightly off center from retrieving the forehand drop. While it is amazing that he can still run backwards and contort his back to even produce a smash, its still nowhere near his fully powered jump smash.

The pattern I describe is LD's only weakness that I've been able to identify. Don't get me wrong, the pattern that I describe isn't going to allow anyone to beat LD, because LCW must still fight to get the attack that allows him to do a proper drop to LD's forehand in the first place.

I don't doubt that LCW has a gameplan against LD and I admire him as a supreme defensive player, but everytime I see him choose to do any netshot in response to a netshot, only to have LD netkill it, it puts me at a loss because, at best, LD gets to it and does another netshot that LCW ends up lifting anyways. Usually LD simply netkills it, I've almost never seen LCW win any net exchange against LD where LCW responds to a netshot with a netshot unless there was some luck involved. Its because I see this happening again and again that makes me think maybe LCW gameplan against LD has a flaw in it.

Note that dropping to LD backhand then lifting LD's backhand rear has resulted in a standing smash that LCW cannot consistently block (I haven't seen him jump smash in this case either, but I will not rule it out either). In the latter half of the second set of the AE 2009 final, you can see this. This is because retrieving the backhand drop causes LD to be closer to his backhand rear court. So dropping anywhere to draw LD to the net then lifting immediately isn't always effective either.

Ayabrea

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well
    i do think so eventhough i am not here
    and i fear bcl more than lindan in this tournament
    is better to let lindan to meet lcw and not bcl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    but the almighty magician taufik does his backhand smash from mid court region too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEsARpxuYTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ualwAwHjopU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnpWxk_I-Xk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvhhgxVgA5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBZNL...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLebnp3CB1E

since LD is fast enough to get behind the shuttle at the rear court, why use a backhand smash when a forehand smash will do? like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlurXNnUQnw u must be getting bad coaching.

if LD can do a full rear to rear cross court clear just as well as taufik, how can u say LD can't do a rear court backhand smash? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK4IG...eature=related
    I believe LD just don't need the glamor of backhand smash from back there.
    You missed this one from Taufik:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzZKq17ydJI

This one is my favourite one because he complete owned Jonassen with his on the move, jumping, cross court backhand smash. You can hear the audience go crazy after that inhuman backhand smash. Jonassen and his coach is like, "ok, wtf do you do to win against someone who can do that?"

Ayabrea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    the 'thing' is not around so only 50% ld to beat bcl or cj.

only if you can give lyb a good time worth his while....
    speaking of LYB, where has he been lately? Haven't seen him for awhile

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever it is, we will see IF lin dan lose to any player in this AE. then from the video analysis, we can imply and debate more

on how to beat lin dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is currently on-going with our team and so are the chinese team....so are the ina team...so are the korean team and i think in the end only mas and china are going to exchange footage after semi final..

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast